(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Whoever was talking Cocteau Twins the other day, please chime in here. I'm placing another vinyl order tomorrow, and have three choices...

Blue Bell Knoll
Heaven or Las Vegas
Stars and Topsoil: A Collection

thanks! :wave

You're hopeless.

I'm not opposed to people being negative, that's fine, its when you have to do it dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of times in the same thread and all 70, 80, or 100 posts say the exact same thing. The people who do it in the positive direction are just as annoying. You don't have to own a thread to make you opinion known, not everyone needs to be reminded about exactly how you feel about a figure every day, several times a day for weeks on end. Say what you got to say, and move the fawk on.

It's the truth... opinions and discussions can make this a fun place. The endless soapboxing is just tiresome... I'm not as bothered by it as I just ignore it anymore, but I know it's certainly lessened my enjoyment of some figures.

Putting on Wrath of Kahn while I wait for M to come home from work.

Wish me luck... :(

I was wrecked watching the end of Kahn on the day Nimoy died... I think I'd fair better now, but I'm sure that scene will always be more impactful now.

Just re-listened to the album. I'll make you a money-back guarantee, fury. You buy Heaven or Las Vegas and are disappointed, I'll pay for it.

Wow! That's a bold statement. You realize I'm buying vinyl, right? It was only $19.95, but I actually bought two of their albums and passed on the best of...

You're hopeless.

Why? My taste, or my compulsion? :rotfl

Just placed an order with Turntable Lab, with the two Cocteau's, a special limited clear Miles Davis, and a Thelonius Monk! Threw in a cork mat for the TT to push the order over $100 for free shipping!

Gonna really have to slow down now. I'm just addicted to this soundscape I've created in my living space!

I was wrecked watching the end of Kahn on the day Nimoy died... I think I'd fair better now, but I'm sure that scene will always be more impactful now.

I watched TMP that day, so not so bad...

Running my first race of 2015
Getting up in half hour
Stoopid time change
Nap later

Whoever was talking Cocteau Twins the other day, please chime in here. I'm placing another vinyl order tomorrow, and have three choices...

Blue Bell Knoll
Heaven or Las Vegas
Stars and Topsoil: A Collection

thanks! :wave

Heaven or Las Vegas.

But treasure is my favorite. Robin was still discovering his sound. One of their best.

Wasn't me, but have to say Heaven or Las Vegas is one of my favourite albums of all time. First heard it in my late teens or early twenties when working retail at an "alternative" store when I was in university and it's just stuck with me (I'm 44 now and still listen to it). Nothing they did before or afterwards rates next to that album (and especially not a "best of").

Edit: Out of curiosity I just checked and it was released in 1990. So I would've been 19 or 20. Damn, time flies!

If you're into the Twins you need to watch "Beautiful Noise." It's a documentary of the shoegazing movement featuring CT, Jesus and Mary Chain, Slowdive, MBV, Ride and others. It's ****ing brilliant.

https://beautifulnoisedocumentary.com

Wow! That's a bold statement. You realize I'm buying vinyl, right? It was only $19.95, but I actually bought two of their albums and passed on the best of...
Hehe, easy to make a bold statement when I know you won't be disappointed! ;) But let me know. The offer stands!

If you're into the Twins you need to watch "Beautiful Noise." It's a documentary of the shoegazing movement featuring CT, Jesus and Mary Chain, Slowdive, MBV, Ride and others. It's ****ing brilliant.

https://beautifulnoisedocumentary.com
Wow, never heard of that documentary but I will definitely check it out. A lot of good memories with those bands. Thanks, VAS!

Hehe, easy to make a bold statement when I know you won't be disappointed! ;) But let me know. The offer stands!

Wow, never heard of that documentary but I will definitely check it out. A lot of good memories with those bands. Thanks, VAS!

No worries. I think you can watch it for free on some website. Just google it.

fury didn't like Joy Division, so his level of taste is suspect. :wink1:

How can anyone not like Joy Division?!

Have fun! Spa sounds awesome... Get a nice massage... With a happy ending. !

Hehe :) Lots of weird treatments, ice scrubs and other suspect stuff.

Saw Days of Future Past today. Meh. Please give Marvel their rights back.

Joy Division wasn't my favorite. But I'm confident I'll like the Twins.

JD made me want to kill myself, so... There's that. :lol

Haven't listened to side 2 yet though...

Interesting that without his mask and cloak Prowse looks just like Anakin from The Clone Wars.

89d7e18b145906d46865b78b6ca83b8650dcaccc.jpg

9075d500094a224f7ad7323edbf8c278f27250e7.jpg

e5521e3c2796d931ff7a69a7868a0a56fb5ef62c.jpg

Joy Division wasn't my favorite. But I'm confident I'll like the Twins.

JD made me want to kill myself, so... There's that. :lol

Haven't listened to side 2 yet though...
Lol, I hear ya. To be honest, I think they are a little bit of an aquired taste and not as easy to get into as say New Order. Even as a teen I had to work a bit through the music but once I 'got it', I was hooked.

Interesting that without his mask and cloak Prowse looks just like Anakin from The Clone Wars.

89d7e18b145906d46865b78b6ca83b8650dcaccc.jpg

Pretty sure that's not Prowse... I can't recall his name, but he either was the guy used for the fight scenes, or at least when practicing them.

Pretty sure that's not Prowse... I can't recall his name, but he either was the guy used for the fight scenes, or at least when practicing them.

That's Bob Anderson. The late sword master, who was also involved with ROTJ, The Princess Bride, The Mask of Zorro and LOTR to name a few.

Back