For the movie buffs out there...your top 3 films ever created

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest Impact: (in order of viewing)

1. Salem's Lot
2. Se7en
3. The Ring

Watch over and over:

1. Se7en
2. LotR Trilogy
3. Star Wars (All but AotC)

JS

I can't really give you a top 3 films but as far as movies that I can watch over and over again are anything from Star Wars (mainly OT...I love the original Star Wars movie...A New Hope is my favorite movie of all time). Others include Jaws, Back To The Future, Goonies...

3 Movies hmmm ok.

1. Godfather

2. Star Wars (I'm talking the original, no lucas tinkering)

3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Yeah that came out of left field)

Few others

Seven
Fightclub
Natural Born Killers

mfoga said:
3 Movies hmmm ok.
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Yeah that came out of left field)
I'm glad this finally showed up!

Hard to narrow down to three.

1. ESB
2. Clerks (or any other Kevin Smith film really)
3. The Blues Brothers - the only good Saturday Night Live movie ever made.(I'm sure that'll start something.)

Guilty Pleasures
1. Hellboy - can watch this over and over.
2. Rocky 1 & 2 - these are really top notch films that were ruined by more sequels than we needed
3. Bring it on - I don't know what it is about this movie that can make me stop every time I see it on. Well...I do but we don't need to say it out loud.

3 is impossible...

When it comes to SW, I no longer consider them "films" (especially the OT), they are almost like a part of who I am. So they are a no-brainer. And LOTR, is cool since it has quickly reached that kind of status. So deselecting those my favorite 3 (I guess) would be:

1. Excalibur
2. Conan the Barbarian
3. Edward Scissorhands

Oh man, I haven't seen Excalibur in forever. Man I need to change my list. and find some way to squeeze in that and Clash of the Titans. Thos used to be on every Sunday when I was growing up.

Rocktonix said:
I'm glad this finally showed up!

Hard to narrow down to three.

1. ESB
2. Clerks (or any other Kevin Smith film really)
3. The Blues Brothers - the only good Saturday Night Live movie ever made.(I'm sure that'll start something.)

Guilty Pleasures
1. Hellboy - can watch this over and over.
2. Rocky 1 & 2 - these are really top notch films that were ruined by more sequels than we needed
3. Bring it on - I don't know what it is about this movie that can make me stop every time I see it on. Well...I do but we don't need to say it out loud.

I can agree with you on Clerks and Kevin Smith movies, its high on my list too.
I worked at a mom and pop movie store with owners who didnt speak english, We never got as bad as Randell but we did some really bad things, and it only got worse after that movie:lol

Bring it on, yes that is a great guilty pleasue and yes I will admit it. That movie cracks me up and is not hard on the eyes either. All I can say is Spirt Fingers.

mfoga said:
Bring it on, yes that is a great guilty pleasue and yes I will admit it. That movie cracks me up and is not hard on the eyes either. All I can say is Spirt Fingers.

"You see, when you skip a meal, your body feeds off its fat stores. And if you skip enough, maybe your body will eat your ass!"

"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded."

Sparky's the best part of the movie

wow. Top 3 films? Thats too hard. My top films are so close together in preference. Too hard to do three, hope you dont mind but here's my top 15:D So many more I want to list and others I wish I could erase from memory:lol Na thats not true, I've seen far more great films that bad, they just stick with ya for all the wrong reasons.

1. The Good The Bad and The Ugly
2. Akira
3. Grave of the Fireflies

4. The Battle of Algiers
5. The Lord of the Rings
6. Kill Bill
7. Aliens
8. Peter Jackson’s King Kong
9. Wes Cravens New Nightmare
10. The Godfather
11. The Hours
12. Pulp Fiction
13. Ran
14. The Shining
15. Donnie Darko

So many more I want to list and others I wish I could erase from memory:lol Na thats not true, I've seen far more great films that bad, they just stick with ya for all the wrong reasons. Then theres those guilty pleasures like Bring it On that you just love to see on a rainy day.

galactiboy said:
2. Conan the Barbarian

That one just barely missed making my top three. I love that movie.

"All that matters is that two stood against many, that's what's important."

This is a hard one...

1. Seven Samurai
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. The Fellowship of the Ring

I couldn't help but add some more--

HONORABLE MENTION:
The Searchers
Brazil
Ben-Hur
Braveheart
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Unforgiven
Jaws
Fargo
Die Hard
The Iron Giant
The Shawshank Redemption
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Edward Scissorhands
Dances With Wolves
Terminator 2
Pulp Fiction
The Matrix
The Usual Suspects
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Batman Begins
Schindler's List
Dead Man Walking
Magnolia
O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Last edited:
BDboystoys said:
4. The Battle of Algiers
13. Ran

I like your taste brother :cool: I Love Battle of Algiers. Film style is Very realistic. As for Ran, you cannot go wrong with Kurosawa. Have you seen Dreams? It is a WOW!!!

TOE said:
you cannot go wrong with Kurosawa.

I agree with you on that one:

kurosawayv6.jpg

I recently sold my copies of Yojimbo and Sanjuro to make room for the upcoming anamorphic reissues from Criterion.

Ah, yes the Kurosawa Criterion Collections :monkey5 I wish i had the $$$ to get those. Nice set there Tom. Have u seen Rhapsody in August? There is no doubt that you would love Star wars because Kurosawa has a tremendous affect on Lucas's vision of filmmaking.

Well, Mine are:

1. Fellowship of the Ring
2. Glory
3. Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein.
4. Starship Troopers
5. se7en

And about another 1,000 tie for sixth!:lol

Last edited:
If anything this thread has reminded me of all the great films I've seen and really need to revisit.

TOE said:
I like your taste brother :cool: I Love Battle of Algiers. Film style is Very realistic. As for Ran, you cannot go wrong with Kurosawa. Have you seen Dreams? It is a WOW!!!

Thanks man! Cinema is a huge part of my life and I love quality films:D
True you cannot go wrong with Kurosawa, but omg I have never seen Dreams! Is it my Kurosawa? I feel horrible for not having seen it!

As for the Criterion Collection, I actually dont own any as my blasted brother owns them all. I can watch them whenever I please so thats fine anyway. Theres a new 7 Samarai ecition from Criterion he's getting for xmas, the three disc set. Is that the set you have in your pic tom?

Back