(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

All the Kenner figures are good. :thwak
Can't argue that...
Well, here's another bad Ebay purchase for me. Recently I bought 3 GG busts. I really only wanted one of them (the Spirit Yoda), but it seemed like a good deal. $97 for 3 mini busts. One Spirit Yoda was new/sealed, plus there was a 2nd one that was used, and an Obi-Wan that was used. I opened the two used ones, and neither lit up. I figured the batteries were dead, so I stole some from a Hallmark Ornament I had, in order to test them. The Yoda worked fine, but the switch on the Obi-Wan is broken. Although it does light up, I can't leave it turned on. The switch won't click in like the Yoda switch does. I only paid $97 shipped for all 3, so it was a decent deal, but this hurts my plan of reselling the obi-wan. :gah:
This is the 3rd straight Ebay package I've opened that wasn't as advertised. I bought the regular yoda mini-bust, advertised as brand new, but it was used. And I bought a tin, where I messaged the seller and asked if there were any dings, and he responded there weren't, yet it arrived with 3 dings (which did not occur during shipping). I just can't win!!!

I have an expensive package to open still. I think I'm going to video-tape the box opening, cuz I'm worried about that one... I bought a full case of vinylmations, which should be guaranteed to contain a chase, but the case isn't sealed. They claim they didn't touch it other than removing the shrink wrap. I don't want to discover there is no chase, and have them lie and say it was there when they sent it to me.

Can't argue that...
Well, here's another bad Ebay purchase for me. Recently I bought 3 GG busts. I really only wanted one of them (the Spirit Yoda), but it seemed like a good deal. $97 for 3 mini busts. One Spirit Yoda was new/sealed, plus there was a 2nd one that was used, and an Obi-Wan that was used. I opened the two used ones, and neither lit up. I figured the batteries were dead, so I stole some from a Hallmark Ornament I had, in order to test them. The Yoda worked fine, but the switch on the Obi-Wan is broken. Although it does light up, I can't leave it turned on. The switch won't click in like the Yoda switch does. I only paid $97 shipped for all 3, so it was a decent deal, but this hurts my plan of reselling the obi-wan. :gah:
This is the 3rd straight Ebay package I've opened that wasn't as advertised. I bought the regular yoda mini-bust, advertised as brand new, but it was used. And I bought a tin, where I messaged the seller and asked if there were any dings, and he responded there weren't, yet it arrived with 3 dings (which did not occur during shipping). I just can't win!!!

I have an expensive package to open still. I think I'm going to video-tape the box opening, cuz I'm worried about that one... I bought a full case of vinylmations, which should be guaranteed to contain a chase, but the case isn't sealed. They claim they didn't touch it other than removing the shrink wrap. I don't want to discover there is no chase, and have them lie and say it was there when they sent it to me.

Sorry to hear that bud! If it helps your story may help me. Im looking on ebay for GG Mcquarrie Bust. Ill be extra cautious with who I buy from now.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that bud! If it helps your story may help me. Im looking on ebay for GG Mcquarrie Bust. Ill be extra cautious with who I buy from now.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk
I always try to buy new, when the price difference isn't that big. But it backfired on me that one time, so I figured screw it. Well, buying used backfired on me even worse, so it's back to buying new...

No spoilers, but tonight's episode of Game of Thrones was

:panic: :panic: :panic:

I know. Israel told me (and everybody else) :mad:

I'm waiting for the show to end before watching it but still...

That big meanie.

Maybe you'll forget all this stuff by the time the show ends. :lol

I think the biggest spoiler that ever upset me was when someone said what happened to a character i liked on Boardwalk Empire. That pissed me off.

Punk, I emailed your list to myself so I don't lose it in here. I have Madcow and IronFingaz already. JJJ texted me his, but it's not as easy to get it out of there, it seems, plus it is across multiple texts.

Here is my final list. I regret to inform everyone that I pulled the Royal Guard from the list. Although I think I have it in my personal collection, it is not among the figures I have located. So I'm keeping it until I can confirm I have one. I'm doing the same thing for Chief Chirpa and Teebo (but those weren't on my earlier list)...

2-1B
4-LOM (really Zuckuss)
8D8
AT-AT Commander
AT-AT Driver
Bib Fortuna (cloak somewhat discolored in a few spots--might wash out, not sure)
Biker Scout
Boushh
C3PO
C3PO w/limbs (2)
Cloud Car Pilots (2)
Death Squad Commander
Death Star Droid (black paint mostly wore off)
Dengar
FX-7
Gamorrean Guard
General Madine
Greedo
Hammerhead
Imperial Commander
Jawa
Klaatu
Klaatu Skiff Guard
Lando Skiff Guard
Lobot
Logray
Luke Bespin
Luke Hoth
Luke Jedi (this version has blue saber, no snap on cape)
Nien Nunb
Nikto
R5-D4
Rebel Commander
Rebel Soldiers (2)
Ree Yees
Squid Head
Stormtroopers (4 - most have loose joints and not completely white anymore)
Sy Snootles
The Emperor
Tusken Raider
Ugnaught
Weequay
Wicket
INCOMPLETE figures
Han Solo - Hoth (I have a black gun that looks like his, but I think he only came with blue)
AT-AT Driver (no weapon)
Droopy McCool (no accessories)
Cloud Car Pilot (no communicator)
Bespin Security Guard (has several paint chips)
Tusken Raiders (one with broken stick, one with no stick)
Nien Nunb (gun has a broken tip)
Admiral Ackbar (no staff)
Jawa (no cape)
Bib Fortuna (I actually have the cloak, but it is off of the figure. I couldn't figure out how to get it back on)
Lando (no cape)
Snowtroopers (no capes)
Gamorrean Guard (has one broken foot)
I have a bunch of loose weapons as well. Here is a pic of them. But I'm skeptical to sell any I don't have 2 of, just in case, since I have not matched up my weapons to figures yet (mine from childhood are in a container; I don't think I lost any as a kid, but I don't know for sure).
View attachment 103841

What's your email I can send it. That may be better.

No spoilers, but tonight's episode of Game of Thrones was

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Best stuff !

Hope there are some figures left for me when I have time to look at your list tomorrow afternoon, Ken. :(

Thanks for the opportunity, :D

Back