Gaming Heads 1/4 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a closeup of mine...

Attachments

• DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    538.2 KB · Views: 971
The face....:slap

The sculpt of the face looks just like the prototype IMO, it's just the paint application is not quite as detailed with regards to the dirt and blood, but other then that I think it came out better then I initially thought.

Hmm, so I take it there's no love for the Legend PF? That's my personal favorite.

View attachment 133476

That is a cool statue, more of a sexier version of Lara, where Gaming Heads is more of a realistic take on her.... I would of kept my pre-order of GH Lara but once I saw that GH was doing a Mass Effect line it was a no brainer for me to move the money over to those statues instead...

Congrats to those who got her....

I have been close to cancelling this a bunch of times. Not just the weak paint, but the weak paint with the pose makes her look like abused Laura. Think I'm going to save my money on this one.

It will be interested to hear more opinions when this starts showing up in more peoples hands because I don't recall anyone who's received it not liking it.

With a new paint job this statue willbe awesome I'm going to see if I can get one cheap.

I have been close to cancelling this a bunch of times. Not just the weak paint, but the weak paint with the pose makes her look like abused Laura. Think I'm going to save my money on this one.

Um... I dont know what game you were playing? But I do recall throughout the entire game she was pretty much physically and mentally beaten up and abused.

Um... I dont know what game you were playing? But I do recall throughout the entire game she was pretty much physically and mentally beaten up and abused.

Agreed, I like to look at it as tough, resilient, bad ass Lara.

I've had mine on order since December and am waiting anxiously...

One thing that crossed my mind....has anyone considered the possibility of doing their own paint job (if they aren't satisfied with the production piece)? I mean, the people painting these I'm sure are careful enough but they can still only devote a very finite amount of time per statue, but say if a talented fan wanted to give it a go, they could spend as much time & energy as they wanted on it...

Hmmm :idea

I've had mine on order since December and am waiting anxiously...

One thing that crossed my mind....has anyone considered the possibility of doing their own paint job (if they aren't satisfied with the production piece)? I mean, the people painting these I'm sure are careful enough but they can still only devote a very finite amount of time per statue, but say if a talented fan wanted to give it a go, they could spend as much time & energy as they wanted on it...

Hmmm :idea

I might give it a go for fun but I'd probably end up with "Happy Clown Face Lara" lol. There's peeps on these boards that could probably turn her into a masterpiece tho.

Welcome to the freakshow btw

Yep, time is not enough... must have some pretty good skills to do a dirty look without messing it up completely.

What I ordered (to me) looked like a battered warrior. How she came out (to me) looks like an abused woman. One of those I dont have a problem with, the other I do.

Just sent the rest of the payment as the place I ordered it from just got them in stock, though from the pics it definitely looks like I'll have to fix some details, to me it's still the best looking Lara statue out there.

Just sent the rest of the payment as the place I ordered it from just got them in stock, though from the pics it definitely looks like I'll have to fix some details, to me it's still the best looking Lara statue out there.

Are you going to touch up the paint?

Are you going to touch up the paint?

I was thinking about it, yeah. I've never done it before so of course I'd have to test it a bit first on some similar material, but some of the blood/dirt details here are pretty lazy and need to be fixed.

Back