(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday KK.jpg

Tried to book a room 2.1 miles away
Website said no payment until you check in, free cancellation within 30 days of event.
Booked it, card charge full amount, and web page says no cancellation.
Luckily my cc asked me if it was fraud, I said it was cause I did not authorize full amount, and full amount put me over my limit.
So cc is blocked, no VIP
But it will still be fun

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tried to book a room 2.1 miles away
Website said no payment until you check in, free cancellation within 30 days of event.
Booked it, card charge full amount, and web page says no cancellation.
Luckily my cc asked me if it was fraud, I said it was cause I did not authorize full amount, and full amount put me over my limit.
So cc is blocked, no VIP
But it will still be fun

Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

NO Hotel.

No idea there was a condo close we could have booked but now that's not the case.

I may be with Chien and passing this $#!+ show.

The condo selection was no good to begin with. That area of Chicago just isn't where tourists are going to go much, so there is a lack of places to rent. It's a far cry from Anaheim and Orlando where we could find large condo complexes near the convention center.

There are a lot of negative comments on SWC's Facebook page about people not being able to get a close hotel, so I hope they realize they didn't do well picking this location. I didn't even think about the people in costumes who have to ride mass transit to get to the show. :slap

The condo selection was no good to begin with. That area of Chicago just isn't where tourists are going to go much, so there is a lack of places to rent. It's a far cry from Anaheim and Orlando where we could find large condo complexes near the convention center.

There are a lot of negative comments on SWC's Facebook page about people not being able to get a close hotel, so I hope they realize they didn't do well picking this location. I didn't even think about the people in costumes who have to ride mass transit to get to the show. :slap

YEah, I was going to bring my mando armor. NO FREAKING WAY ! If I even go.

This one just seems to be more hassle that it's worth.

I really would like to know the rational for Chicago, is it just to be more central since the last ones have been on the coasts? I'm still hopeful the con will be fun, but if it's just a big mess I could see skipping future ones and just doing something else as an alternative Celebration.

No VIP for me. I'm at the police academy!

That's probably a good compromise :duff

Kelly Mary Tran deleted her instagram bc of her role in TLJ and Daisy is getting counseling. Oh geeze. Lol

Yeah, that's some ****... I get that people didn't like the movie and Rose was not a great character, but some of the **** people were saying to her was scary.

Yeah, Waller found like the only two that were close... I found a few others that were within a few miles, but I have a feeling they will be gone soon if they aren't already. It's gonna be a lot of Uber, Taxis and mass transit to get to and from the condo.

I think Chicago was all about $. They probably got a killer deal. For hotels that’s not a concern they just Bus people in from further hotels. That was a major complaint about LA. Anaheim and Orlando there is a competition with an already busy spring break/summer break season in those cities. Hotels don’t need help filling rooms from a convention. They needed to move it to slower times in those cities but they don’t seem to want to do that.

That's what seemed cool about Anaheim, they seemed to have it in the gap between spring break and summer. We went to Disneyland the day before the con and had a great time since there were pretty much zero lines.

Hate being negative but this one seems to have bad news written all over. Convience is a big deal for cons. If it cost 45 a day to get to and from the con with all your crap it will be a nightmare. Cold weather and not much to do but sight see the city. End rant only positive talk from me but those are real issues fans shouldn't have to have.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Hate being negative but this one seems to have bad news written all over. Convience is a big deal for cons. If it cost 45 a day to get to and from the con with all your crap it will be a nightmare. Cold weather and not much to do but sight see the city. End rant only positive talk from me but those are real issues fans shouldn't have to have.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

I would guess if you stay at the convention hotels or real close to those there will be free buses like they do for Comic Con. As it got bigger they had to further and further out to supply rooms so they started to use more shuttle busses from area to get people in.

Back