GG Obi-Wan Clone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Aldeggon said:
OK, I just need to make the correlation between all those titles and stuff. Can I just publicly thank him then? I had to cancel my order for Kit after not having enough money when the time came to get him, and deeply saddened (I love Kit Fisto), I figured I would wait and find a deal. Well, I finally ran into that site after a google search and COULD NOT BELIEVE the price--$45?!?!? I thought it was a joke. I bought it almost expecting a post card with Kit's name on it, but no, he came in super-secure packaging, in MINT--and I'm talking MINT condition, and within 2 DAYS!!!

You have sealed me to your company Bob. Thank you!

Your welcome and it is nice to see something good in this thread.

Bob

That's a damn shame about the Obi-Wan. I always thought the proto pics looked amazing. I was even considering ordereing him, even though I don't collect the line because I liked him so much. SO glad I didn't, but shame on GG, has anything else made by them been that bad from proto to finished product?

If his/the statues hair was a little longer, about shoulder length, he could pass for Jesus.

Jesus the Jedi CUSTOMS!!

Saber Cross!!

kicx0175_189.jpg

Yikes. :monkey1

IrishJedi said:
What a piece of crap.

I don't care what angle a photo is taken at, this thing is terrible. It deserves every bit of bad press it's getting.

The Saber looks good.

It is too bad it had to happen to this statue as it had the potential to be the best GG piece this year.

Well Bob and I have decided to catapult the pieces back to GG as soon as they arrive.

Is it too late for GG to redo this thing? At the cost of damaging their image, I'd rather they delay this than lose customer confidence. Had I known GG was capable of this, I would no have pre-ordered. Wonder what that says about the upcoming LOTR busts I also have on pre-order??? Have they messed up any busts yet?

Darkshadowcollectibles said:
The Saber looks good.

It is too bad it had to happen to this statue as it had the potential to be the best GG piece this year.

Well Bob and I have decided to catapult the pieces back to GG as soon as they arrive.

As well you should. If you can, can you keep us informed at to how GG is going to deal with this issue?

Darth Loki said:
Yes that is he. He's commonly referred to as the Godfather. He's the F'n man and anyone who dares say otherwise needs to find another board.

I'll second that.

Darth Loki said:
As well you should. If you can, can you keep us informed at to how GG is going to deal with this issue?

I agree. There is no reason you, Bob, etc should be getting stuck with something this bad.

Khev said:

Thanks for reposting that image. That is the pic I was referring to earlier.

The profile, to me, makes it clear that this is not solely a paint apps screw up but includes the sculpt as well.

Its a shame, coz everything else on it looks great from the pose, to the cape, to the armour, even the droid under his foot looks great. :confused:

Darkshadowcollectibles said:

Please God don't hit my house by accident. I live just a stone's throw away from GG HQ!

Thanks

swabie aka "The Hitman"! (The Godfather granted me this name for undisclosed reasons....)

It's way more of a sculpt screw up to me. i could live with the paint apps, but the sculpt just blows it for me.

swabie2424 said:
Please God don't hit my house by accident. I live just a stone's throw away from GG HQ!

Thanks

swabie aka "The Hitman"! (The Godfather granted me this name for undisclosed reasons....)

Just give me the proper coordinates.

You should consider putting one of these in your front lawn. It can be the new GG garden nome

Since MOST of these GG statues and busts seem to have the heads as seperately molded pieces added to the torsos at the factory, maybe they could offer a replacement head (the one from the protoype)? Not IDEAL, as you are taking your $150 into you own hands trying pop a GG head off, but that might be the only viable option. Send GG your receipt, and they send you a new head.

What a magnificent farce. I was really looking forward to this statue...

-Adam

Atom Hues said:
Since MOST of these GG statues and busts seem to have the heads as seperately molded pieces added to the torsos at the factory, maybe they could offer a replacement head (the one from the protoype)? Not IDEAL, as you are taking your $150 into you own hands trying pop a GG head off, but that might be the only viable option. Send GG your receipt, and they send you a new head.

Well, my last GG statue, the Royal Guard, arrived with his head glued on crooked. I e-mailed GG and asked for the same thing--a replacement head for my $165 statue that I could replace at my own risk. They never responded.

tomandshell said:
obicomparisongi4.jpg

Obi16.jpg

It looked so much like Ewan McGregor that it was uncanny. Now it looks like complete rubbish.

I can't even come up with new words to describe this POS!!!!!!!!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Back