Statue Gentle Giant Dwalin Mini-Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GG Dwalin Bust

GG has some of the worse timing I have ever seen with any company when it comes to releasing products. I was exclusively collecting GG for a couple of years then decided to move to SSC but I still enjoy their busts when they do come out. I will join up for the Voldemort bust.

Gentle Giant The Hobbit Dwalin

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

IMG_4889.jpg

Got mine the other day. Like the Thorin bust its a pretty darn good collectible. Paint and detail are both very good. The facial sculpt is a bit of an issue with the jaw area maybe a bit elongated compared to the Weta statue. The box is totally different than the Thorin box and resembles the design used from The Bridge Direct.

IMG_7716_zps06a12266.jpg

IMG_7730_zps1a082ec9.jpg

IMG_7762_zps7955bba8.jpg

IMG_7791_zps7d43e87f.jpg

IMG_7801_zps1b509500.jpg

IMG_7809_zps83fcd949.jpg

IMG_7820_zps417ec257.jpg

IMG_7910_zpsb795ea70.jpg

Doesn't look too bad, but Weta definately beats it :lecture

Would work for a collector who wants all the dwarves but can't afford to splash out on all the statues.

I agree the statue is better from top to bottom. It is like you said a good piece and a much cheaper way to get all the Dwarves.

Not a terrible bust, but it does have alittle of the Leia-long-face. Even though the box pic shows a bit more round of a face.

You're right about the box - it looks identical to TBD packaging. Right down to the red seal and coloring.

After doing a quick mental cost-benefit analysis at Comic-Con 12, I broke down and ordered this, as well as Thorin bust. As much as I'd like all 13 of the dwarves in Weta's statue line, I felt it to be economically infeasible as well as a problem for my already cramped display options available. You have no idea how difficult this decision was for me since I have no love for GG as a company after the BS they've put us collectors thru with their LOTR and Potter bust line (as well as their Wizard of Oz line which they abandoned as well). Now that I've committed to this, watch GG decide to not do all of the dwarves. I'm a fool.:dunno (why the pessimism? becuz they haven't announced any new busts in the Hobbit line yet. *sigh*)

It is the cheaper option. I am going for all of them in the Weta line first and foremost though. I will say through 2 busts they're doing a good job. However, your fears are the same as mine.

Back