Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

Tulsa show has gotten less attractive over the past 2 years due to wizard world's business model of overcharging vendors. There's been a substantial reduction in the amount of vendors that attend the show and the overall con suffers greatly from this. This year, they had booths for **** like insurance, free lasik surgery, blood drive, etc. Booths that no one really wants to see at a comic convention. Those are the types of booths showing up more frequently due to poor vendor attendance.

I'd love to go to San Antonio or Houston for a comic convention. Would be cool to meet some of you guys at some cons soon. Anyone have good suggestions for a con?

The only conventions we've been going to each year are the Dallas Fan Expo in May/June, SDCC, and Wizard World Tulsa. I guess we'll got to Wizard World OKC next year. I've always wanted to go to the Superman Celebration in Metropolis but don't know if it'd be worth the trip. I went there once on the way back from a road trip to Wizard World Chicago and there's not much to the town at all. That's been years and years ago though so maybe it's changed. I did like the Superman Museum and big Superman statue there.

anmI8Lf.gif

This is one of a few contests that I'm holding this weekend. I've got a weird schedule this weekend so the main difference between these and my normal ones is that I'm not announcing when they end. A contest could end in 10 minutes or 10 hours so get your entries in quick so you don't miss out. Winner will be chosen by however I decide at the time. Sometimes it may be The Wheel, and sometimes it may be grabbing my wife and asking which answer she likes best.

THE CONTEST: It's after midnight here, and one of the rules in Gremlins is Don't feed them after midnight. Tell me about a time you broke a rule and ended up with a bad result.

THE PRIZE: A Trick or Treat Studios 1:1 Gizmo Puppet Prop.

spook gizmo.JPG

I consumed dairy with antibiotics. BAD. PLAN. Paid for that one by getting sick *and* the antibiotics didn't work, so I ended up in the hospital.

edit - Zod's contest. I didn't JUST do this, I'm still at home, so don't panic.

anmI8Lf.gif

This is one of a few contests that I'm holding this weekend. I've got a weird schedule this weekend so the main difference between these and my normal ones is that I'm not announcing when they end. A contest could end in 10 minutes or 10 hours so get your entries in quick so you don't miss out. Winner will be chosen by however I decide at the time. Sometimes it may be The Wheel, and sometimes it may be grabbing my wife and asking which answer she likes best.

THE CONTEST: It's after midnight here, and one of the rules in Gremlins is Don't feed them after midnight. Tell me about a time you broke a rule and ended up with a bad result.

View attachment 301920

I hooked up with a girl that I just met and my friends said to stay away from her but I didn't listen and needless to say I had to go to the infirmary and get shots cause she gave me more than her loving....

anmI8Lf.gif

View attachment 301920

I've broken the rule of maintaining a minimum balance in my bank account and have gotten hundreds in fees over the course of my life. It's ridiculous.

anmI8Lf.gif

View attachment 301920

I had beer before liquor, and I've never been sicker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I consumed dairy with antibiotics. BAD. PLAN. Paid for that one by getting sick *and* the antibiotics didn't work, so I ended up in the hospital.

edit - Zod's contest. I didn't JUST do this, I'm still at home, so don't panic.

:lol Good to know you're ok now

anmI8Lf.gif

View attachment 301920

I once left the house with the door half wide open for a hour and luckily nothing was stolen.

anmI8Lf.gif

View attachment 301920

I was driving 90 mph while smoking weed. So I got arrested for the third time... I'd say it was a bad result after my wife left me and I spent a year and a half on probation. Good thing is: I found Jesus and quit drugs. Which allowed enough money to start collecting Hot Toys. Now, I'm remarried, have a son, and I'm drug free with over 40 1/6 scale figs!

anmI8Lf.gif

View attachment 301920

Awesome contest...this is a Spook one for sure! :hi5:

My brother and I used to wrestle when we were younger...it was like...a mix of, well it was pretty much all fake...scripted in my mind. I kind of called out matches, and we'd fake hit, use pillows as chairs and such. We were always yelled at when we did it in the living room, which was the room that was "for company" when I was growing up...you know that weird room that parents have that nobody ever sits in, even when company comes over? :lol

Well it had the most open space in the area away from the coffee table and couches and such, so it was always the best place to do it. It also had the least used carpet, which had some nice give, so I'm sure that had something to do with it also. :lol So even after being told countless times not to wrestle in the house period, let alone in that room, my parents were out on a Saturday...maybe a Sunday, it was the weekend chores they were out doing, so this is when the stuff we weren't supposed to do happened. :lol

So they were out and we were wrestling, and acting it all out as usual. Of course, we got a bit carried away, and we both ended up falling through the coffee table and breaking it. That...was a bad moment. :lol That was one of those classic growing up moments when you're like, "Oh mother of god, we're so screwed." because you're kids, and the world is run by your parents. :lol

Needless to say, wrestling stopped for a while (not altogether though! We even taped some future "matches"...and I'm not sure if it would've been cool to have that on tape, or worse to have the evidence of how bad it was at the time :lol) and we got grounded. I can still perfectly picture the leg giving out on it...just totally snapped...it's like we did them a favour. What company wants to put coffee on a table that so easily breaks from two people landing on it? :lol

Man, I hadn't thought about that in a long time...fun memories. The bad results that are definitely bad at the time, but make you smile to look back upon. :lol

I was driving 90 mph while smoking weed. So I got arrested for the third time... I'd say it was a bad result after my wife left me and I spent a year and a half on probation. Good thing is: I found Jesus and quit drugs. Which allowed enough money to start collecting Hot Toys. Now, I'm remarried, have a son, and I'm drug free with over 40 1/6 scale figs!

Excellent story, man. Glad it worked out so well for you!

anmI8Lf.gif

View attachment 301920

One rule I said I wouldn't never break is to date someone you work with. Well I think I broke that rule, let's see....5 times now. It's no wonder why all these bad rumors start around work about me, but it is what it is. And yes I am still currently dating a girl I work with now, 3 years and counting and hopefully the last one. Hopefully.

anmI8Lf.gif

View attachment 301920

Man, I hadn't thought about that in a long time...fun memories. The bad results that are definitely bad at the time, but make you smile to look back upon. :lol
Awesome story Golden Boy! Thanks for sharing. It reminded me of the time my friend and I were snooping for Christmas presents in his attic and we fell through the ceiling! We were like ten years old and his dad was so mad! Lol

anmI8Lf.gif

View attachment 301920

I gave my dog scraps even after my mom told me not to and he had diarrhea all over the place lol.

Here's a better one. I drank nearly a full bottle of whiskey on my 18th birthday and had the worst hangover of my life. Lol

Reminder! Get your sketches going! There will be a special "addition" for this prize.... Don't shy away from stick figures!

Contest!
Usa only!
Okay guys, for this prize I want people to draw me their best version of acid burned Hicks!
Pic for reference but doesn't have to be exactly the same.
View attachment 301909
Now, I'm a terrible artist so everyone who does a drawing will get at least one entry, but if you do a great job I'll give you multiple entries. Winner will be chosen by random draw. Closes Sunday night at 10 pm mountain time.

The prize:
View attachment 301910
3a3e78440c5aa5fa8133b6bc16f77c7c.jpg

anmI8Lf.gif

View attachment 301920
Awesome prize
When I was new at the Post Office, I was being trained for the airport route. On my first day of delivering thr route, I thought I would take a shortcut out of National car rental. Needless to say, but those spikes really work.
Odd calling the boss to tell him of my 4 flat tires.

Back