Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright.... Time to announce the winners of my contest. but before I do let me answer the question on which was my first classic monster movie I saw and that was... Frankenstein! THis is how I got hooked. So I was about 4 and amc was playing all the classics around october. My parents told me to go to bed but around 12 at night I got up to go downstairs since I was afraid of some shadow in the room. as I go downstairs my father is still awake watching a movie. I look and he's watching Frankenstein. As a kid I didn't know it but as Colin Clive pulls the sheet back and reveals the monster I jumped back. Next thing you know he's showing the monster go into the air and being shocked. When the monster comes down and moves and Colin Clive screams he's alive as the hand moved I trembled with fear and went back up into my room. Next day it was playing again before I went to school and I asked my mom if she knew what movie my dad was watching last night and she asked. He told her and she searched the channel and they were having a classic marathon all day. She puts it on and records the movie on a VHS and when I got home I watched it. That is how I got into the classic monsters after I watched Frankenstein I watched Dracula, Wolfman and of course Creature from the Black Lagoon. I watched the original Mummy once as a kid but I barely remeber watching it.. I watched Mummy's Hand and Ghost more. That is my story on how I got into the classics. Me being scared seeing the corpse and running to my room thinking about is it possible to bring the dead back really intrigued and scared the hell out of me. That is my story and Frankenstein was the first for me but most of my memories as I recall all the classics are my true first films into the cinema besides Godzilla. Now for the winners!

And the winners are....

1:xipotec "Sideshow Mummy"
2:Centurion "Frankenstein 1931 Glow in the Dark DVD"
3:Crows "The Strangers Glow in the Dark DVD"
4:Kenbenobi "Creature from the Black Lagoon Digital Code"

Wow and there you go. Very hard to decide on who won all had really good answers but xipotex guessed Frankenstein correct and had a good story. The rest of the winners had great stories too wish I could give everyone something to win. Congrats to the winners i'll be messaging you shortly! Stay spooky!

Ryan

My reaction reading this post....

giphy-5-2.gif

Thank you so much!!! Great story , and like the Haiku contest a real insight into our group here. We share a lot of common experiences. For years I looked forward to that week in November to see all those amazing films....as in those days....no cable TV, internet or even VHS!! You just had to read the newspaper each week and hope they were on one of the 12 channels....

HAPPY HALLOWEEN FREAKS!

giphy.gif

tumblr_mtv1znNn5K1s2wio8o1_400.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooo! ooo! Pick me! Pick me!

I think I was the first person to guess your first monster movie. That's gotta count for something, right?[emoji16]

Just maybe I got some tricks up my sleeve!
My reaction reading this post....

giphy-5-2.gif

Thank you so much!!! Great story , and like the Haiku contest a real insight into our group here. We share a lot of common experiences. For years I looked forward to that week in November to see all those amazing films....as in those days....no cable TV, internet or even VHS!! You just had to read the newspaper each week and hope they were on one of the 12 channels....

HAPPY HALLOWEEN FREAKS!

giphy.gif

tumblr_mtv1znNn5K1s2wio8o1_400.gif

Glad you liked my story! We all bond in here and it's always a pleasure to tell you guys my stories and give away stuff.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

First of all... Happy Halloween Freaks!

Ryan, love that story! I bet you were thinking about watching the Universal Monster Classics all day in school that day. You probably even told a few of your classmates what you saw on TV! LOL! That would awesome if you did.

Thank you for a fun contest and for the DVD. As you now know, Frankenstein's monster is my favorite of the group. I've got more great memories of him but I'll save that for another time.

Happy Freaktacular!

I couldn’t remember them all, so I found this : https://https://horror.wikia.com/wiki/Samhain Don’t trust a wiki! Congrats crows!
Samhain? I think that's BanthaFett's wiki! :lecture

Happy Halloween Freaks!

39a3756deeca2d58206230ec5c66398e.jpg

Cool!

It's dated this year. Here's the back:
4747a1d8ac89c09afb83b16e62399cc5.jpg
...and the front:
0ad1a0baea78dfe80bdbf33f58afc645.jpg
I really like it!

Very cool!

As promised, I have created a page to view the 2010 Spooktacular Mort comic strip that was written by Sideshow Dennis and published by Sideshow. The original publication had links hidden within the image, I don't have those, it's just the basic comics.

https://rick.trg.homeip.net/Mort/index.html
Thanks, Kami!

Gentle Giant gave them out. They are just ads on the back for GG but the front resembles the vintage cards. They are about post card size. I know you have some of them cause you were with me when we grabbed them and the trading cards at their booth. I also need some of the cards.
I think you're mistaken. I don't recalling getting ANY of the GG cardbacks or cards (unless I only saw the back, and never noticed the front!) Every time I went to that booth, there was a huge line. I couldn't get jack. I'll check tonight though... I certainly wouldn't have the SDCC ones... I do have a bunch of Hasbro cardbacks from past SDCC and SWC conventions, so I could trade you some of those, assuming I can find them. I think I know where I put most of them...

Here are all of them, minus Obi Wan. 6 were at SW Celebration and 6 were at SDCC this year.
272735ee6d02b59cb71b2acb4f88d9fa.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Nice!

Ryan, love that story! I bet you were thinking about watching the Universal Monster Classics all day in school that day. You probably even told a few of your classmates what you saw on TV! LOL! That would awesome if you did.

Thank you for a fun contest and for the DVD. As you now know, Frankenstein's monster is my favorite of the group. I've got more great memories of him but I'll save that for another time.

Happy Freaktacular!

Frankie is my favorite too!!! Followed by the Creature then a tie between Wolf man and Mummmy.

There are so many Trunk or Treats in this town, I never know how that's going to affect turnout for regular Trick or Treating. I bought 3 bags.

I don't buy anything as I live on the corner of a very busy street and the houses are too far away for foot traffic.

Saves me the $40 + dollars I would spend otherwise on candy.

50% chance of rain and calling for temps in the mid 30's tonight? Yeah, sorry kids, but I think I'm just staying in and eating all the candy myself... :lol:wink1:

I bought four big bags of candy and will probably only give out one bag tonight. :lol
Contest for the other bags? :monkey3 Just kidding, I don't need to be eating candy. I'm trying to LOSE weight, not gain... That being said, I'll probably buy some clearance candy tomorrow, and stash it for when my diet inevitably ends! :lol

50% chance of rain and calling for temps in the mid 30's tonight? Yeah, sorry kids, but I think I'm just staying in and eating all the candy myself... :lol:wink1:
33 degrees tonight here... Small chance of rain today, but tomorrow has a 60% chance, and still near freezing. I'm sure I'll see flurries tomorrow, but they won't stick since we'll be just above freezing...

aa5a55c9e0ed01df4fbe31a6f36889e9.jpg

Damn, that's awesome!

Happy Freaktacular!
All day at school I was thinking of watching more. It was insane how much I wanted to watch Frankenstein and more monster flicks even with me being a little freaked out. I had two friends I told and they were like that's a real movie? Haha Happy Halloween and enjoy! :rock

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

There are so many Trunk or Treats in this town, I never know how that's going to affect turnout for regular Trick or Treating. I bought 3 bags.

Nobody trick or treats around here anymore. It’s all stuff like that or they go into Edmonds and go from store to store. We have had 2 trick or treaters in the 13 years we have been in our house. We also live down a lane so unless you know our house is down there its very easy to miss.

Back