Gaming Heads 1/4 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I just re-read your post and cannot believe how I completely missed what you were saying :)

But good luck now haha, there's not a single gap between the arm and the chest, so you'll definitely need to get creative :D Maybe use a thin, but stiff wire as rope, then you can have it split in the middle with a gap almost the width of her arm, it'll just "snap" on and give the illusion that the rope is going under the arm.

Haha I just re-read your post and cannot believe how I completely missed what you were saying :)

But good luck now haha, there's not a single gap between the arm and the chest, so you'll definitely need to get creative :D Maybe use a thin, but stiff wire as rope, then you can have it split in the middle with a gap almost the width of her arm, it'll just "snap" on and give the illusion that the rope is going under the arm.

lol, no worries- life is full of happy mistakes :lol

yeah I was thinking the same thing, maybe bowstring made out of wire in two peices over her arm. May have to visit hobby lobby and see if they have some kind of rope/vine/cloth covered wire that will work... I'll have to wait till I see her bow in hand

Yeah, replicating it exactly won't be easy, it's got tons of detail:

dsc01346.jpg

hmm... could make some kinda mold of it, could just make it plain... or maybe take the easy way out with bow #1-

starterbow.jpg

choices... choices :thud:

Bow 1 is where its at it. That was like your first legit weapon and I used it for life half the game

Bow 1 is where its at it. That was like your first legit weapon and I used it for life half the game

right on... yeah its looking better and better- could easily make the bow out of strands of vine covered wire then just wrap it in 3 places with some kind of cloth or string wire... would be super light and should have no trouble staying in place

Just got the payment notification. I was not sure if I shouldn't cancel my order. Now I think it would have been better. Damn.

right on... yeah its looking better and better- could easily make the bow out of strands of vine covered wire then just wrap it in 3 places with some kind of cloth or string wire... would be super light and should have no trouble staying in place

Hearing it sounds really cool and low cost too. Wont know till you try it though. If it looks awesome post a pic. I'm thinking it could really bring her to life.

I got charged but I have not received a notification for shipping. Anyone else get charged and no notification as well?

I actually just got this in half an hour ago, for some reason in person those details look much better, so I don't think I'll mess with it at all.

Here are some pics (I have a really old camera, so hopefully these aren't too bad). Please note that this is directly out of the box, so there's still a lot of dust on it and some styrofoam particles, as I haven't cleaned it yet, at all.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here are the only two gripes I have with this piece:

Spoiler Spoiler:

From what I can tell from the pics, the paint job is unacceptable. It looks like a 7" Neca figure. Painting figures is scientifically easier in larger scale, and this is a 1/4 scale statue, is it not?

I got charged but I have not received a notification for shipping. Anyone else get charged and no notification as well?

I was charged on Tuesday but no shipping notification yet.

From what I can tell from the pics, the paint job is unacceptable. It looks like a 7" Neca figure. Painting figures is scientifically easier in larger scale, and this is a 1/4 scale statue, is it not?

Most people who have this in hand (including myself - regular version) don't have a problem with the paint job.

I just got my cancelation confirmation. I'm happy now that I made the decision. There are too many reasons arguing against a purchase in my case. Maybe I am getting the regular version some day.

image.jpg
image.jpg

?!

So much drama over this statue, I think a lot of people judging it for what it isn't rather than what it is.

Yeah, it's not the proto :horse

Tell u what tho she's closer to the proto than Red Sonja and that is a wicked awesome statue that I'm soooo glad I didn't miss. This is nowhere near as bad as some of you are making it out to be. (And that's not implying that it's bad, it's implying that it's not as good as the proto) I'll let the owners have the final word.

I wanted to take comparison pics of those two, but we didn't get a single ray of sunshine in the past three days... :mad: (and taking a picture inside under a light with my camera would be pretty much useless)

But yeah, that statement is so exaggerated. Of course it's not perfect, and had I paid $500 for it, I'd fell at least a bit ripped of, but for what it cost me I'm absolutely thrilled. Take what I say with a grain of salt though, it's only my second 1/4 scale statue, and both are from gaming heads. While I can confidently say that I feel my money was well spent for this, I obviously cannot comment on whether or not there are statues out thee of higher overall quality at the same price point (250 eur shipped).

Back