(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Walked into Walmart on my way to work and couldn't resist buying this:

bb5162001b223380512e9546833846eb.jpg

It's nice to see fun stuff in stores again. I'm so tired of the repetitive Hasbro crap...

They've got these at Barnes and Noble. It's kind of neat seeing figure more in line from when I was a kid.

I've got lots of prints to sell too... :panic:

Add me to that list. Once I get bookcases up, I'm not going to have a lot of wall space and I already have my "must have" list filled, one

I remember then being originals from a warehouse find.

Damn, makes me wish I would have ordered them then. I checked eBay prices and the legit ones are ridiculously priced.

I hope they found the Lost Ark in there too. I'd pay deep money for that then donate it to my awesome buddy, Titus!! :rock

Aww dude, you're too kind. ;)

Always seems that by the time I get caught up in here, I'm too exhausted to post. I decided to make exhaustion the enemy and take a picture for you guys. Puca had no intentions of becoming an indoor cat and I finally gave in. Gonna keep tabs on her when I can, but so far she's not going far from the building. She's also not going out at night. Lots of factors are making it look like a better decision than it first appeared.

IMG_20140824_081118_edit_zpse0a0cfaa.jpg

(My niece is going to kill me when she finds out. It was nice knowing you guys.)

My cats are all indoor cats. The oldest was an outdoor rescue and he still tries to get out but we keep him inside. They're all de-clawed so it's for the own safety more than anything.

I hope FLOSI and our other California friends are ok. Please check in FLOSI buddy! Saw there was an earthquake in the Bay Area in the news this morning. They said it was the largest one since 1989!!!

I heard from Flosi. It woke him up, but he said it was nothing more than a strong shake.

Glad to hear he and the rest of the CA boardies are ok. Just the thought of an earthquake scares the **** out of me. We had a small one here in NJ right after Superstorm Sandy. It was such a weird feeling.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I'm enjoying a Safari Amber at the bar in Animal Kingdom. I love here because I feel like Indy. I want to walk up to random people and say "you lookin' fer me?"

:lol

This is how you do the ice bucket challenge. :rock

My ***** thanks you for posting this.

****. I'm 55 pages behind. :thud:
I give up! I won't do it. Maybe I'll go back 5 pages, so I'm an even 50 behind...

WELCOME BACK!!! I missed your super-ultra-mega multiquotes. ;)

They've got these at Barnes and Noble. It's kind of neat seeing figure more in line from when I was a kid.

Exactly. And seeing this in Walmart made me lose my mind. I already have the blue carded set from SDCC but wanted an opener. This is perfect. I can't wait to get the rest of the Reaction lines.

Walked into Walmart on my way to work and couldn't resist buying this:

bb5162001b223380512e9546833846eb.jpg

It's nice to see fun stuff in stores again. I'm so tired of the repetitive Hasbro crap...

Wish there were more "true" toys out there. Nowadays everything has an electronic sound or whiz-bang feature so the kid doesn't need to use their imagination. What's the fun in that?! Lego is still very good at inspiring creativity, just about everything else does it for you.

Exactly. And seeing this in Walmart made me lose my mind. I already have the blue carded set from SDCC but wanted an opener. This is perfect. I can't wait to get the rest of the Reaction lines.

I was shocked to see them where I did. I didn't figure stores would have the guts to put these out with how toys are today. Don't get me wrong today's figures are cool. It there is just something neat seeing these as you said. Yeah, I don't blame ya. I wouldn't open that SDCC set either. I am curious to see what they do with this line going forward.

Thank JJJ for that one or we wouldn't know it existed. :rock

Why then thank you JJJ. :lol

Wish there were more "true" toys out there. Nowadays everything has an electronic sound or whiz-bang feature so the kid doesn't need to use their imagination. What's the fun in that?! Lego is still very good at inspiring creativity, just about everything else does it for you.

Good point. Though a lot of LEGO purists say that even they aren't as creative as they used to be. LEGO, while they definitely have more playability, they've gone with more and more themed sets. You don't see the random buckets of plain LEGO anymore.

I was shocked to see them where I did. I didn't figure stores would have the guts to put these out with how toys are today. Don't get me wrong today's figures are cool. It there is just something neat seeing these as you said. Yeah, I don't blame ya. I wouldn't open that SDCC set either. I am curious to see what they do with this line going forward.

I had heard B&N had got them a few months ago and that didn't surprise me at all as they carry a lot of specialty items lately. I was definitely shocked to hear that Walmart, TRU and supposedly Target will carry them. It's a niche item that I don't think kids would get the appeal of. In Walmart it was in the Funko aisle by checkout and not in the toy aisle. As for the future of the lines, they keep expanding the list licenses and for the last 2 years, Reaction has been one of the hottest exclusives at SDCC. Funko has the novelty market by the balls lately. As long as they keep making vintage properties, I'm sold...

I had heard B&N had got them a few months ago and that didn't surprise me at all as they carry a lot of specialty items lately. I was definitely shocked to hear that Walmart, TRU and supposedly Target will carry them. It's a niche item that I don't think kids would get the appeal of. In Walmart it was in the Funko aisle by checkout and not in the toy aisle. As for the future of the lines, they keep expanding the list licenses and for the last 2 years, Reaction has been one of the hottest exclusives at SDCC. Funko has the novelty market by the balls lately. As long as they keep making vintage properties, I'm sold...

That's true they do have some wacky items so them having it does make sense when you look at it that way. I agree total shocker the other stores are carrying it at all. They have been quite hot the last two years. The line at their booth is really nuts for someone who isn't Hasbro or Mattel.

Back