George Lucas Vetoes Life-Size Star Wars Model

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong... :)nana:)

It does look hella awkward walking :lol.

That is a different LEGO At-At. The one you posted a video of was this one...

10178-1.jpg

I didn't think they mean that it would walk--I just thought they meant "functioning" as in it lights up and you can go in the cockpit and maybe the head and cannons move. I can't imagine a full sized walking AT AT is even possible, is it?

Actually, I don't see how Lucas could stop someone from building it--there's the issue of getting money from people to do it, but other than that it'd be just like any other personal project.

The walker (even that lego one) would look a lot more stable if it is built to move a single leg at a time. Moving two legs at a time will certainly take away from its stability.

Actually, I don't see how Lucas could stop someone from building it--there's the issue of getting money from people to do it, but other than that it'd be just like any other personal project.

It's a trademark issue. They are using his intellectual property without permission. Folks who build their own lightsabers or create their own helmets, etc are doing the same but LFL chooses whether or not to go after them. A few folks who sell their personal projects receive C&Ds on a regular basis. The reason why this is being gone after is because 1: Its been publically touted, many customizers or personal creators keep things fairly close to the vest and 2: this guy is accepting money for the project and while he isn't actually ever going to provide a piece for the "donations", it falls into that grey area of him selling a piece of the AT-AT.

LFL and WB both are two companies who watch the internet like a hawk and shut down anything that can be placed under the "selling" umbrella. Had he just built it on his own for example and shown it off, there would be little LFL could do but since he was accepting funds, it's a different story.

That lego one walks about as good as the wind up At-At toy from one of those fast food places lol.
Someone threw it in for free on an ebay purchase and now I don't know what to do with it.

Lucas has no authority over this..if I had the knowhow and ability to go out and make a car that looks like a ferrari...It is not against the law...its not a ferrari. If someone wants to build an AT-AT he cant stop it...they just cant make profits off of it.

Obviously a simple static full scale AT-AT would be near impossible to build, and a functioning one impossible.

But, if this is actually a true story, then soliciting donations using another person's intellectual property was likely the reason why this project was stopped (aside from it's absurd impossibility).

Sean

Anyway, if you guys read his autobiography. You will know he is like a typical weird-out Star Trek fan (the kinds who hates JJ ST) and doesn't allow anyone to play in his toy room.

Anyway, if you guys read his autobiography. You will know he is like a typical weird-out Star Trek fan (the kinds who hates JJ ST) and doesn't allow anyone to play in his toy room.

He's pretty good friends with JJ and he lets plenty of people play in his sandbox.

And believe it or not George Lucas is the first person who will get sued if some yokel built a life-size AT-AT (yes, I know it's not even possible... this is hypothetical) and wreaked havoc and destruction with it. Even without permission.

Back