Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is a very bad business practice on his end. Who would sell a damage one to start with. If I own a business that sells stuff like this, I won't try and sell a damaged item.

I am glad you got your refund back man.

Thanks Jedster. He did e-mail saying ' If you still want one I suggest you order though SS , THEY ARE SELLING FAST'. As fast as the ones the was making for personal customers only before he teamed with SS. Can't believe a word he says. Compulsive LIAR!!!!

I'm hoping these get fixed up, because this bust has the potential to be fantastic.
Is the edition size still 250?
If they are selling fast they are still up for PO 6 months later....

Sounds like nothing is happening with them. He can't cope with it obviously. I wouldn't be surprised if this little venture put him under.

Got a refund on my deposit. He kept telling me, I will send within a few days'. Never happened. Why couldn't he just be honest and say they aren't ready yet. I'd probably have kept my order but the man is a liar and I think probably a bit of a fraud. He told me I could have a damaged one that he couldn't be bothered to mend an he would send me pics. I said I would look at the pics and decide. Guess what? No pics, so I e-mailed him again and said ' thanks so much for the pics you failed to send me yet again, I would like a refund or I will do a chargeback, which my bank has assured me will be in my favour.' he emailed me back a few hours later, pictures attached saying ' this is the bust I was telling you about but I have now sold it and you wanted a refund'. What the hell is that? That email really pissed me off. The guy is a total codpiece.

hmm, it would be great if you can copy paste the email between you and him over here.. :)

from your post, the seller sounds very unprofessional, nevertheless, i will never make my judgement by only hearing from one side plus insufficient evidence..

i too have pre-ordered this bust, hopefully all goes well..
850usd is very expensive bust IMHO... should be better in quality control and customer service :) ...

I am tempted to post all of the e-mails between us here but he did politely ask if I wouldn't. Still I have my money back now so there's not much to lose. I should probbaly give the man some dignity. Guess you'll just have to take my word for it., not that I care. Just trying to make people aware of the situation and not to set your heights too high on receiving a good bust or even a bust at all.

Maybe he was in a little over his head thinking that he could do the job alone. 250 pieces is a lot of orders for one man to do. Perhaps that's why he's struggling with replies?
He probably could and should get someone to help out with the PR side. He clearly does not have the time for it.

I feel really sorry for many of you. It looks like Fred has a very bad reputation and he is a bad businessman and absolutely not trustworthy! I am sad to hear that again...such an unprofessional liar and jerk.

Last edited:
I am tempted to post all of the e-mails between us here but he did politely ask if I wouldn't. Still I have my money back now so there's not much to lose. I should probbaly give the man some dignity. Guess you'll just have to take my word for it., not that I care. Just trying to make people aware of the situation and not to set your heights too high on receiving a good bust or even a bust at all.

i understand.. thanks for sharing...

I have a question, i've been flex paying this item for the past 4 months. Come December 10 it should ship out soon. What happens if I receive it and don't like or want to keep it? Will I be refunded in full?

I have a question, i've been flex paying this item for the past 4 months. Come December 10 it should ship out soon. What happens if I receive it and don't like or want to keep it? Will I be refunded in full?

yes, i believe you will be refunded in full, as long as there wasn't a NRD. If there was a NRD, i believe Sideshow keeps that but i could be wrong.

I know there has been a ton of bad press about the bust and the service, but let me tell you this piece kicks ass. I don't think you're gonna be dissapointed :hi5:

yes, i believe you will be refunded in full, as long as there wasn't a NRD. If there was a NRD, i believe Sideshow keeps that but i could be wrong.

I know there has been a ton of bad press about the bust and the service, but let me tell you this piece kicks ass. I don't think you're gonna be dissapointed :hi5:

I'm sure you're right but then again this isn't a $180 HT's figure either. I remember the last time I spent $1000 on a single item it wasn't that great. We'll see. I hate to do it but i'll be super picky when inspecting this one.

I'm sure you're right but then again this isn't a $180 HT's figure either. I remember the last time I spent $1000 on a single item it wasn't that great. We'll see. I hate to do it but i'll be super picky when inspecting this one.

i;m sorry your last $1K purchase didn't go well. This was only my second $800+ purchase. I scrutinize everything, sometimes a bit too much :slap This piece still impresses the hell outta me. Seeing Robo in his armor is soo friggin awesome. I know some were let down by the paint job, but i can honestly say out of all my pieces, this has the best paint finish (well, his armor has the best finish :) ).

another note...I currently have him displayed around waist level, and i prefer him being displayed at eye level. It really brings Murphy's presence to the next level :mexwave

I still want this piece, but I think I'll just wait until someone wants to sell theirs off. I still have hope for getting a full armor set from Anticlaus one of these days (the guy who sculpted this bust).

i;m sorry your last $1K purchase didn't go well. This was only my second $800+ purchase. I scrutinize everything, sometimes a bit too much :slap This piece still impresses the hell outta me. Seeing Robo in his armor is soo friggin awesome. I know some were let down by the paint job, but i can honestly say out of all my pieces, this has the best paint finish (well, his armor has the best finish :) ).

another note...I currently have him displayed around waist level, and i prefer him being displayed at eye level. It really brings Murphy's presence to the next level :mexwave

Heres hoping i'm wowed! I think I will be, it doesn't hurt that i'm a huge Robo fan :D

Back