Gandalf the white PF 360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some great pics of this in the 2nd day gallery. The more I see of it, the more I like it. I really think that the thickness of his beard is what is making his head look elongated.

It really does look great. I don't think people are gonna understand how great this piece really is until they get it.

It really does look great. I don't think people are gonna understand how great this piece really is until they get it.

I am now convinced I am getting this as the more photos I see of it the more it appeals to me and I agree 100% with Josh when we see this piece in person it will make all the difference! :D

I pre-ordered Gandalf on Preview Night, but I'm not sure I'm keeping him. The beard is really the only thing about this piece I'm not entirely happy with, but there is so much other stuff coming out that I want more that this piece is low on the priority list.

Between Sideshow and GG, 2008 is the year of Indy for me. :cool: Star Wars and LOTR will be taking a back seat.

Those shots do look a lot better than the 360... it would be a real bummer to have such a cool figure turn out badly.

If they could find a way of trimming the bottom of the beard so it doesn't look so full that would change a lot of opinions about this piece. As it is, it makes his head look quite long.

That's sort of a catch 22 though, isn't it? You say that people need to get it to know how great it is, but people are saying they won't order it until they know how great it is.

So far, it really hasn't grabbed me. Some aspects of the sculpt are OK, and the detail on the costume is certainly quite good, but the overall sculpt, and the really funky pose, just throw the whole thing too far out of kilter for me.

I understand but I think people will be missing out on a really good piece. Even the pose is much cooler in person and especially with Galamdring out. The likeness is there big time IMO. I was really excited by how it looked.

Even the pose is much cooler in person and especially with Glamdring out.

So, getting the exclusive is even more important than with other pieces?? Also suggests that the regular edition might not sell too well....

Besides the beard, I think the figure looks good. I really like the clothing on this one, especially the outer layers. Someone said the beard look like whipped cream which after thinking about it for a while, it really does.

I was just really impressed with the details around the eyes. That is what is drawing me to this piece, and I'm afraid much of that detailing will get lost in the final product.

I'm still leaning toward passing. I understand your points, Josh, but I still have to follow my instincts, and so far I am not wowed enough to order this one.

Maybe part of it is that I have always preferred the Grey over the White. If they came out with a Grey PF, I doubt that any living force could keep me from ordering it.

That's fine. I'm not trying to push anyone into buying it. I know 2-3 people that saw it at the show just didn't get wowed by it. I did and I'm quite pleased that I ordered it so I'm just more speaking at how nice it is.

That's fine. I'm not trying to push anyone into buying it. I know 2-3 people that saw it at the show just didn't get wowed by it. I did and I'm quite pleased that I ordered it so I'm just more speaking at how nice it is.

I think I might order it as my first of the LOTR PFs... I'll put it opposite this Gandalf the Grey (until SS release a PF of that version) and bookend my SS LOTR 12" collection (note-- the exc Faramir is on the way--- they're holding it to be sent with the Exc. Ventress)...

Can you share some pics of the PF Josh?

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... To be honest I'm not really knocked over by this one.
I'm going to have to think very carefully about ordering it.

But thanks for the pics Josh.

Back