The Man Who Laughs (1928) Artomic GWYNPLAINE Thomas Kuntz MODEL KIT Rare PRO BUILT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbss21

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thought I'd share this, and also let you know I'm currently selling it in the sales section of this forum.

One of the rarer garage kits ever created in the form of Conrad Veidt as the tortured GWYNPLAINE from Director Paul Leni's 1928 silent masterpiece "THE MAN WHO LAUGHS."

This extraordinary figure was manufactured by veteran sculptor Thomas Kuntz for his own Artomic Creations back in the mid-1990s and measures 13" in height with a detailed 9" circular base.

Cast in solid resin, this rare figure comes fully assembled and meticulously hand-painted by Tom Gilliland, renowned kitbuilder and multiple S.C.H.A.A.M.S. gold medal winner.

Condition is MINT, and is guaranteed to be an original casting, NOT a recast.

$T2eC16hHJGQE9noMcS)1BP+08VG)Ow--60_57.JPG

$T2eC16VHJF8E9nnC7NzMBP+073wR0w--60_57.JPG

$T2eC16RHJGYE9nooh8!TBP+0773oww--60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJFEE+VnBlYmhBP+08Q)oKQ--60_57.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJIYE9qUcOtyfBP+08HvQow--60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJDkE+LVh6uoiBP+08E7tEw--60_57.JPG

When I read the title of your post, I was hoping for something based on the book, but this is extremely cool nonetheless.

Cast in solid resin, this rare figure comes fully assembled and meticulously hand-painted by Tom Gilliland, renowned kitbuilder and multiple S.C.H.A.A.M.S. gold medal winner.

He's also art director at Sideshow.

Thank you! Yeah, it's based on the 1928 film, not the book. Though the film's based on the book, so there you go.

Back