General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Minnesota. They have a really good player they can be proud of, and he leaves to chase a ring. Being a New Orleans fan, I can relate :(

Interesting to consider the Lebron angle here, though. Before now, I thought he would have a genuine chance to prove himself as a guy like Jordan, who could win with essentially support staff. Now, with a legit all-star talent like Love, winning will mean little more for him than it did in Miami IMO.

Support staff? Jordan played with multiple Hall of Famers led by a Hall of Fame Coach. That statement is insane.

Best players he played with were Pippen and Rodman (did anyone else go into the HOF?). Both were good to very good at different points, but neither would have accomplished much without a star to work alongside, and Rodman came to the Bulls in the tail end of his career. Love is considered a top guy by many. But we'll see. I don't think there's any doubt that Lebron is an all-time great, but I don't think he can be in discussions with Jordan if he keeps attracting major stars. I can't imagine Jordan teaming with Barkley, Isaiah Thomas, or Karl Malone during the height of his career, for example.

Last edited:
Best players he played with were Pippen and Rodman (did anyone else go into the HOF?). Both were good to very good at different points, but neither would have accomplished much without a star to work alongside, and Rodman came to the Bulls in the tail end of his career. Love is considered a top guy by many. But we'll see. I don't think there's any doubt that Lebron is an all-time great, but I don't think he can be in discussions with Jordan unless he keeps attracting major stars. I can't imagine Jordan teaming with Barkley, Isaiah Thomas, or Karl Malone during the height of his career, for example.

Jordan would've rather dropped dead than do that

Poor Minnesota. They have a really good player they can be proud of, and he leaves to chase a ring. Being a New Orleans fan, I can relate :(

Interesting to consider the Lebron angle here, though. Before now, I thought he would have a genuine chance to prove himself as a guy like Jordan, who could win with essentially support staff. Now, with a legit all-star talent like Love, winning will mean little more for him than it did in Miami IMO.

Isn't Pippen considered a top 20 guy of all time by most? I would say this Cavs team might overall, be better than the Miami teams he had assuming they have good chemistry and a descent enough coach, but Wade and Bosh had proven they could carry teams on their own, while Love and Irving haven't proven anything other than being good to great talents. Pippen was able to at least get a Jordan-less team out of the first round, while Love and Irving have never even taken their teams to the playoffs, so I would argue Jordan had more talent on his Chi team than Lebron has currently just based on Pippen alone. You can factor in Jackson, Rodman, or whoever, but I don't think one needs to.

I would say this Cavs team might overall, be better than the Miami teams he had assuming they have good chemistry and a descent enough coach, but Wade and Bosh had proven they could carry teams on their own, while Love and Irving haven't proven anything other than being good to great

Careful....slippery slope. I made a very similar comment in different context and boo birds spring up :)

Before, weren't you referring to love vs wiggins? The obvious 2nd best for those bulls teams and this cavs team will be pippen/love. Love has proven to be one of the best players in the league, but I don't think he's comparable to pippen as a "robin" yet, time will tell. We don't know how much of a dip, if any, his stats will take.

Best players he played with were Pippen and Rodman (did anyone else go into the HOF?). Both were good to very good at different points, but neither would have accomplished much without a star to work alongside, and Rodman came to the Bulls in the tail end of his career. Love is considered a top guy by many. But we'll see. I don't think there's any doubt that Lebron is an all-time great, but I don't think he can be in discussions with Jordan if he keeps attracting major stars. I can't imagine Jordan teaming with Barkley, Isaiah Thomas, or Karl Malone during the height of his career, for example.

Pippen lead the Bulls to a 50+ win season and game 7 Eastern Conference Finals without Jordan, he was a BEAST. No team in the NBA does much without at least one pair of complimentary stars, the closest I can think of in recent memory would be the Dallas Mavericks. If you want to call the other members of Jordan's Bulls a 'support staff' that's fine. However, you should acknowledge he had arguably the best support staff in the history of the league: Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, Kukoc, Armstrong, Ho Grant, Paxson led by a HOF coach. It doesn't get much better than that.

Before, weren't you referring to love vs wiggins? The obvious 2nd best for those bulls teams and this cavs team will be pippen/love. Love has proven to be one of the best players in the league, but I don't think he's comparable to pippen as a "robin" yet, time will tell. We don't know how much of a dip, if any, his stats will take.

Yeah it was about Wiggins trade but the core belief is the same. Love and Irving while great talents haven't displayed the alpha mentality to escalate their teams beyond subpar. Questioning whether Love or Irving can escalate their game to a Pippenesq level when they haven't risen their teams beyond the lottery is legit. IMO I don't think either will achieve that level but they will make a very strong trio alongside James

wiggins and Bennett were never mentioned in lebrons letter. funny. the groundwork we see now was probably laid over a month ago

Good god, how many points will Russel Westbrook finish with tonight? Totally had a top ten SC dunk right befor halftime.

Back