Gandalf the white PF 360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was probably the biggest disappointment of the entire show. SS really kicked butts with their overall display but Gandalf needs some major reworking. The costume is fantastic but the strange stance and the large head will prevent me from ordering this. I hope we get a GTG in the future to make up for this disappointment.

Looks a little better. The pose is the oddest thing 4 me as I've said. Though, not as much when you have it displayed in the exclusive fashion. In the end after looking at it in person and looking over every pic I took of him that's the only thing. Everything else just looks so great! Maybe, I'm the only one but I really think this piece will end up being liked a lot more than it is now.

Maybe, I'm the only one but I really think this piece will end up being liked a lot more than it is now.

Nope Josh you won't be the only one at all, I can hear the raving start when people get this in hand, I do believe this piece will surprise many on its arrival as to just how good it is! :cool:

It's not perfect. But, I think it looks good enough to order when it comes out.

I think that the initial couple of negative responses to it snowballed into all the bashing it has received.

Going on the pictures, I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. Lurtz was a 9.5 and Frodo was a 6.5, maybe 7 for me.

Overall, it's a solid piece. No, not amazing. But, nowhere near as bad as people making it out to be.

That said, Gandalf on Shadowfax will remain my favorite GTW piece. That's a mainstay in my collection and always has been. That statue fits the bill of "amazing".

:clap

Nope Josh you won't be the only one at all, I can hear the raving start when people get this in hand, I do believe this piece will surprise many on its arrival as to just how good it is! :cool:

I hope so. :duff

Agent,

I don't know. I'd give this an 8-8.5 overall. I went in feeling skeptical overall about him then I saw it and for me that really changed how I felt about the piece.

Overall, it's a solid piece. No, not amazing. But, nowhere near as bad as people making it out to be.

I don't quite follow. Most people haven't been making it out to be horribly bad, just not impressive enough to be a compelling pre-order. At least, that's how I see it. It's OK, but not great enough to make me pull the trigger. For PF prices, I expect greatness every time.

I'll wait until they release a Grey PF (if ever). And if they don't, I'll just have to enjoy the Legendary Scale bust.

I'm still not sold on this one... I think I'd rather put money towards the Helm's Deep diorama than to this PF...

I dunno--I had told myself that if this figure was really good, I would make it my first PF. Unfortunately it just seems a little awkward to me. I think I'll hold off on the PF boat for now. :cool:

I can't wait to order this next week. Not even the crappy SS photographs (that we all know are coming and will start a whole new debate) will be able to dissuade me.

I'll order it.. save judgement for a bit later. I'm still on the fence about this one.

(It was suppose to be my first LOTR PF Too) :monkey2

The face needs some work. The beard itself is one big distraction. I expected Sideshow to nail it (or almost nail it) but as of now this doesn't look very good.

I dunno--I had told myself that if this figure was really good, I would make it my first PF. Unfortunately it just seems a little awkward to me. I think I'll hold off on the PF boat for now. :cool:

Honestly, I think that is a good decision. Wait for something that is a slam dunk for you.

That is definitely the right thing for you to do. We do need to give some weight to the opinions of our fellow collectors (after all, that is why we are here in the first place), but in th end, you are the one that the piece must satisfy. If you are that unsure, you will be setting yourself up for great disappointment. Not that the piece is any better or worse than others have said, but peoples' opinions vary widely. The things that impress other people about the statue may not be the same things that would be necessary to impress you.

Back