Gears of War 2: All fronts collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
epic_fail.jpg

My favorite part though is this
In order to make the pack worthwhile to those who've already downloaded the majority of the Gears 2 DLC, the package also contains an introduction from Cliff Bleszinski for "Road to Ruin", a collectible poster, a strategy guide, and a custom Xbox Live theme.

So if you didnt already have the DLC you dont get this stuff? I dont get this comment. No matter what you do unless you charge less those who have all the DLC are getting screwed. I mean we spent $25 on DLC and now you just give it away for free to those who didnt spend extra money. I am not saying the rest is not worth $20 It seems reasonable but the fact that if you never bother to get DLC your getting $45 worth of stuff for $20.

My favorite part though is this

So if you didnt already have the DLC you dont get this stuff? I dont get this comment. No matter what you do unless you charge less those who have all the DLC are getting screwed. I mean we spent $25 on DLC and now you just give it away for free to those who didnt spend extra money. I am not saying the rest is not worth $20 It seems reasonable but the fact that if you never bother to get DLC your getting $45 worth of stuff for $20.

But that's kinda par for the course when it comes to DLC, isn't it? I mean, all the Halo maps become free for download about a year after they're released. Diehards who can't wait that long end up paying for the privilege of playing those maps before everyone else, but they're certainly not forced to spend those MS points.

I guess their logic is that someone who is unwilling to wait a year for the new content to become free will be willing to shell out money for pretty much anything with the Gears logo on it. We're pretty much the authors of our own fate. :huh

The more I think about it this is Epics way of pissing on the fans that bought the map packs that came before it and saying you know you want them and you will buy them again. Its great for the ones who don't have the maps but for all of us that already have them this is a sorry move and very bad on Epics part.
i agree. luckily for me i havent bothered with the DLC yet, but i guess this'll warrant a purchase from me. i'm not sure how much this is gonna hurt them in the future. this game is like the gift that keeps on giving...you buy it, three months later you buy more maps, again a few months later, then just to cash in on stupidity they make new maps, but the only way to get them is to re-purchase the ones you already have. $$$$$$$$ i'm going into the game making business.

But that's kinda par for the course when it comes to DLC, isn't it? I mean, all the Halo maps become free for download about a year after they're released. Diehards who can't wait that long end up paying for the privilege of playing those maps before everyone else, but they're certainly not forced to spend those MS points.

I guess their logic is that someone who is unwilling to wait a year for the new content to become free will be willing to shell out money for pretty much anything with the Gears logo on it. We're pretty much the authors of our own fate. :huh

But as this exact moment those maps are NOT free. I actually checked before I made my comment. If they were now free I would have less issue with them being in this.

But as this exact moment those maps are NOT free. I actually checked before I made my comment. If they were now free I would have less issue with them being in this.
good point...i didn't know they still charged for them. that is lame as hell. maybe i won't buy this. to be honest i really haven't touched this game since december.... too many other really good games out to play and the online on Gears 2 isn't my thing at all. unless i'm playing with peeps that i know i don't mess with it at all. in fact, i think the only time i played with any of the Brotherhood members was back when i was playing the Horde, which IMO is the best thing they did with Gears 2. everything else is just recycled with new window dressing.

I hear ya. This is more like a package deal, combining three different sets of DLC onto one disc. And I agree that it's a mistake not to offer the 7 new maps as a separate download for people who have already purchased the previous map packs.

They should have both; that way, people who haven't bought any DLC so far will get all of it at a discounted price along with some promotional goodies, whereas people who have already bought some of the previous DLC packs will have the option of downloading only the new maps for less than this package deal. It actually makes so much sense I don't understand why they're not doing it that way...

Oh, wait. It's because Epic are a bunch of money-grubbing scum. :duh

I hear ya. This is more like a package deal, combining three different sets of DLC onto one disc. And I agree that it's a mistake not to offer the 7 new maps as a separate download for people who have already purchased the previous map packs.

They should have both; that way, people who haven't bought any DLC so far will get all of it at a discounted price along with some promotional goodies, whereas people who have already bought some of the previous DLC packs will have the option of downloading only the new maps for less than this package deal. It actually makes so much sense I don't understand why they're not doing it that way...

Oh, wait. It's because Epic are a bunch of money-grubbing scum. :duh

And Cliffy need $ to by more gel for his faux hawk.:rotfl

I don't have a problem with it. Epic is a business after all and had to develop the news maps, etc. If they give stuff away free, how do they remain viable as a business. I'm going to buy this and won't feel like I'm being screwed. :peace

Just read on another site that you can buy the Dark Corners map pack by itself for 1600 ms points.:banghead:banghead

Just read on another site that you can buy the Dark Corners map pack by itself for 1600 ms points.:banghead:banghead

...like I said.....cash grab.

Epic:Yea we know the MP is crappy and has tons of flaws but instead of fixing that lets just sells some maps. :cool:

Fans: new maps....:woo....we gotta pay what....only $20 bucks...:woo

Epic:.....:rotfl....suckers.

If Sideshow made a new alternate head for an existing PF that was out for a while would you expect them to give it to you for free because you bought and paid for the original PF or would it be ok for them to sell it to you? :lecture

If Sideshow made a new alternate head for an existing PF that was out for a while would you expect them to give it to you for free because you bought and paid for the original PF or would it be ok for them to sell it to you? :lecture

Depends?....is the PF broken like GOW2 is?

Bad example.

I think most are pissed that they are having to pay for something the already paid for.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Thats how I feel.

The only thing that would make it better really would be for MS to make those map packs free on live. Then its not as bad as we know at some point they will be free maps. If the plan was to make them free when this comes out then its the same for everyone kinda.

But it's not just old maps. It's new maps, single player content, swag, etc. If you don't already have the old maps, it's like you're getting them for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back