GGS Obi-Wan ANH bust!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KitFisto said:
You must do what you feel is right, of course.
:lol

pitchin said:
I'm in......hopefully they'll re-do Ewen's Obi-wan

Yeah. I was just saying that to my wife. Ep3 Obi-Wan and Ep4 Ben would be nice bookends to the display of my ROTS Obi-Wan Saber.

hooooooooooooooo it's about damn time! way to go GG!

Amazing, I absolutely love Obi-Wan and this bust looks very nice indeed. I will preorder him.

Anakin said:
,..likeness seems off in the mouth area,..sideshow's premium format blows it away ,.. :cool:

I don't agree that the PF likeness blows it away. I think the eyes are better here. (Though I'm just judging from pics, since I don't own a PF. Yet.)

Still, shouldn't the PF blow it away, since the PF cost 10x as much?

pickard said:
I don't agree that the PF likeness blows it away. I think the eyes are better here. (Though I'm just judging from pics, since I don't own a PF. Yet.)

Still, shouldn't the PF blow it away, since the PF cost 10x as much?

,..to me it does blow it away,..yes,..it's more expesnive,..but I'm talking about the likeness,.. much better sculpt and details,..blows the gg bust away,... :maul :emperor

Anakin said:
,..likeness seems off in the mouth area,

siralecguinnessqn5.jpg
obiwananhmbui4.jpg
guinesscq4.jpg

A couple pics for comparison. Maybe a little off around the nose and upper lip, but definitely a great looking piece.

oxbeard said:
siralecguinnessqn5.jpg
obiwananhmbui4.jpg
guinesscq4.jpg

A couple pics for comparison. Maybe a little off around the nose and upper lip, but definitely a great looking piece.

,..thanks,..that proves my point,..gentle giant face looks more chubby also..eyes seems smaller,..nose is off,.. and mouth looks totally off too,.. i don't like it,.. :cool:

oxbeard said:
siralecguinnessqn5.jpg
obiwananhmbui4.jpg
guinesscq4.jpg

Looks great.

Thanks for the pics, oxbeard!

I think the PF likeness is passable (i.e., it sucks). He has that typical Sideshow stoned, lifeless look. The GG face is a little chubby, but it's also a far better likeness, with the added bonus of a Guinness-like expression. I guess, looking at the overall package, the GG bust has a much more rewarding display value.

I give the likeness a 9.5 out of 10. Almost perfect. The pose is a 10 for sure. It just oozes Sir Alec Guiness as "Old Ben". I don't collect this line but I can see how those that do would be excited with this release.

tomandshell said:
The Gentle Giant version must by nature be superior, since their busts are the result of digital scans of the actor.

:rolleyes:

LOL! Dead guy humor, oh Tom. :lol Seriously though, it's an awesome bust with a lot of character. I usually pass on the humans but Obi-Wan is my second favorite character.

Amanaman said:
I think the PF likeness is passable (i.e., it sucks). He has that typical Sideshow stoned, lifeless look. The GG face is a little chubby, but it's also a far better likeness, with the added bonus of a Guinness-like expression. I guess, looking at the overall package, the GG bust has a much more rewarding display value.

.. the pf sucks?... , do you even own the statue,..or saw it in person,.. i saw it,.. and it's a very good likeness,..,and judging the pics.. looks much better than gentle giant

Last edited:
Amanaman said:

Please don't take this as a personal attack, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about! The Obi PF is one of, if not, the best human likeness of any statue I've ever seen. There was some thread a while ago about the best likeness of any statue from any manufacturer and this was the run away winner. If you're gonna pick a PF to complain about likeness, you surely showed your ignorance by picking this one.

Amanaman said:

I agree with Loki. In my opinion the PF Obi from Sideshow is dead-on! No I don't own this piece but a good friend of mine and fellow freak here on the boards owns this awesome work of of art. If I were more into the Star Wars line I'd definetly pick up PF Obi. But hey what do I know, it's just my opinion.

Collector Freak said:
Looks so much more like Alec than Sideshow's, but besides that, it has so much more personality. Sideshow's almost looks generic in comparison! :lol

1296lz2.png

Yeah I know. Look at Alec's beautiful BLUE eyes. And the yellow in his beard looks great!

Back