Funko producing Blade Runner (1982) Pop figures - has licensing been sorted out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the only thing that could atop it is likeness rights. Even though they're Funkos, it's huge that they're being made.

I sent this tweet anyway.

Apparently there are now Funko Pops coming from the original Blade Runner movie. Just wondering does that signify a new development on the licensing front? Can't recall if there was a barrier to the movie license itself or just actor likeness rights. Thanks

I sent a tweet a couple days ago too but got no response. Maybe I sent it at a bad time since he hadn’t replied for to anything for a day or two.

Randy from Neca seemed to be a big fan of Fury Road and has stated multiple times that they would like to do Fury Road but can't because of George Miller. There was also Chronicle Collectibles who said they wanted to do it too but there was the George Miller vs Warner Bros Lawsuit going on for a long time.

Randy was asked about how was Funko able to make Pops of it and he answered that they didn't have to acquire likeness rights.

I think the main reason we didn't get any official 1/6 figures is because of the lawsuit.

Interesting, thanks for the background!

Back