Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can tell 3D Studio/GG is a Hollywood company. Movie houses are well acquainted with the mindset of "treat the fans like sh--, they'll keep buying tickets"

Sucky news. Sorry guys.

I have a funny feeling that due to Black Widow's low edition size of only 600, allocations for the EU market was severely limited. And therefore those retailers were not able to receive much (if any) of their anticipated stock. It really sucks for fellow collectors in the EU market. Too bad the edition size was not 1000 or more. Otherwise, I am sure more people would be able to purchase this magnificent statue to display/admire.

I have mine sitting on my computer desk on the left-hand side of my keyboard. As I type, the corner of my eye is intentionally accidentally glancing at her fine behind :wink1: :monkey3. I love 3D scanning :lol. There is just way too much to love about this statue. My newest 1/4 scale statue and is by far my favorite one to date. I mean......who doesn't love Scar Jo????

I have a funny feeling that due to Black Widow's low edition size of only 600, allocations for the EU market was severely limited. And therefore those retailers were not able to receive much (if any) of their anticipated stock. It really sucks for fellow collectors in the EU market. Too bad the edition size was not 1000 or more. Otherwise, I am sure more people would be able to purchase this magnificent statue to display/admire.

I have mine sitting on my computer desk on the left-hand side of my keyboard. As I type, the corner of my eye is intentionally accidentally glancing at her fine behind :wink1: :monkey3. I love 3D scanning :lol. There is just way too much to love about this statue. My newest 1/4 scale statue and is by far my favorite one to date. I mean......who doesn't love Scar Jo????

:lol :lol :lol

Was the low Edition Size due to lack of Pre-Orders for this statue? Seems like as soon as we had in-hand pictures everyone was scrambling to get one....

Was the low Edition Size due to lack of Pre-Orders for this statue? Seems like as soon as we had in-hand pictures everyone was scrambling to get one....

Gentle Giant set the ES low at PO. IMO collectors waited to see in hand pics & reviews before POing due to the high cost which caused the scrambling.

Yep:

Confirmed Cancellation e-mail received from CDUK:

Hi Dan,

I am really sorry to inform you that the item Captain America The Winter Soldier Statue Black Widow 46 cm is not available any longer due to Gentle Giant fail to fulfill the pre-orders for EU market. The Captain America The Winter Soldier Statue Black Widow 46 cm will be cancelled from your account with us.

Due to it's not our customers' fault to cancel this order, please confirm with me what you want the payment you have made for your order of the Black Widow statue. Below is the options for you:

1. we will refund the full payment you have paid to you either via Paypal or Worldpay.

2. we can transfer the payment you have paid to your any other orders with us.

Sorry again for any trouble caused and we are looking forward to your confirmation.

Kind regards

Lee

gentle-giant.jpg

:(

Definitely the low run which was the contributing factor here, I had a feeling initially that a statue with that low a run would be awkward to distribute internationally.

They must have known early on and just did nothing, despatched what little units they had domestically and the odd few else where (places like SPACE and so forth).

I think going forward if anyone in the EU/ or outside of the US decides to go with a GG piece, moreover a piece with a low run (which lets face it is probably always going to be the case with this company, irrespective of demand) should definitely go direct or US Store for a better chance of order completion.

If I were someone like Lee or a shop owner, I'd think carefully before putting up pre-orders for any future GG product as I can see this happening again and again and again. :mad:

Gentle Giant set the ES low at PO. IMO collectors waited to see in hand pics & reviews before POing due to the high cost which caused the scrambling.

I'm not sure that this is a factor here though. I mean I don't doubt what you are saying, but even if we had all pre-ordered this on the day of launch, I don't think it would have made a blind bit of difference.

They signed off for 600 and I can't see them changing their mind on this because of say an additional 600+ orders from outside of the US.

Refund processed from CDUK. Part of me was still hoping it was an April fools joke.

I guess it's not surprising after seeing how poor GG customer service is. I said it before, but I think that's a huge problem in this hobby. These companies are under no obligation to offer anything resembling a good service because people will buy their products regardless. The GG CEO could go around taking a dump in everyone's corn flakes and people would still be desperate to hand over their cash (that's not direct towards anyone in here, just a general and slightly exaggerated trend I've noticed).

It's not rocket science - it's a matter of counting to the es. The es may not be official (know to the public) when a figure goes up for po but the maker knows the es. So in this case it's just a matter of counting to 600. When you reach that number in po's from buyers at your website and retailers all around the world you either up the es or close for more po's. It's not the first time GG mess up - the same thing happend to the Babydoll Sucker Punch figure. Giving the succes of TWD I fear we might see the same problem here. What's worse: lack of qc (SS) or a company that can't count?

I'm not sure if GG does know what the ES will be, look at the Artemisia Statue from 300, it had kind of a weird ES of 270, makes me think the ES is based on early pre-orders... This was another example of everyone waiting to see in hand pictures then scrambling to get one...

I'm not sure that this is a factor here though. I mean I don't doubt what you are saying, but even if we had all pre-ordered this on the day of launch, I don't think it would have made a blind bit of difference.

They signed off for 600 and I can't see them changing their mind on this because of say an additional 600+ orders from outside of the US.

True. I should have said that here in the States that collectors waited for in hand pics or reviews to PO.

Guys, I had Artemisia on order with three different places that did not receive their orders in the US. So it is not just Europe getting screwed. I was able to get Black Widow, and she is amazing (granted the cube was never glued). I got her off eBay early on. Artemisia was a better statue, but this one is still stellar.
Overall, my Whisper variant is by far the best GG piece.

Well, after 24 hours of inner turmoil - I have swallowed my pride (and probably common sense), and purchased a piece from eBay. :thud:

Despite my Wanted Thread here on the board - I couldn't see it pulling anyone in, so it was a case of do I keep trying and trying and in the mean time loose out on the last low (ish) price eBay listing.

I had to look from the point of view that now that the EU (and indeed maybe others too) pre-orders are cancelled there will be those much like myself eagerly seeking to pick up this piece. With a total of 600 all in, it's unlikely the prices listed are going to get any /better/.

Unit Price + UK Shipping + Import fees (which I am dreading) - I still think it's worth it. It's that one piece that I just have to have for my collection and well I just had to take the heavy hit on this one. :(

I just wish I knew sooner! :gah:

Well, after 24 hours of inner turmoil - I have swallowed my pride (and probably common sense), and purchased a piece from eBay. :thud:

Despite my Wanted Thread here on the board - I couldn't see it pulling anyone in, so it was a case of do I keep trying and trying and in the mean time loose out on the last low (ish) price eBay listing.

I had to look from the point of view that now that the EU (and indeed maybe others too) pre-orders are cancelled there will be those much like myself eagerly seeking to pick up this piece. With a total of 600 all in, it's unlikely the prices listed are going to get any /better/.

Unit Price + UK Shipping + Import fees (which I am dreading) - I still think it's worth it. It's that one piece that I just have to have for my collection and well I just had to take the heavy hit on this one. :(

Congrats! I am still kicking myself for not bidding on the last one I saw which ended at $560 :(

Conratz on scoring one . Pity it end up this way for most. I just ended up PO something else.

Back