G.I.JOE: Crimson Guard 1/6th Cloth UNIFORM petition/plea...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deak Starkiller

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello SSC crew, this thread is to ask (beg) you to reconsider using a cloth uniform on the upcoming Crimson Guard 1/6th figure instead of the pleather type material as seen in the Newsletter preview pic. In the past you guys/gals have been awesome about switching things up in production to appease your loyal fans (crybabies) :wink1:. So I ask you, my fellow JOE dorks if you feel the same way…rise up and let your voice be heard (in a respectful manner & no douchebagery HT thread shenanigans please)! Thanks! :wave

I'll wait to see full reveal pics before deciding. But if it doesn't look any better than the preview you can rest assured that I'll be here signing my name. :D

LOL at the tags.

SSC, I'm "ok" with the leather look, but its one of those things that you had better nail it or else it will look tacky! If you have the slightest doubt of being able to do it right, take the easier cloth route.

Yeah, the pleather... just doesn't work for them. it's a neet idea, but, ultimately, i feel it's the wrong one for the CeeGee's.

as a side note, the gloves don't really match them either. The REd uniform of the CeeGee is intended to be the "dress" uniform ( which might be why you went with shiny red pleather) but those gloves most definitely are not. Simple, black gloves, like what came with the Cobra troopers, and Cobra Commander seem to make more sense to me. Something akin to the white gloves worn by American marines in Dress Blues.

In summary. the uniform looks amazing. Just, use a cloth material instead. please?

I like the gloves. I have enough black gloves from all the extras they gave us with the previous figures if I need to swap. I am glad they are giving us something uniquely painted.

Oddly enough the gloves aren't a big deal to me, not what I would have preferred. To me the tactical gloves would work better on the Cobra Trooper and the leather looking Trooper gloves would look more regal on the CGs. I can give a pass to the helmet and gloves but the faux leather jacket has got to go.

I like that Sideshow was being creative, but the look just isn't right with shiny red leather.

Please change the material to red cloth.

Thanks!!!

SSC, I'm "ok" with the leather look, but its one of those things that you had better nail it or else it will look tacky! If you have the slightest doubt of being able to do it right, take the easier cloth route.

I'm in agreement with this. If it can be pulled off and look cool then do it but if its coming out 50/50 just go with the cloth look.

Yeah, I'm not digging the pleather either. I never thought their uniform was supposed to be leather, anyway. I always thought it was a fine wool, doeskin or something like that.

Lose the gloves, too. Way too tactical for a ceremonial uniform - they look absolutely terrible.

I won't have an opinion on this until I see the whole figure. I'm more annoyed by the contrast between the matte finish on the helmet and the gloss on the pleather, but I'm willing to wait and see what the whole piece looks like. I don't have anything inherently against a leather uniform, unless it will degrade. That would be a dealbreaker.

I like the helmet though. A lot.

I won't have an opinion on this until I see the whole figure. I'm more annoyed by the contrast between the matte finish on the helmet and the gloss on the pleather, but I'm willing to wait and see what the whole piece looks like. I don't have anything inherently against a leather uniform, unless it will degrade. That would be a dealbreaker.

I like the helmet though. A lot.

Right there with ya :duff

Back