Gambit officially happening!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea not sure I would spend any money or time watching a guy throw cards and speak in a fake Cajun accent.

It will be interesting to see if this movie ends up being a hit or a miss. The only folks lobbying for it have been Gayle Anne Hurd and Channing Tatum. But Gambit isn't exactly Wolverine. The character isn't well known, his powers aren't particularly that great and it's not like Tatum is a consistent box office draw. So either they have a kickass script or they might be trying to make it an X-Men light and feature other characters and cameos from the X-Men movie (i.e. following the Marvel formula), which will be the smart way to go as long as that movie is a hit. That said, I could see Marvel either disappearing or killing off the character in the books for a while unless Fox and Disney/Marvel work out a deal (possibly reverting back the FF in exchange for Marvel supporting the X-Men franchise and allowing Fox to have merchandising rights at with some kind of a percentage share and TV rights). However if Fox continues to be asinine, Marvel will just continue stepping on the air hose at every turn.

Mr Sinister would be a great way to tie Gambit into the X-Men universe.

She was the best choice for Bella Donna so I'm happy she got the role. I absolutely loved her in MI and can't wait for her in Bond!

I think Mr. Sinister should be the bad guy.

Have they confirmed if Gambit would be in same universe as the Deadpool movie? and not the Singerverse?

It would make most sense so they could appear in films together in the future.

She was the best choice for Bella Donna so I'm happy she got the role. I absolutely loved her in MI and can't wait for her in Bond!

I think Mr. Sinister should be the bad guy.

Have they confirmed if Gambit would be in same universe as the Deadpool movie? and not the Singerverse?

It would make most sense so they could appear in films together in the future.

Yea they exist in the same universe, the plan is to throw Gambit in the X-Men movies after his first solo.

so Gambit will take place during Apocalypse timeline? Not the present like Deadpool? :dunno

I wouldn't mind that. Men's fashion in the 80's and early 90's was colorful thanks to Miami Vice.

Gambit wearing pink is very Miami Vice :yess:

IGi28Uc.jpg

I really hope this movie takes place in the current timeline with Deadpool, etc.

If not, I feel like it would be wasted. He should be in an X Force type of movie with Deadpool and Cable.

So the director dropped out due to scheduling conflicts.

I can't help but think this movie is cursed :lol

I say, scrap it for now, focus on an X-Force or Deadpool 2 to introduce Gambit and go on to his solo film if fans like him. :dunno

Back