General Grievous Life-Size Bust Post yours here!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with mine. Paint and quality are great. The "fins" for the side of his head are plastic which helps, as are the antennas at his mouth.

One more shot:

9iwqqt.jpg

I may not have noticed from the pics (or I at least I hadn't) but the "fins" being plastic kinda stands out - being lighter than the rest of him.

Oh well, it seems a minor issue. :angelsmil

I may not have noticed from the pics (or I at least I hadn't) but the "fins" being plastic kinda stands out - being lighter than the rest of him.

Oh well, it seems a minor issue. :angelsmil

I don't find you really notice in hand, it's possible the materials handle light differently, so in camera flash they show up different.

The above 2 photos were under flash lighting, not traditional flash but still that was the source.

This is pure room lighting and I don't see a contrast in it.

A.jpg

I don't find you really notice in hand, it's possible the materials handle light differently, so in camera flash they show up different.

Yeah I hadn't picked it up so far until you mentioned it; but in the last shots it was somewhat evident.

Either way as I said, it doesn't appear to be too large an issue.

One thing having this bust brings to mind, he looks cool, but really, the way the mask is and the way his flesh eyes are, it doesn't quite make sense how they pieced him together, it's less than an inch deep, it's like the saved a bit of his skin around his eyes to look cool but really they just have the eyes in a robot socket :lol Like I said, he's a badass design, but if you take what he's supposed to be and study the structure, it's definitely a head scratcher.

Day 2 with this in my posession and I'm loving it even more. This bust looks so badass. I'm so happy to have it. As far as my 1:1 pieces go, he's in a 3 way tie with Maul and Palpatine, with Salacious Crumb and Yoda falling in behind them.

The more I look at it, the less I want it. It's just not for me. I simply can't ignore his lame/goofy ROTS performance when this is a life-sized bust staring at me.

The more I look at it, the less I want it. It's just not for me. I simply can't ignore his lame/goofy ROTS performance when this is a life-sized bust staring at me.

If the ROTS portrayal bothers you that much, i do suggest passing. It's like he's right out of the movie and it conjures up scenes in your mind when you look at it, which in your case will piss you off :lol

Beautiful pics Averone!!! Good clarity :)

I'm diggin this piece still. I'm waiting on mine, and the pics so far are keeping my spirits up! The only complaint I have is the little microphone(?) arms coming to the front of the face.... The should've been metal or separate pieces. It looks like plastic and kinda cheap :eek:

The plastic elements really don't stand out in hand, unless you felt them you wouldn't know what it is, you'd just see a cool looking bust. Only the translucent piece for his throat, I assume that's what it is, looks like plastic.

Really want to take "real" photos of this thing, but he arrived after lunch break yesterday, I went out for lunch today and I'm out for lunch tomorrow, so no time with him until Monday, oh well, couple more from the phone because I'm enjoying him so much.

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

The only complaint I have is the little microphone(?) arms coming to the front of the face.... The should've been metal or separate pieces. It looks like plastic and kinda cheap :eek:

I had/have the same issue when I saw this at SDCC and now; both the "mouth fins" and arms should have been made out of metal - certainly would have made for a more realistic look.

*Mine is waiting at home, so I will know shortly!*

I had/have the same issue when I saw this at SDCC and now; both the "mouth fins" and arms should have been made out of metal - certainly would have made for a more realistic look.

*Mine is waiting at home, so I will know shortly!*

When you see this thing in person, I'm certain you won't care what the pieces are made out of, the things looks totally real bute for the throat stuff but you hardly see that anyway, all the armor pieces and the eyes look insanely real.

When you see this thing in person, I'm certain you won't care what the pieces are made out of, the things looks totally real bute for the throat stuff but you hardly see that anyway, all the armor pieces and the eyes look insanely real.

Won't know for about 3 hrs. :sick

Back