Gartogg Gammorean Guard and 12-Inch Figure and Jabba's Palace Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They added a fur loin cloth. He looks really nice.

:lecture:lecture:lecture and well articulated, to boot. :(
vintage_collection_gamorrean2.jpg

vintage_collection_gamorrean1.jpg

Those pictures look familiar... :lol

It's a kick-ass figure and the articulation is barely visible.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Borrowed them from the appreciation thread to prove a point. Wish the $100 figure looked as good and could pose as well. And yeah, the joints show that Sideshow completely fumbled on this guy where they could've shined. :(

I am in with the huge disappointment on the lack of articulation. I feel that if they can do it on Momaw Nadon, then they should have been able to do it the Gamorrean Guards as well.

I am in with the huge disappointment on the lack of articulation. I feel that if they can do it on Momaw Nadon, then they should have been able to do it the Gamorrean Guards as well.

Hell, if they cna give IG-88 umpteen joints, there's absolutely no reason why the Gammy can't have at least the same as the Pro.

Hell, if they cna give IG-88 umpteen joints, there's absolutely no reason why the Gammy can't have at least the same as the Pro.

Yep...and although I will still get the gamorreans guards, they will end up being relegated to being props like the throne or the archway. Just stautes decorating the display.

Edit - It would make for a nice Christmas for Sideshow to re-think the idea of the articulation and make it happen...

And no...I am not even wasting my time by praying for it.

There's more expression on the new portrait, which I like, the first looks very neautral but the new one looks pretty pissed off.

I've gotta say, I really don't understand what they're going for with this release. The head sculpt is ever-so-slightly different, but does that merit a whole new figure? Maybe there will be different accessories?

There's more expression on the new portrait, which I like, the first looks very neautral but the new one looks pretty pissed off.

Yeah but isn't it weird they announce this figure before we have the first gg in hand? It's like sitting in a restaurant and getting your meal and at the same time getting your dessert... You can't even taste what the thing you get first tastes because you get the last thing simultaneously...:dunno

I've gotta say, I really don't understand what they're going for with this release. The head sculpt is ever-so-slightly different, but does that merit a whole new figure? Maybe there will be different accessories?

At a guess? They're considering that some collectors will buy two Gammoreans, and that they would prefer it if each had a different expression. :hi5: Good call, at least for me.

Well, I suppose there's only so much variation that you can really do with a Gamorrean, but it just seems weird to have two figures that are almost identical like this, especially announced so far apart.

Well, I suppose there's only so much variation that you can really do with a Gamorrean, but it just seems weird to have two figures that are almost identical like this, especially announced so far apart.

I guess one can look at it similar to the Clones. They're pretty much the same minus paint colors. So while I like others find it odd so close together I just go well its like the Clone (which I love).

I think it's a matter of, if you're going to put out 2 Gammy figures, your best bet of selling both would be putting them out about the same time to entice pairing them up. If they came out with this next year, people will already have built groups from multiples of the first. I'm sure we're getting 2 to make up for development costs and the uniqueness of the body.

At a guess? They're considering that some collectors will buy two Gammoreans, and that they would prefer it if each had a different expression. :hi5: Good call, at least for me.

That is why it doesn't make any sense. I ordered 2 of the original Gammorean Guard so I would have two, but now I'm going to be canceling one of them and just having Gartogg as the second. Seems like they could have milked some of us for three if they had just waited until after the first ones shipped.

Back