Fixing the KANE and DALLAS low head problem in 5 minutes !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Private McLEOD

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just received my Dallas. This figures goes beyond my expectations in every aspects. The lights fonctions are amazing features. That said, the head being very low in the helmet really bugged me. This is something I just can't elude. So, yesterday, I watched the movie again and this is obvious that the head should be centered in the helmet to be movie accurate. I started to elaborate complicated processes to extend the neck with putty or redone the helmet padded base, etc.
Then, I seen a loose HT neck post in my spare item box... The solution is ridiculously obvious and simple. I think maybe some people here would find it helpfull.

Take a Hot Toys neck post and saw off the upper part.
neckpost1.jpg
neckpost2.jpg

Then Superglue the lower part on Dallas neck.
156_5620.jpg
156_5621.jpg

THAT'S IT !!! You've got a better proportionned and movie accurate Dallas.
156_5623.jpg
156_5625.jpg

156_5626.jpg
156_5627.jpg

156_5629.jpg
156_5630.jpg

Hope this helps.
Sylvain

Last edited:
Re: Fixing the KANE and DALLAS low head in 5 minutes !

doesn't really bother me but great help ! :rock

Doesn't it look like his neck is really long though ?.

I think the whole sitting low thing has gone a bit far. As I said in my video review I did on youtube it did appear really low at first but in hand I think its fine and looks awesome.
Besides I would rather have a low head because I would always know under the suits top half it looks like this. :lol:lol
S-00393.jpg

LOVE that shot with Kane / Facehugger... I really want to display it minus the facehugger but now dammit I'm tempted to buy two somehow so I can do that!!

Great idea!!!!

I'll be trying that out soon as I get my figures!!!

Thanks for sharing!! :banana

Bri:naughty

Nice work Sylvain!

Hi guys,
I just received my Dallas. This figures goes beyond my expectations in every aspects. The lights fonctions are amazing features. That said, the head being very low in the helmet really bugged me. This is something I just can't elude. So, yesterday, I watched the movie again and this is obvious that the head should be centered in the helmet to be movie accurate. I started to elaborate complicated processes to extend the neck with putty or redone the helmet padded base, etc.
Then, I seen a loose HT neck post in my spare item box... The solution is ridiculously obvious and simple. I think maybe some people here would find it helpfull.

Take a Hot Toys neck post and saw off the upper part.
neckpost1.jpg
neckpost2.jpg

Then Superglue the lower part on Dallas neck.
156_5620.jpg
156_5621.jpg

THAT'S IT !!! You've got a better proportionned and movie accurate Dallas.
156_5623.jpg
156_5625.jpg

156_5626.jpg
156_5627.jpg

156_5629.jpg
156_5630.jpg

Hope this helps.
Sylvain

Back