Gaming Heads 1/4 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys I'm sorry but the proto looked awful..i sent the pics of the proto over to my pro painter and he concurred. Most people who are not going to own this piece (read: subjective) will be honest and tell you it looks bad..again referring to the proto..i get it, you guys have the piece and you don't want to hear theres not much wrong w it, etc (and I'm sorry if this sounds like an attack, i assure you it isn't!).. but damn man cmon the proto and production piece are far off, and the proto sucked…I ail be getting it repainted and hopefully mine will turn up better…i feel like all of what i just wrote reads like crap and if it does i apologize…my main point is the paint app sucked to begin with..ty...

I'm sorry, were you expecting her to have golden ****?

Thanks for pointing out that people who own the statue can't be honest with themselves and feel the deep inner need to rationalize their poor purchase decision with feeble attempts at defending an obviously crappy statue. -What it really boils down to is certain people not able to respect the opinions of others and who won't feel satisfied until everyone shares their own.

This is not very far off from the prototype. Visit the Red Sonja topic for a better example. And there are members here who will kick u in the nuts if u talk bad about her... lol just saying

The proto looked awful but you still bought it anyways? :cuckoo:

:cuckoo: As I've stated many many times before, i love the character, the sculpt is fantastic..im buying it and getting it repainted since for the price I couldn't buy a better lara sculpt anywhere else.. and again I didn't mean to offend anyone or invalidate anyones opinion with my diatribe from before…I just wish the paint matched the great sculpt…its frustrating when you get a character that you love and anticipate that probably won't be done again anytime soon and it just doesn't deliver up to snuff…same thing sorta happened with my commander shepard pf from SS...

:cuckoo: As I've stated many many times before, i love the character, the sculpt is fantastic..im buying it and getting it repainted since for the price I couldn't buy a better lara sculpt anywhere else.. and again I didn't mean to offend anyone or invalidate anyones opinion with my diatribe from before…I just wish the paint matched the great sculpt…its frustrating when you get a character that you love and anticipate that probably won't be done again anytime soon and it just doesn't deliver up to snuff…same thing sorta happened with my commander shepard pf from SS...

Sideshow has disappointed me twice already with two of the most anticipated female statues Ive ordered from them, which was Poison Ivy and Red Sonja. Compared to that debaucle and from what Ive seen of production pieces of Lara, this isnt that bad. Ive seen a heck of a lot worse. And that Sheperd pf is way worse than Lara. It had a completely different portrait from the prototype. :lol

Wtf, ss has always disappointed me, specially for the newer statues

Not sure why there's so much negativity about this piece. The only thing that looks jarring to me is the scarring on her nose and some of the dirt on her chin. It doesn't look natural. Is that the biggest complaint? I'm about this close to pulling the trigger on the EX's of the Mass Effect statues. They look awesome and apart from the blood/dirt, I don't see the problem with this statue. And since Garrus and Liara don't have any blood/dirt, I wouldn't be concerned for those particular statues.

Sideshow has disappointed me twice already with two of the most anticipated female statues Ive ordered from them, which was Poison Ivy and Red Sonja. Compared to that debaucle and from what Ive seen of production pieces of Lara, this isnt that bad. Ive seen a heck of a lot worse. And that Sheperd pf is way worse than Lara. It had a completely different portrait from the prototype. :lol

Its not a comparison between gaming heads and SS..just because SS sucks doesn't mean gaming heads sucks or doesn't suck…theres no causality between the two...

vertical_32.jpg
vs
TombRaider_012414_1280.jpg

Her skin tone is very off, she looks yellowish, way too much "makeup" around the eyes, why are her eyes bloodshot?, the bruising and dirt could be done a lot better..honestly theres a lot wrong with it..I dont wanna beat a dead horse but since some asked, i wanted to give my side of the story is all/

You will unfortunately never have a commercial statue having as many details as your comparison image. I would love to have one like this, but it would cost a lot, or you need serious painting skill.

For the skin tone, hard to tell, as the lighting/camera/etc. can change it compared to what you will really see.

But for sure, with some skills, I have no doubt people will be able to improve the paint job a lot.

You will unfortunately never have a commercial statue having as many details as your comparison image. I would love to have one like this, but it would cost a lot, or you need serious painting skill.

For the skin tone, hard to tell, as the lighting/camera/etc. can change it compared to what you will really see.

But for sure, with some skills, I have no doubt people will be able to improve the paint job a lot.

The skin tone shouldn't change, that was the proto and the company is/sure should be taking the pics in optimal conditions…mind you this is the PROTO…the production pieces came out worse than this so imagine what you'll actually be getting.

vertical_32.jpg

Her skin tone is very off, she looks yellowish, way too much "makeup" around the eyes, why are her eyes bloodshot?, the bruising and dirt could be done a lot better..honestly theres a lot wrong with it..I dont wanna beat a dead horse but since some asked, i wanted to give my side of the story is all/

lol, I just realized now why everybody was saying she looked Asian when the proto first came out, you racist bastages :lol j/k

The skin tone shouldn't change, that was the proto and the company is/sure should be taking the pics in optimal conditions…mind you this is the PROTO…the production pieces came out worse than this so imagine what you'll actually be getting.

Don't have to imagine what we're getting, its already out and nobody's complained of yellow skin color and the pics so far haven't shown it. I think on the proto its a lighting issue (notice her hair also looks purple)- yes the company wants their pics to be optimal, but remember they've already seen the proto in ALL lighting conditions (they already know she looks great) and wouldn't be as nit picky as all of us left wondering what color she'll end up. It probably happens...

If the production piece is not yellow, you should be saying that it came out better than the proto, not worse. Personally, from what I could tell of the pics, I think the eyes came out better on the production- she looks more determined, in the proto her eyes make her seem kind of tired or beaten. Her eyes are bloodshot cuz she's got ocean saltwater in them, and probably tears also from getting so roughed up at the beginning of the game- some pics look bad, others look ok enough- hard to tell the level of bloodshottyness till I see her up close.

Eh, looks fine to me. I am gonna preorder those Mass Effect statues as I don't think an alien's paint job will cause as much controversy. Hopefully they take any feedback from this attempt into consideration before creating a Shepard.

How much do these things weigh? I have no clue where or how to display them....

No shipping notice here, but fully paid through PayPal one week ago... *bored*

Back