Statue Gentle Giant Dwalin Mini-Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
dwalinmbconcept2.jpg

Guild member exclusive.

Anybody tempted to join/rejoin just to get this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: GG Dwalin Bust

that makeup is pretty bad. hope it comes across better on the screen.

My first interest has always been busts. They're kinder to the wallet than statues, less space hogging, and I like faces. Unfortunately, this is by Gentle Giant. I kept up my PG membership so that I could complete my HP line....but had to put up with a lot of BS from GG.

Obviously, I'm of 2 minds on this. I'll wait to see what comes out I guess before I make any commitments.:dunno

I guess it's safe to say GG definately DO have The Hobbit bust license then!! :lol

Given how slow and inconsistant GG can be, i'll probably hold off on these and just get the statues and environments.

Can someone inform me of what the issues with GG are, just for the sake of curiosity. I've never bought one of their products before.

BUT, given SSW did the busts from LOTR this is sort of a bad thing isn't it? Or has the industry become that much more fragmented with specialized licenses in the last decade?

I like GG, never had a problem. Alot of hate came from exclusives, that where hard to get. But I love the HP bust line. Its still one of the best overall lines out there. I did have the SSW LOTR bust, so I'll be interested in these. But Have to see some pics first.

GG is notorious for delay after delay, human likenesses are almost always off and their choice of exclusives leaves a lot to be desired. Normally, I would be all over this line, but I don't want 6 or 7 dwarves; call me a completist of whatever, but I want all of them and I highly doubt that is going to happen.

Also, on the off chance they do make all of them, they will almost certainly be able to be found cheaper after all is said and done.

Yes, the Harry Potter line is fantastic and i have a few of them, but that now seems to be fizzling out and i still need the Weasley parents!!

GG's previous bust line was pretty incomplete. Same with their maquette line. I don't trust GG to produce a comprehensive line of LOTR collectibles. Plus their delays are completely unacceptable. Some SW collectors have been waiting on products for several years, I.e. the Bantha and Tusken piece. That debuted at SDCC in 2009 and it still hasn't shipped. And there have been some instances where they've unveiled product and then never produced it. Pans Labyrinth anyone? I stopped buying GG a long time ago and have no plans to go back.

I've got all their LOTR mini-busts and quite like them. Obviously they pulled the plug on that line WAY too soon, but I'm kind of used to that when it comes to LOTR lines.

(sigh) :(

Anyhow, I plan on collecting whatever they put out for The Hobbit, but my only question is ... is it worth the price to join their club? Is it crazy-hard to get your hands on the exclusives if you don't?

Because I've never had any trouble picking up their regular releases through various outlets and for fairly steep discounts.

Any thoughts?

The PGM membership is now open. I'm gonna join up when I get home. Exclusive items in the past have been difficult but easier for the PGM members. It's $70 to join this year by the way.

GG's previous bust line was pretty incomplete. Same with their maquette line. I don't trust GG to produce a comprehensive line of LOTR collectibles. Plus their delays are completely unacceptable. Some SW collectors have been waiting on products for several years, I.e. the Bantha and Tusken piece. That debuted at SDCC in 2009 and it still hasn't shipped. And there have been some instances where they've unveiled product and then never produced it. Pans Labyrinth anyone? I stopped buying GG a long time ago and have no plans to go back.

Totally agree,well said :exactly:

$70 to even be able to order it,then wait 2/3 years to get it?,no thanks

Totally agree,well said :exactly:

$70 to even be able to order it,then wait 2/3 years to get it?,no thanks

No no no, it's $70 to join, and you pick which exclusive you want for free. So basically you pay $70 for a bust, which is quite good. Plus you get these extras:

Members will have an option to choose from 5 Premier Guild Exclusives as their FREE gift! This year we will be offering a selection of 3 Star Wars, 1 Harry Potter and 1 Hobbit piece. You will have the option to purchase the other 4 items.

Members will receive 10% off all their orders of non-exclusive/regular release products placed directly through the Gentle Giant Ltd. Website.

Premier Guild Members will receive a one time use $30 coupon code for use on a purchase of in stock merchandise when they purchase the 2012 PG Membership.

All Pre-Orders for PG Members will be guaranteed. There will be no more conditional or wait listing for our members. (If pre-ordered during the pre-order time frame)

First hand opportunity to purchase any exclusive that we create. This includes all distributor, international, and convention exclusives. While supplies last.

Opportunity to pre-order and post-order San Diego Comic Con Exclusives, our WonderCon Exclusive and our Star Wars Celebration VI Exclusive before anyone else. While supplies last. Limit one per member unless otherwise noted.

We will also be offering exclusive variants and bonus accessories for some of our 2012 releases created just for our PG members! These variants include the Deluxe Red Skull Mini Bust (with interchangeable hand wielding the infamous Cosmic Cube) and the White Widow Mini Bust (paint variant of the Black Widow Mini Bust). These items will have the same SRP as the regular versions.

Option to purchase our exclusive annual Holiday mini bust.
Receive inside scoop with sneak peeks of upcoming product as well as interviews from behind the scenes. This will include more information than our normal newsletter and website updates

I was wrong earlier PGM renewals start Thursday and it sounds like later that day the rest of us can join.

GG seems to be getting more collector friendly?! :horror

Either way, there stuff doesn't interest me much at all, I think the only things I have left are the Pan's busts.

:exactly: :goodpost: :clap

I remember how GG treated people at Comic Con which is enough for me to not want to have anything to do with them. :pfft:

I happily collect their Potter line which is fantastic - and their Bombadil bust! - but seemingly i was fortunate to start late, and thus i didn't have to wait months on end to recieve a pre-order!
They do some good work, but i'd rather avoid the hassle of expecting good, fast service and incomplete lines.

Back