Flash Fiction Contest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FAN FICTION CONTEST????

Anyone have any idea when Sideshow will be posting anything on this?
We were told week of the 20th...
I am nervous as heck and the anticipation is killing me....lol
:banghead

Re: FAN FICTION CONTEST????

They told us during Toy Fair that it would be later this week.

Personally, I expect to see the winners announced in the newsletter Thursday night. They might surprise me and post them sooner, but I would expect such a major announcement to be a way of getting people to read the newsletter or listen to the podcast, etc. However they do it, the wait is only a little longer! I'm really hoping that the winners are board members!

Yeah a board member would be great!!!
i was hoping it wouldnt be the newsletter but youre probably right. It would be a great way to get alot of newsletters read.....

They should've announced the 3rd place winner yesterday, 2nd today, and 1st in the newsletter. Just would've lead for more discussion and anticipation. So if you win, what piece are you going to get?

Darth Loki said:
They should've announced the 3rd place winner yesterday, 2nd today, and 1st in the newsletter. Just would've lead for more discussion and anticipation. So if you win, what piece are you going to get?

This is a brilliant idea, and I wish Sideshow had though of it!! It would have been an excellent way of building buzz and suspense. But they would actually have had to start Monday, since there are third, second, first, and grand prize winners.

Hmmphh, they're making us wait... guess they will announce on Friday...

Shout out to VizCad: we got tickets to LOTR musical on May 10th, Orchestra centre. That's the earliest I could get great seats for, for a group of 6. It's $115/ticket, we got a $10 discount for the troubles earlier... :)

Beren

who ever the First Place winner is, I really hope he or she picks other than the Cave Troll. I mean, the Buffy and Gentlemen look nice too :D

student_toe5 said:
who ever the First Place winner is, I really hope he or she picks other than the Cave Troll. I mean, the Buffy and Gentlemen look nice too :D

I am taking Darth with my Grand Prize. :D

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY cant wait!!!!!
I hope one of us wins Beren!!!
I guess 10 off is better than none.
talk to you soon!!!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

Must have been a hiccup, as it looks as though they have taken the page down. The link comes up as 'Page not found'. Where are the French, and what are they doing about this?:wacky

creecher said:
Must have been a hiccup, as it looks as though they have taken the page down. The link comes up as 'Page not found'. Where are the French, and what are they doing about this?:wacky

They are hacking your bank account and my 401k :D

Dusty said they weren't supposed to be up until the newsletter came out but somebody found the link early.

They can have my bank account, I just owe charges, never have anything in it, so they'd be doing me a favour. I hope the French succeed. I hate the banks. Bring them down. Super tax them. Let us all enjoy the fruit of our deposits, and ..................Oh jeez I'm heading for a rant. Back to topic. Good luck everyone.

If anyone is interested, it's thursday night chat night. Can celebrate and drown our sorrows there with the virtual beer on tap. :)

Total bummer... I sent in nine submissions, not one of them made it into the top 14? The God-awful amounts of time I spent writing and rewriting these stories (Nov to deadline in mid Jan). The research I did to get a timeline that made sense for the "As seen on eBay" story... Sideshow had a thing about Weta being mentioned, I think. And all of mine were about that, so for your entertainment as fellow LOTR poly freaks... :naughty

#1: ONE MAN'S TRASH IS ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE(498 words)

“Thank God! They took the DVD system!! What a relief.” The house owner almost wept with joy. The police officer shot him a puzzled look.

1 week ago:

Kerrrangggg!! Damn, that was loud. He knew the owner was gone for a few days. Still, big noises in quiet places made him nervous.

He moved into the house, a dark cave hiding untold treasures. Yeah, this would go clean. And he had time. People hid stuff in closets. So predictable.

He dashed upstairs to the bedroom. And paused. Above the bed were 16 dark circles. On closer inspection they each seemed to be depicting… God, some of that stuff was ugly. Was this guy a Satanist? People or things crying out in pain or anger… Weird. The burglar moved towards the closet. Socks, underwear, t-shirts, pants, no money, no jewels. Wait, boxes. He took a closer look. “King of the Dead”. Sounded creepy. He quickly kissed the cross dangling around his neck.

He moved back downstairs. Living room. More stuff on the wall. An old man battling a demon. Religious nut? In the other corner some kind of lizard with wings and a guy with a steel helm sitting atop it. Guy lives alone in a house filled with Satanist images. Maybe he’d come across a serial killer. He’d read about those. Ok, focus! Things I can pawn off to Barney…

He looked down the staircase towards the basement. It was quiet. Too quiet.

Turn on the lights for the basement? I’m not freaking out.

He went down the stairs.

I’ve seen movies like this.

He arrived at the bottom, shone his flashlight around. Ahh, now we’re talking. TV, DVD player, load ‘em up and buzz out. He went closer to the entertainment center. Next to the TV was an assortment of further demon idols. Holy crap, what is that? Demon with horns, bursting in flames and holding a fire whip? A monster with cracked skin holding a giant hammer? A zombie thing wearing a crown and holding a frickin’ knife? Who was this guy?

I don’t know and I don’t wanna find out. He quickly got to work, grabbed the DVD player and receiver. This will get me about $50 at Barney’s, pisses me off, if this dude were here right now I’d show him to waste my time like this and give him some… what was that? Did he hear footsteps above him? Was someone breathing down his neck? He turned and came face to face with a bodiless head. Smaller, with a mean stare and pointy ears. And a mean case of psoriasis. Nestled on a book shelf. He almost dropped the flashlight. Screw it, I’m outta here. And he made off with a three year old DVD player and receiver for which he got $30 from Barney.

And so the owner of the house came back the next week to find his DVD system gone. And most happy to find his Sideshow Collectibles in place.

Back