Galactiboy's Office of Terror!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sladesuperagent said:
...I'm goin' back to my roots, dammit! I need to finish one of the greatest lines of the 1980's: THUNDERCATS!!
I've been eyeballing an old Lion-O figure for a long time, I need some 'Cats for when I eventually do my '80's Cartoon Shelf'. On it I will have Transformers, Voltron, Thundercats, Robotech, He-Man, G.I. Joe, G-Force and the Ninja Turtles.

I want to try to re-create this...

1980s.jpg

I LOVE 80's cartoons...:rock

The ill Jedi said:
I've been eyeballing an old Lion-O figure for a long time, I need some 'Cats for when I eventually do my '80's Cartoon Shelf'. On it I will have Transformers, Voltron, Thundercats, Robotech, He-Man, G.I. Joe, G-Force and the Ninja Turtles.

1980s.jpg

Shameless plug! I happen to be unloading my entire Thundercats collection.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=270116284616&rd=1&rd=1

Kongrats J. I love your M.U.S.C.L.E kollektion. I need to start on mine already.

And thats an awesome pic Ill.

pixletwin said:
Technically, G-Force (aka Battle of the Planets, as I knew it) was a 70's cartoon.
Who cares, all I know is I woke up at like 6am every weekend to watch it. That was my favorite cartoon of my childhood.

The ill Jedi said:

1980s.jpg

And I'd technically consider TMNT a 90's property in the figure world. I know the comic hit stands in 1984, but is they weren't really popular until the early 90's.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I had Turtles figures when I was still in Grade school and that was before the 90's?

galactiboy said:
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I had Turtles figures when I was still in Grade school and that was before the 90's?
Yeah, I thought they hit the shelves in between '87 and '89. Probably more towards '89 but for sure in the '80's. Right?

For some reason I always considered them an early 90's property--I guess b/c that's when the real ferver began, so I stand corrected. I was never really into them either--they always seemed too kiddie for me, so maybe that's it.

They still wouldn't be allowed on MY 80's shelf. And neither would Star Wars--I consider them a 70's toy. :D

I think when I bought my first one (Michelangelo) I had no idea what the series was even about. I just thought they looked cool. I think that was a bit before the fever really hit... but still late 80's.

My first Turle was Leonardo got him Lionel Toys (anyone remember them?) my brother got Raph. They were pretty rad! :rotfl Found some while cleaning a while ago, never realized how small they were!

Anyway, hey, Galactiboy do you have any others pics of the Monkey King in your avatar??? I saw him a little bit on the first page.

Sure, here's a link to a review I did of mine over on MWCToys: Monkey King

The pictures were with my old camera and don't really do him justice, but if you need anything specific let me know. Truly one of my favorite pieces... but the Invincible Bull figure (same series) was a major let down :monkey2

You know Nate? Cool... actually I've got complete sets of the US figures, and I'm now just 8 figures away from completing the Japanese set :rock

Man, just looked at the Kinkeshi collection again. Very nice. Another collection of yours I'm jealous of--and the vinatage SW stuff looks great too. That has to be annoying keeping everyone from falling over on that bottom shelf--my JLU shelf is the same way.

I finally picked up a WoS Comic Book Shop MIB for $21 shipped. Not bad, that's what they sold for at retail. A girl I'm seeing brought the movie over and I got inspired to hunt one down. Now I just need a Manjula and the kids and a Brandine from the last series.

Alright, its been a long time since I updated this thread. But not to worry, I've been buying stuff, just things have been to disorganized to take photos :monkey3

For perspective, my right corner shelves:
t-1.jpg

And closer up, here are my zombies, and their newest member Patient Zero (no knock-off here)
q-1.jpg

v-1.jpg

f-1.jpg

Hellboy 666 and Nazi Kroenen
e-1.jpg

The Detolfs:
r-1.jpg

A few Star Wars Changes
i-1.jpg

k-1.jpg

u-1.jpg

Onto the next page...