GG LOTR Mini Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another LOTR bust series and it's my Viggo up first.... o. my. freaking. gawd! I'm doomed. :aragorn How'm I gonna break this to my hubby, who truly really believed that my LOTR collecting had finally found an end? (mebbe I'll just hide them for a while until I can ease him into the idea:monkey3 )

:saruman :gandalf :legolas :gimli :frodo :galadriel :gollum: :arwen :

MayorOfMichelDelving said:
Maaaaaan i love those Gentle Giant busts!!!!.
This has got to the best Viggo likeness ever!!.
I love the stuff that Gentle Giant do. I have collected all their Harry Potter busts so far and i love them. The likeness for each character is spot on!.

Where did you get Malfoy from Fubeca?.
Is it a Gentle Giant bust as i'm sure that they have yet to make one of dear old Draco?.

Good gravy lot's of HP bust collectors have been seeping out the wood work the last few days. :D

The Malfoy bust went up for pre-sale yesterday in the late morning through GG website (the link to it was sent via e-mail to those who are signed up on there mailing list). IIRC only 200 were being sold through pre-sale and could only be picked up at Comic-Con next week.

Wetanut said:
Another LOTR bust series and it's my Viggo up first.... o. my. freaking. gawd! I'm doomed. :aragorn How'm I gonna break this to my hubby, who truly really believed that my LOTR collecting had finally found an end? (mebbe I'll just hide them for a while until I can ease him into the idea:monkey3 )

Anybody else do this?

Hide the new item in the closet? Then when it finally gets discovered:

"Oh, I've had that for a long time. Don't you remember me getting it?"

:monkey3

tomandshell said:
Anybody else do this?

Hide the new item in the closet? Then when it finally gets discovered:

"Oh, I've had that for a long time. Don't you remember me getting it?"

:monkey3

Fortunately I don't have to. I'd like to see my girlfriend's reaction when she see's these new LOTR busts though. Maybe I can actually get her to buy some stuff.

CAhobbit said:
Good gravy lot's of HP bust collectors have been seeping out the wood work the last few days.
:D
Yeah!! Us 30 something Harry Potter nuts only come out at night for fear of being ridiculed and being grouped together with the kids!:rotfl

CAhobbit said:
The Malfoy bust went up for pre-sale yesterday in the late morning through GG website (the link to it was sent via e-mail to those who are signed up on there mailing list). IIRC only 200 were being sold through pre-sale and could only be picked up at Comic-Con next week.
Thanks for the info CAhobbit.
I have just stumbled onto statueforum.com and seen some pics of the Lucius Malfoy comic con exclusive bust.
It looks really good and another must have for my collection.
Do you think that there will be a good chance of picking one of these up on ebay?>

They look great, but I am going to have to stick with my WETA/SS busts. I can;t justify doing another bust line for character I already have in bust form.

:D Do you think that there will be a good chance of picking one of these up on ebay?>

All signs point to yes I'm betting. Everything seems to end up on ebay even those darn Comic-con exclusive items. :D

Do you think that there will be a good chance of picking one of these up on ebay?>

I can pretty much guarantee you that there will be plenty on eBay. There were only a few of us posting about collecting this line, and then they announce the 500 edition size on Malfoy and everybody wants to get him. Honestly, maybe this will get a few new people to get on board the line, which might be part of why GG did it. But I have a feeling that quite a few people will be getting Malfoy just to sell on eBay. So your chances of seeing one on eBay are very good. Your chances of seeing one on eBay for fifty bucks...

Not so good.

The Aragorn looks amazing! I will be getting it for sure, though I really could do without the drawer. :eek: Personally I really wish that GG would give more height to their busts (down boys), I prefer the pedestal that SSW went with. The RW will be a pass, the sword looks a bit wierd in the hand.

Obi looks really good, that likeness is dead-on! :monkey5

Wetanut said:
amen! Last year, someone sold Sideshow's plastic Con carry bag on e-bay. :rotfl
:rotfl :rotfl
I always love seeing the 'free' silly items from Comic-con ending up on ebay. Cards, postcards, dice, pins etc...

Corwin said:
Anyone know what these GG LotR Busts/Ringkeepers will cost?

I'd assume close to $70 retail. They're slightly bigger than most GG busts and I have no idea if the drawer will add to the cost or not.

CAhobbit said:
All signs point to yes I'm betting. Everything seems to end up on ebay even those darn Comic-con exclusive items. :D

tomandshell said:
I can pretty much guarantee you that there will be plenty on eBay. There were only a few of us posting about collecting this line, and then they announce the 500 edition size on Malfoy and everybody wants to get him. Honestly, maybe this will get a few new people to get on board the line, which might be part of why GG did it. But I have a feeling that quite a few people will be getting Malfoy just to sell on eBay. So your chances of seeing one on eBay are very good. Your chances of seeing one on eBay for fifty bucks...

Not so good.
EBAY HERE I COME!!!.:banana I'm gonna keep em peeled!:google

EBAY HERE I COME!!!.:banana I'm gonna keep em peeled!:google

I'd give it at least a few weeks. You should be able to get them for under $100 after all is said and done. There's no need to go spending $150 right now.

thanks for the heads up Azog!!! Truly amazing pieces of statues. I love the Obi-wan. can't wait to see more of these bad boyz. :rock

tomandshell said:
There were only a few of us posting about collecting this line, and then they announce the 500 edition size on Malfoy and everybody wants to get him. But I have a feeling that quite a few people will be getting Malfoy just to sell on eBay. So your chances of seeing one on eBay are very good. Your chances of seeing one on eBay for fifty bucks...

Not so good.

And THIS my dear Tom is what has naffed me off...

GREATLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't Sirius only 500 last year too?

Darth Loki said:
I'd give it at least a few weeks. You should be able to get them for under $100 after all is said and done. There's no need to go spending $150 right now.
Sorry Darth Loki. I got a bit excited!:D
You are quite right of course!. Got to look after my money!.
Especially as Gentle Giant have the Nearly Headless Nick bust and the DeathEater bust coming out next month too!.

The people who pay the most are the ones who frantically grab that missing piece the first chance they get, and at any cost. (I've been there a few times myself and almost always regret it later.) If you are patient and keep actively looking for a good deal over a long period of time, you will very likely find one for a sensible price.

abstractharmony said:
And THIS my dear Tom is what has naffed me off...

GREATLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't Sirius only 500 last year too?

Yes, but the Sirius was only a varient (and a crappier one at that IMO). This is a whole different character and will probably rival the Harry bust for most sought after.

And I completely agree with you abstract, there are about 6 of his here that collect this line and have posted about it. That number has since multiplied by 10. I wish it were due to others knowing how great this line is but it's more likely to be they just want this one particular bust.

Back