GDB Studios, Hollywood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GDB's Godless Creations

IMG_6697_zpsa9eabea4.jpg

IMG_6693_zps5ab907cf.jpg

Re: GDB Studios, Hollywood -- Painted Sculpts

In Cyberspace, no one can hear you scream!

IMG_6703_zps595c1e34.jpg

Check out these updated pics of the Black Swan:

IMG_6682_zpsac811444.jpg

IMG_6670_zpsb8332a41.jpg

IMG_6660-001_zps6790b8d8.jpg

The owner of the head was kind enough to send me a pic of the finished figure and what a figure it is! Wish I had it on my shelf. I can't take any credit for anything other than the painting. Here she is in all her glory...

IMG_0001_zpsc8d55519.jpg

IMG_0001closeup_zps72448165.jpg

Thanks, vialli! It's up to the owner of the head to post complete pics, but I would love to see it on its body too.

Thanks, The Bat! That takes me back. I sold him awhile ago and I still miss him. :(

I've been busy with a bunch of different projects but I've finally sorted through some pics that haven't been posted. More on the other projects later!

IMG_6759_zps6b5fd40b.jpg

Not another John Locke! Yup, and this one comes with an accompanying video.

IMG_6766_zps92b2fcdd.jpg

IMG_6775_zpsd6fcf0d0.jpg

IMG_6773-001_zps2f974441.jpg

(For some reason his eyes photograph so much brighter and more colorful than they actually are.)

For more on this head check out this behind the scenes video I made of the painting process:

[ame]https://youtu.be/XJSO6NTOhL8[/ame]

Last edited:

Going through my camera memory card I found some better pics of Tallahassee.

IMG_6753_zpsa08d7489.jpg

IMG_6754-001_zps9ec7e698.jpg

Not another John Locke! Yup, and this one comes with an accompanying video.

IMG_6766_zps92b2fcdd.jpg

IMG_6775_zpsd6fcf0d0.jpg

IMG_6773-001_zps2f974441.jpg

(For some reason his eyes photograph so much brighter and more colorful than they actually are.)

For more on this head check out this behind the scenes video I made of the painting process:

https://youtu.be/XJSO6NTOhL8

LOVE the video man! I too have an John Locke sculpt I need to send to you. I know I know you are saying another John Locke...Hence the reason for the behind the scene footage lol. He is your gift and your curse. But you do know you paint the BEST Locke sculpt.:hi5:

Thanks man! :hi5: Yeah, that was the main reason why I chose a John Locke to use in the video. (Although if I wanted YouTube hits I probably should have gone with a Joker or something.) I've learned so many tricks since I started painting that painting this head this time around was actually one of the easier heads I've painted in awhile.

Last edited:

Thanks guys! I enjoy making them.

Do you use a more mix of blue in the normal skin for the stubble?

Do you use a more mix of blue in the normal skin for the stubble?
For this sculpt I paint the flesh under the stubble as normal, but use black for the stubble. For a five o'clock shadow I might do what you talked about but Andy B. was good enough to sculpt the stubble for us in this case.

Back