Gandalf 12" up for order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else listen about this awsome guy in the podcast? He really sounds great and I just want some more pictures from Sideshow to see the small little details.

All I know is that they'd better crack out some more figures like this! No other announcement has made me this happy since the Hobbits were announced (speaking of which, where are they?)!

Yeah, they really needed more Gandalf. I guess it makes sense to do more with the bike as it's actually shipping now, but I'm really hoping for more LOTR 1:6 news now. For example, packaging for the hobbits? Shipping estimation for Frodo? More details on Gandalf? There are so many questions--questions that need answering!

031808-Gandalf-Pattern-Pieces.jpg

031808-Full-Mockup.jpg

031808-Full-Mockup-Back.jpg

New in the production Blog!

Awesome to see the culotte detail. The outfit looks complex, lots of detail hidden under that beard. :gandalf

why is he holding a wooden stick?:dunno give him his staff for heaven's sake.

Sorry...these pictures were taken months before anything had been sculpted. These are WIP progress pictures, and I was trying to see what he might look like with a staff. :eek:

Sorry...these pictures were taken months before anything had been sculpted. These are WIP progress pictures, and I was trying to see what he might look like with a staff. :eek:
the outfit looks great man!! ive been waiting forever for this guy and now he is so close and everthing just looks perfect.

This is a great addition to the blog - it shows how far away from being just "an old guy in a bathrobe" Gandalf is. When there are so many layers and details, it's impossible for the regular proto pics to convey the complexity.

See, that's what I don't like and it's a good thing they show it in the production blog. So much you don't see till you get it in your hands. Now that's not really a bad thing, but it is when people think the figure costs a lot and it just looks like some old man in a bath robe.

i hear ya Sachiel. i just dont get why anyone would expect an "old man in a bathrobe". SS's outfits have always been outstanding IMO. especially the LOTR line.

Well anyone who noticed just how much Gandy was compared to the other LOTR offerings would assume that he'd have to be extremely complex in detail. I'm glad the production blog shows it off even more.

It's a tough thing though. You can assume the level of work behind Gandalf at his price, but at the same time, in a shaky economy, many buyers are going to feel uncomfortable spending certain ammounts on products based on how they're able to judge their worth. Withouth seeing all the detail on Gandalf, I'm sure many find it hard to place an order on assumption. I'm comfortable with SSC's policies so even if I were concerned I know I could cancel later. More we see with this one, the happier I'm getting.

Back