GalactiCustoms! ☢ Commissions Closed !!!☢ Will Resume later in the Fall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ John Wick ☢ Superman ☢ Road Block ☢ Batman ☢ Mythos Kenobi

That looks ****ing gorgeous, Dr Odd!

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ John Wick ☢ Superman ☢ Road Block ☢ Batman ☢ Mythos Kenobi

Looking forward to seeing you finish those Obi-wan sculpts, i esp like the Alec Guinness one.
What scale are they Btw?

Sweet job on that Vader!

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ John Wick ☢ Superman ☢ Kenobi ☢ Road Block ☢ Batman

T-1000 Boots, repainted for The Rocketeer
6e9b6c1c-70da-4159-a9e7-fc68156d1ba8_zps7c0ouaye.jpg
[/B]
[/CENTER]

I am loving these boots! Thanks so much

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ John Wick ☢ Superman ☢ Kenobi ☢ Road Block ☢ Batman

Wow, that Vader is badass! I need to get one of these kits for myself :rock

Looking forward to seeing you finish those Obi-wan sculpts, i esp like the Alec Guinness one.
What scale are they Btw?

Thanks Pete, the sculpts are 1/5 scale. And you'd think that wouldn't be a huge difference, but they dwarf the 1/6 heads I'm used to painting :lol

I am loving these boots! Thanks so much

Glad you like them, post up a picture of the completed Rocketeer when you get a chance :duff

So what's the deal with that vader ?

While I don't know the full break down, it's a Vader using parts of the Kaiyodo/Screamin model kit and Sideshow 1/6 figure. I painted the face mask portion and shoulder armor. The rest of the work was done expertly by Dr. Odd.

Elvis1976 also completed a Vader using similar parts. It seems like this kit offers some of the best scaled and most accurate parts out there for a 1/6 Vader.

It's a mix of both sideshow Vader bodies and gear, with the mask, chest armor, and boots from the Kaiyado Kit. It all comes together thanks to Galactiboy's paint though. I tried doing it myself and it looked terrible.

There's lots of tips and info on this vader recipe here:
https://https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/star-wars-action-figures/139299-1-6-ssc-esb-rotj-darth-vader-modification-thread-163.html

And Matrix69 helped with the recipe too, so if you have any questions
you can ask me or him via PM

Thanks Dr. Odd... I need to copy this. I recently bought a 2nd ANH Vader with the hopes of cobbling together a better version; but I think these parts are 100% necessary to make that happen.

Link is bad :(

Is the set still available?
Pricey I bet !

I want to say the kits are around $80 or $90. And then you'd need to paint them as well... so the cost can definitely get up there. But I think you could still reasonably make one for less or about what the HT figure costs.

Sorry, the link is just to the ESB vader custom thread in the Star Wars section.
I'll try and fix it later. You can get the kits cheaper if you have the patience on ebay. I've been able to score 2 for under $50 shipped

Nice, thanks for the tip :duff

Nearing the finish line on the two Mythos Kenobi heads... still a bit of work to do, but they're about 90% there. Final steps will be to do some touch-ups, gloss the eyes and lips and then add a bit of weathering. Looking good so far, but the next few steps should add a lot of polish to them.

7fabd9af-2382-4f83-a4a8-66a0ed4e066e_zpsw9wd19cq.jpg

Nice work GB, really like the young Guinness!

Thanks Odd and ebor :rock :rock

Back