Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have an issue with the paint, it looks pretty good actually. My issue is with Fred and his public relations. When you see different prices for this thing popping up all over the net when it was suppose to be exclusive to Fred only....that rubbs me the wrong way. In addition his communication has been horrible.

Other than that, the bust looks good to me.

Chris

I dont have an issue with the paint, it looks pretty good actually. My issue is with Fred and his public relations. When you see different prices for this thing popping up all over the net when it was suppose to be exclusive to Fred only....that rubbs me the wrong way. In addition his communication has been horrible.

Other than that, the bust looks good to me.

Chris

My bad, I missed that issue. Its also a fair concern. Heck the only reason I ordered it was because Sideshow became involved. I knew from the start I wanted it but i'm one of those people that need a guarantee attached.

Regardless I can't freaking wait to get this!

Can't remember where I saw it, maybe statueforum, but someone emailed Fred about other companies selling it cheaper and Fred has said they definately won't be. He said BBTS took theirs off at his and sideshows request.

Has anyone seen this in person at the Con? I would love to hear a detailed comment on them. Also, Fred mentioned he would be at the Con on one of the days. I wonder who met him, and what was discussed.

My bad here it is.
Here is my recent conversation. I had asked for a refund and that I didnt like the fact other sites are selling them for less then what I was paying and he had told me to wait until the convention was over to do anything and basically your getting a low number :)rotfl my thought about a low number :cuckoo:):

A,

So, I just talked with Sideshow. BBTS are NOT selling my product nor is any other discounter or entity other than me and Sideshow. BBTS has been directed to take it off their site.

The price is what you and everyone on the planet has paid - $850.

Those are the facts and I wouldn’t buy into all the internet price wars on this. This is my product, it goes to my customers for the price I set and that’s it. Sideshow is the exclusive distributor. They are not wholesaling it out anywhere. No one is stocking these. No one can. I control the product and how many go out and to who.

I don’t know what else I can tell you.

Fred

Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:56 PM
To: Fred Barton
Subject: RE: Robocop Bust

Ill wait and see what your statement will be after the convention.

Thanks
Ashkan

--- On Thu, 7/21/11, Fred Barton <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: RE: Robocop Bust
To: "'ashkan zomorrodi'" <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 4:07 PM

There will be an official statement after Commicon. Or you can call me at 310-234-2956 and we can talk.

I don’t BS anyone, never have.

Fred

Not wanting to repeat other people comments, but, it's true nothing is perfect and from what I can see this is acceptable at this price point and on par with most Sideshow busts.
If you want perfection, Grand Moff Tarkin will set you back $15,000, fantastic if you can afford but there is your perfect bust.

Me, I can't afford such prices but I'm more than happy with what I get for my money and I'm well aware that perfection doesn't come in at $850...NEVER WILL!

Of course we won't know for sure until we start getting in-hand pieces. When I get mine I will be covering the good and the BAD, just as I do in all my reviews.

For now I'm just excited about finally getting a Robocop.

enhanced-buzz-3227-1306878514-14.jpg

Ok here is my news. I buckled and could not take it anymore so called Fred. A lady called Chris picked up and just as I introduced myself as if by magic my invoice hit my inbox!

• The box for all international orders is slightly bigger 20 x 20 x 30 as they were concerned it may get damaged in the longer transit.
  • They are still waiting for the custom packaging to arrive for the bust for the international orders, I am unsure about the US orders.
  • Orders will be fulfilled in the order they were made.
  • Over half the orders for the bust are from outside the USA.
  • The cost of shipping is to the UK is $312.09 making the total $1162.09 and there will be VAT and Customs on top so I am looking at about $1400 potentially for this bust I reckon (20% VAT plus 5% customs)
I spoke to Chris for 20 minutes who to be honest was really helpful and did her very best to help me with my questions. I really get the feeling that if this uproar about the bust continues this could be the last thing Fred makes. Not that she said that word for word but that was my impression I got.

Since I started collecting I have always wanted a Robocop bust and I am just glad Fred is going to make that possible. Am I happy with the delays, the lack of comms, sideshow getting it, the metal bracket, the raw underside, the skin paint job no I am not! But just remember it could be worse you could have just received an HCG Bruce Lee bust :slap

Using 20 x 20 x 30 the cheapest quote I can get is £211 via DHL with parcel2go.com which is $316.

HOWEVER using https://www.ipsparcel.com/index.cfm I can get it delivered by Fed Ex Economy Express 3 - 5 Business Days Door to Door Service for $235 which is £156 with insurance of $850!

And yes this is importing from USA to UK!

I don't know anything about the shipping prices, but when I talked to Fred, he said he was doing everything he could to get the best shipping prices possible. That was part of the delay.

Finally I received my invoice and pay for the balance due.
Ready to be ship ASAP by Fedex, I can't wait to have this bad boy in hand.
:hi5:

Back