Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spooktacular 2014

Wow...way too much to catch up on.

Kenbenobi: I'm an Android user, if you ever do something with that.

Kinetic: Neat contest, though you picked the wrong winner. The "Elm Street" movies where "A Nightmare on Elm Street". All started with the A, not with Nightmare :wink1:

Working on a contest for patches today. It'll be a scavenger hunt, multiple winners, the first to answer correctly plus random draw from all correct answers.

Rules will be very specific, and final judgement is mine and no whining :pfft:

I realized that last night right after I started the contest lol.

I didn't specify that movies starting "A" didn't count in the rules so I allowed it. That's what i get for only sleeping 4 hours a day :slap

I may do a contest like that again but with a different word and I'll add it to the rules.

Contest time!

Rules:

Full title (including all indefinite articles ie: A, The, An) must be given.

Spelling counts, as does proper capitalization. imdb.com is the definitive source, feel free to check.

If a franchise is suspected, go with the first installment.

Entries must be sent to me via PM, NOT POSTED IN THE THREAD.

Anyone asking for or giving any hints will be disqualified...no friends on this one (UT is starting to rub off on me)

I reserve to the right to disqualify anyone based on any criteria I choose (namely, don't be a d**k, a troll, or Rosario).

Contest is open until 9AM Eastern time Monday.

If you have already won a 2014 Mort Patch, you can win but must gift your win to someone who hasn't won one yet.

Winners will be:
1) First person with all answers correct
2) Random drawing from all other fully correct answers

If no one gets them all correct, then it will be an open raffle, one entry per person per correct answer given (so if you got 6 right, you'd have 6 raffle entries, if you got 2 right you'll have 2 raffle entries).

Total number of patches to be given out this contest: TBD based on number of participants.

Happy hunting!

Hunt1.jpg

The image should be 456x362 pixels, if you aren't seeing that PM me your email address and I'll email the original...hopefully the upload works right.

That's a good contest,Kamikaze, I know them all. Anyone who does not should be ashamed of themselves :lecture

That's a good contest,Kamikaze, I know them all. Anyone who does not should be ashamed of themselves :lecture

Well, get your entry in then!

NOTE: I added a rule to the contest: If you have already won a 2014 Mort Patch, you can win but must gift your win to someone who hasn't won one yet.

Update for 10/25/2014!!

I now have come up with what I will do in the BIG contest. I will call on each member randomly, and they will PICK another member from the other 9. The first person of the two to answer correctly a question of my choosing will open a door, labeled as doors 1 through 9.

What lies behind each door could benefit them, or be detrimental. Either way, one contestant in each round is eliminated by something in the door and will NO LONGER BE ABLE TO WIN ANYTHING from me EVER AGAIN. Eliminations from the BIG CONTEST at 10 PM will NOT put you on my DEAD list. You will just be out and gone for good.

I MAY or MAY NOT have tricks behind these doors. I have written what is behind these doors on a note card tonight, and will use them Tuesday.

I will whittle down the list to TWO (2) members at the end, and they will have to answer the best out of 5 questions to WIN IT ALL.

Remember, the winner MUST pay for shipping of ALL PRIZES, and shipping will not be cheap. Like I said, it will be at least $150 to maybe $250 depending on your location. The actual value of prizes totals at least $1250 give or take a few.

CONTESTANTS:

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
XDUCKETTX
Boba Ben
Kenbenobi
SurlyJ
Vander
CallMeTheDoctor
punkg42
King Darkness
averagejo

DEAD list contestants:
Collectorcol
Chapter 2099
a-dev
FLOSI
stageman12
mrdbios
Something Sexy
ZachW117
wanderlai
Darth Madden
GeneralZodLives
jedimindtrick77
Darth Snoopy

If you see your name, you have a chance to win at least something. Contestants have a chance to win the WHOLE SHEBANG while DEAD contestants will be in a random drawing that will occur after the big contest.

BUT I'll let my DEAD people know what they are getting: In keeping with a sort of dead theme you are getting:

A DEADPOOL 1/6Th scale figure from Sideshow Collectibles.

Sounds like a pain in the ass.

Well, get your entry in then!

NOTE: I added a rule to the contest: If you have already won a 2014 Mort Patch, you can win but must gift your win to someone who hasn't won one yet.
I have not won one yet---hint hint

Remember, the winner MUST pay for shipping of ALL PRIZES, and shipping will not be cheap. Like I said, it will be at least $150 to maybe $250 depending on your location. The actual value of prizes totals at least $1250 give or take a few.

Can you tell the winner what the prizes are so they can list them on eBay and instead of paying you to ship them to the winner, you can just ship them to the buyers on eBay? :lol

Back