(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Lego Store's May the 4th deals are really crappy this year.

Lego Store's May the 4th deals are really crappy this year.

They really are! Heck, in the UK the stores are discounting the Death Star to $378 US dollars! (did the conversion. :lol )

Stupid US Lego stores!! :(

https://www.shirtpunch.com/designs/details/vintage-sand-crawl

0761a_design_large.jpg

That's pretty cool.

They really are! Heck, in the UK the stores are discounting the Death Star to $378 US dollars! (did the conversion. :lol )

Stupid US Lego stores!! :(

I was hoping for at least a little bit of a discount on the UCS X-Wing. Oh well.

I was going through them the other day, great stuff in there. Too many people write SW off as silly sci-fi movies, but stuff like this speaks volumes about how much passion and hard work the SW universe is filled with.

I just loved how real and used everything was. I know part of it for the first movie was the budget, but it really stood out. It you look at most sci-fi movies from the 60s, 70s and 80s, everything looked all shiny and new.

Agreed. SW is a "lived in" universe, always loved that. One of the things that annoyed me about the PT, it was so sterile and new, blah.

I just loved how real and used everything was. I know part of it for the first movie was the budget, but it really stood out. It you look at most sci-fi movies from the 60s, 70s and 80s, everything looked all shiny and new.

That's because most sci-fi movies of that era are supposed to be the distant future with clean, utopian societies.

That's because most sci-fi movies of that era are supposed to be the distant future with clean, utopian societies.

Yeah, I guess it fits some movies, but I love that SW isn't like that. I guess if you look at it, the Empire had all the shiny new stuff and places like Tatooine did not, so it works.

Agreed. SW is a "lived in" universe, always loved that. One of the things that annoyed me about the PT, it was so sterile and new, blah.

To be fair there was a logic to the production design -- they wanted to show a thriving, prosperous republic prior to the Empire's totalitarian regime with its iron grip.

I just think that they took it too far, and were likely limited by the capabilities of CGI at the time.

The Naboo fighters and ships were pleasing designs but they were too clean for active spacefaring vessels.

The future we were promised is a ripoff.

Back