• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: MAN WHO LAUGHS (1928) Artomic GWYNPLAINE Thomas Kuntz MODEL KIT Rare PRO BUILT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbss21

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have up for sale one of the most brilliantly detailed garage kits ever created in the form of Conrad Veidt as the tortured GWYNPLAINE from Director Paul Leni's 1928 silent masterpiece "THE MAN WHO LAUGHS."

This extraordinary figure was manufactured by veteran sculptor Thomas Kuntz for his own Artomic Creations back in the mid-1990s and measures 13" in height with a detailed 9" circular base. This kit is long sold out and incredibly rare, and the custom built and paint job alone makes it very valuable.

Cast in solid resin, this rare figure comes fully assembled and meticulously hand-painted by Tom Gilliland, renowned kitbuilder and multiple S.C.H.A.A.M.S. gold medal winner.

Condition is MINT, and is guaranteed to be an original casting, NOT a recast.

If interested, drop me a PM! I'm open to all offers. For any of you Batman buffs out there, you'll likely know that Conrad Veidt's rendition of Gwynplaine from "The Man Who Laughs" was the original inspiration for the Joker, as clearly seen by the pictures. PM me if you're interested!

$T2eC16hHJGQE9noMcS)1BP+08VG)Ow--60_57.JPG

$T2eC16VHJF8E9nnC7NzMBP+073wR0w--60_57.JPG

$T2eC16RHJGYE9nooh8!TBP+0773oww--60_57.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJHgE9n0yG+pDBP+08M,jUg--60_57.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJIYE9qUcOtyfBP+08HvQow--60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJFEE+VnBlYmhBP+08Q)oKQ--60_57.JPG

Last edited:
I can't find a signature on it, and it didn't come with a COA. But I got this off of a very reliable seller, and I know it's the real deal. If you saw it in person, you'd know it too. Pictures really don't do it justice. You can see it signed by Thomas Kuntz on the back of the base if you look at the pictures above.

Last edited:
Here's some new pictures of this statue. I'm asking $400.00 shipped for him. He's worth $1,200.00, but I'm desperate for cash.

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

Back