Fright Night remake with.... Collin Farrell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like crap....of course I'll be seeing it. Will definitely wait until it's at the matinee price though, and I'm sure the GF will be opting out of going with me so I'll end up spending $8 to see it (maybe that's $7.50 more than I should).

First time i'm seeing the trailer. I must say it looks even worse than I could ever imagined.Farrell is just not the guy for the job.Even in the trailer, you can see he lacks the suave charisma Sarandon had
as Jerry Dandridge.

This movie is a farce and not a funny one.

Fright Night (2011)

Couldn't find a thread on this. I was VERY skeptical about this remake when it was announced (still a tad skeptical). But I have to say, this first trailer has me intrigued. Turns out Colin Farrell makes a pretty damn good Jerry Dandridge, for one:

[ame="https://youtu.be/txgGhyjPZGg"]302 Found[/ame]

Re: Fright Night (2011)

Crap! I knew there had to be one. Thanks!

Yeah, search is sucking. Mods, you may delete/merge.

It feels home made... I have to say it feels awful and where is the old guy replacement... and what's with the bow and arrow Rambo 3 style. :lol It doesn't even feel dark or creepy at all. The original has such a great soundtrack as well. Even the puppets back then don't look terribly dated.

Where's the miss the 80's thread. :D There's just too much crap in this modern day.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwuTT7zaZ-g"]Fright Night - Good Man In A Bad Time[/ame]

where is the old guy replacement... ]

The old guy replacement is this guy.....
tennant_21692t.jpg

Here he is as Peter Vincent:
PHBYAl9f3lzAEH_2_m.jpg

Clearly they are taking the character in a new direction.
Actually a pretty damn good actor. But for some reason he is absent from almost all of the trailers and marketing materials.

Peter Vincent is being played by Doctor Who. David Tennent is maybe the only reason I'd see this film. I believe in this film Vincent is supposed to be a washed up magician instead of the host of a program that shows old horror movies.

Peter Vincent is being played by Doctor Who. David Tennent is maybe the only reason I'd see this film. I believe in this film Vincent is supposed to be a washed up magician instead of the host of a program that shows old horror movies.

I never could take to the new Doctor Who series. It looked so cheesy. Plus he's another person with a freaky smile that scares the bejesus out of me.

Why do they put these movies out in AUGUST? ( I think the new Halloween movies at least one of them did as well) You'd think they'd have a much better chance in OCT.

Still think it's gonna suck.

Yea, they altered the character because they felt a late night horror movie tv host wasn't particularly relateable to anyone under 30 or 40. Let's face it, it's been a long time since such people existed on television with any sort of recognition. Gone are the days of Sir Graves Ghastly, my friend.

I'm booked this weekend but will be going next weekend for sure! I'm dying to see it. The original is my favorite vampire movie after The Lost Boys.

Aparrently this movie is suppost to be good, really close to the Original. my local news guy gave it a good rating, and he usually rates movies pretty low. I'll watch it when it hits the internet.

PS. l still haet Colin Farrell though.

I remember seeing the original in the theaters WAY back. I was against the remake but I'll check it out when it appears on Netflix.

Back