Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this mail from my UK retailer.

Unfortunately we have been informed that this item has now sold out and we are unable to obtain any further supplies. Please be assured that no payment has been taken from your card. I apologise for any disappointment caused. Best regards Stacey Customer Services

:( :(

Oh man...that totally sucks, Chris. Sorry to hear this, brother. :(

If I had waited a couple days or weeks and re-looked at my German retailer, then they'd have gotten her on their site, and I would have had her in December. But GG she wasn't available on the German site at the time I made my PO. :(

Thanks, guys. :(

As mentioned in PM. :) Forbidden Planet Int'l.

I hate to be a whiner... but damn, sometimes it really sucks that the companies are based in the US. EU seems to really be on GG's bad side.

No I hear you Chris - I'm the same, I don't want to whin or carry on.

It should be that you place a pre-order and that stock is allocated by the supplier. There should not be instances like this with unnecessary drama, frustration and indeed sadness.

What makes this worse is the not knowning and the total lack of communication / updates. There has been no response from them on FB to a members query. No response (despite newer tweets) to my query via twitter and also my e-mail's have been clearly ignored/disregarded - It's appalling!

I don't know if I should now re-contact Lee @ CDUK.
- My order was with a different UK supplier, but it certainly looks like (as suspected) there is a serious EU distribution problem and I can't get GG to do the decent thing and tell me what the hell is going. :gah: :banghead

As I said previously, I'll be devastated if I loose this one, especially when I placed my order on Sep 4 2014.
- I don't know about Chris; but if it's the same situation with Lee / CDUK I doubt I'll be able to fork out for one of the extortionate eBay pieces.

Sorry to hear this. It sucks when you've been waiting this long and there's no hope of finding it elsewhere at a reasonable price. Following the situation with this release is totally putting me off GG.

Has anyone spoke to CDUK recently? I don't understand why it's taking so long for GG to get it to European suppliers if a German one was able to get it last year.

Oh my god!

OK well it's official, here is what CDUK was advised:

"Unfortunatelly we have some bad news regarding item; GGI80391 – Black Widow Statue 18 inch

Our domestic supplier in Europe gave us the information that this statue was never received from Gentle Giant and they will not get it anymore.

Since this European supplier has the Exclusive Marvel license for Gentle Giant and these items are never shipped by them, we have to inform you that this item is cancelled."

Absolutely Gutted!! :medic

:(!

I've had a bad feeling for a while now, still - I just can't believe it! :(
Much like yourself this was my most anticipated piece.

I've had a bad feeling for a while now, still - I just can't believe it! :(
Much like yourself this was my most anticipated piece.

I had a bad feeling as well after I contacted FP.co.uk the second time a couple weeks ago. No word at all. I don't know what we could have done. Maybe I should just stick to La Cite Des Nuages and SPACE in the future.

I feel for you guys. A local seller told me a few weeks ago that should he learn of a spare statue —like that was going to happen— he'd let me know, but having actually pre-ordered one back in the day and being left with nothing is certainly a major bummer.

I had a bad feeling as well after I contacted FP.co.uk the second time a couple weeks ago. No word at all. I don't know what we could have done. Maybe I should just stick to La Cite Des Nuages and SPACE in the future.

There was nothing more we could have done here, this is all on GG. :mad:
this statue was never received from Gentle Giant
- I'm still a processing, but I have to say I don't think I would want to buy anything from GG ever again after this; regardless of the piece.

Disgusting behaviour.

Wow...Sorry that you received the bad news, UGB. :(

Thanks Man! :(

urgh, absolutely gutted. Like everyone else I've been waiting for so long and was genuinely excited about it. I'm so annoyed.

It's weird that CDUK know they're not getting it and I haven't been contacted at all.

Well by the sounds of it and to be fair to Lee it looks like this announcement has just landed and while many of us have had doubts and concerns about the EU distribution (save the odd few) the details coming out of either GG or the EU distributors (I suspect the former personally) have seemingly made this really difficult for places like CDUK and FP to provide updates.

Of course it's not my place to speak for CDUK, but I can relay the following from this evenings correspondence with Lee:

...we will start to process cancellation tomorrow and you will receive email from us.

So tomorrow will be a sad day for many :(

Believe me Para, I'm still very annoyed too; but I really believe this shambles is solely on GG/EU GG Distributor.

Sorry to hear guys losing their PO . Was same thing to my PO with movie direct replica . Refunded me back few months back.
Thought my order was safe. Boom no Black widow.:slap
My Artemisia is with CDUK hope that is not effected , will be two failed PO.:slap fearing the worst now.:gah:

Sorry to hear guys losing their PO . Was same thing to my PO with movie direct replica . Refunded me back few months back.
Thought my order was safe. Boom no Black widow.:slap
My Artemisia is with CDUK hope that is not effected , will be two failed PO.:slap fearing the worst now.:gah:

Ah, given the already failed PO I do hope that your Artemisia order completes without issue!
I mean loosing out Scar Jo & Eva Green:

Futurama-Professor-Farnsworth-Meme-I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-12.jpg

3d-crying-sad-face-smiley-emoticon.png

Back