Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine in today, my first gentle giant statue, looks great. But I also had the holster issue, broke and had to glue it back. There is also what appears to be dried glue below the holster on her leg (it was there before I fixed the holster). Other than that it looks great.

#346 in the house! Photo coming soon!

Terrified to try to get the pistols in. Will wait for statue to reach room temp and then use hairdryer. Can someone please post closeup of gun in holster so I know when the gun is seated correctly?

Thanks

Terrified to try to get the pistols in. Will wait for statue to reach room temp and then use hairdryer. Can someone please post closeup of gun in holster so I know when the gun is seated correctly?

Thanks

Here ya go. It looks like GG used a larger size holster for the Glock 26. It seems like it is sitting up higher than it should be.

Just got mine in today, my first gentle giant statue, looks great. But I also had the holster issue, broke and had to glue it back. There is also what appears to be dried glue below the holster on her leg (it was there before I fixed the holster). Other than that it looks great.

Sucks to hear about your holster. Congrats on getting BW though! :duff

Congrats! :duff

Here is a quick pic of my Iron Patriot.

Niiiiice! :clap :hi5: :clap

2vjymg1.jpg

There's another example of a ridiculous Sideshow pose. GG's is much better.

I just want GG to tackle more movie statues at this quality. Gamora, Tauriel, etc.

I'd pay these prices if GG could do Star Wars statues, but I know they don't have the license for that scale. :(

I think that Gentle Giant's version turned out very well. I own both Black Widow statues by Gentle Giant & Sideshow, I like having both in my collection.

People can say what they will but both statues have their merits in my opinion and that's all that matters to me. :lecture

The likeness on the Sideshow is decent enough. The problem is the lazy eye and the fact that the sculpted outfit works better for this character so GG has that edge.

The likeness on the Sideshow is decent enough. The problem is the lazy eye and the fact that the sculpted outfit works better for this character so GG has that edge.

I can agree with the GG edge.

I do have to say that Sideshow's BW fabric costume is done really well and I, thankfully, didn't have the lazy eye issue that some had. :D

I do think the fabric costume of the SS version was well executed. But the skin colour on the face seemed a bit pale when in comparison with the GG version.

For the GG version, the detailed sculpt, the paint apps, and most importantly the likeness to ScarJo were all at an extremely high level. She is just stunning! Although, GG's dynamic pose did accentuate ScarJo's amazing physique (i.e. her bootay :monkey5). So I feel it was a massive victory for GG :clap They won by a landslide.

I do think the fabric costume of the SS version was well executed. But the skin colour on the face seemed a bit pale when in comparison with the GG version.

For the GG version, the detailed sculpt, the paint apps, and most importantly the likeness to ScarJo were all at an extremely high level. She is just stunning! Although, GG's dynamic pose did accentuate ScarJo's amazing physique (i.e. her bootay :monkey5). So I feel it was a massive victory for GG :clap They won by a landslide.

Indeed it did! :naughty
drool-smiley.gif

Feels like yesterday that I just had her.....

:1-1:

Back