Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gammy looks awesome, the paint isn't bad at all, lets wait until we see more pics.

I've already cleared a space for mine, Sideshow always nails the non human characters and this will be no different.

By the time its actually shipped it will be the ROTJ anniversary. I am not sure why they didnt hold off on Lando until now for the ESB anniversary.

You'd think they painted him purple with the way you're talking. :lol

Well, I might have gone a little overboard, just because this is promises to be an amazing figure, and I'd like it to be as close to perfect as possible. Once you've got such a great sculpt and outfit, choosing the right shade of paint seems like such an easy thing to get right. I'm definitely looking forward to getting one though, even with the darker green skin tone.

I guess this is the first figure that Sideshow has done of a generic alien, isn't it? By that I mean one that isn't supposed to represent a particular character, like Greedo.

Well, I might have gone a little overboard, just because this is promises to be an amazing figure, and I'd like it to be as close to perfect as possible. Once you've got such a great sculpt and outfit, choosing the right shade of paint seems like such an easy thing to get right. I'm definitely looking forward to getting one though, even with the darker green skin tone.

I guess this is the first figure that Sideshow has done of a generic alien, isn't it? By that I mean one that isn't supposed to represent a particular character, like Greedo.

It'll all depend on which is ready first. We've already seen Hammerhead in the sneak peak and with the sculpts completed, the rest isn't too complex.

This'll be awesome, and with the above mentioned Greedo and Hammerhead it'll make some cool additions to the line up.

Looking forward to new pics, the material looks really well done too.:clap

Once you've got such a great sculpt and outfit, choosing the right shade of paint seems like such an easy thing to get right.

While I do agree with you this is SS were talking about and I never expect their paint jobs to be spot on.

If what they were showing now was perfect, people would probably be more upset when its released and the production version is not even close to it.

So happy to see the Jabba setup expanding.:clap

On the way are Ree Yees, Tessek, Yak Face and the Max Rebo band.:yess:

Lets take a look at a comparison of the Gam Guard LSB by SSC and the upcoming Gam Guard 12 Inch figure, paint, sculpts, etc...thoughts?

GamorreanGuard12inchfigure.jpg

GamorreanGuardLSBSSC.jpg

I think the sculpt and costuming on the figure are fantastic, I've felt they really captured it well with the sculpt since the shots last SDCC.

Paint, while darker looking than might be preferred, at least looks well applied, nice soft blends, varied shades around the snout and mouth, weathering on the horns. The color may not be perfect but the execution of application looks very nice.

Lets take a look at a comparison of the Gam Guard LSB by SSC and the upcoming Gam Guard 12 Inch figure, paint, sculpts, etc...thoughts?

GamorreanGuard12inchfigure.jpg

GamorreanGuardLSBSSC.jpg

I think the sculpt and costuming on the figure are fantastic, I've felt they really captured it well with the sculpt since the shots last SDCC.

Paint, while darker looking than might be preferred, at least looks well applied, nice soft blends, varied shades around the snout and mouth, weathering on the horns. The color may not be perfect but the execution of application looks very nice.

My only nit is that the lips should blend better with the reddish nose. But that might be the preview pic and saturation. I'll wait to see pics next Weds before I gripe.

So far, this looks excellent.

^^ Agreed. There isn't any blending from snout to pout. Definitely too deep a green too. All in all though, these are minor nits. This'll be an awesome addition to my Jabba set up. Funnily enough, the green matches my Hasbro re paint i did a while back. Its all win for me:yess:

Glad they are making this fig but why do they like to make us all complain about this guy not being from ESB. I don't get it. This year we haven't seen one fig from ESB yet.

Glad they are making this fig but why do they like to make us all complain about this guy not being from ESB. I don't get it. This year we haven't seen one fig from ESB yet.

You will get some..I am pretty sure you can bank on the Snowtrooper, ESB Yoda in 12" coming soon...at least pre ordered this year. I still think they should have held off on Lando until now to help ease the ESB pain.

The gammy looks pretty great, despite the darker green color. But the details in the armor and leather look top notch.

There is something interesting in his jowls. It seem like his whole chin is a separate piece. I wonder if that might mean that his mouth can open? Hmmm. Maybe not--the middle of his lips seem like they might be sculpted together.

The gammy looks pretty great, despite the darker green color. But the details in the armor and leather look top notch.

There is something interesting in his jowls. It seem like his whole chin is a separate piece. I wonder if that might mean that his mouth can open? Hmmm. Maybe not--the middle of his lips seem like they might be sculpted together.

Im going to go ahead and say it will not open. There is no room for his mouth to open with that no neck and busty chest line.. lol

Maybe it doesn't have to open, but maybe it could be swapped out. If it is a seperate piece, that would be a great location to add an extra "drooly" lower chin, as an Ex.

A really cool exclusive would be the weapon wielded by the Gamorrean Guard who fought Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars episode where she was introduced.

Back