Fitting head on TTM20 Help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artsidius

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently got a 1/6th head sculpted through Peter and the hole is his standard size but won't fit the neck of the TTM20 body I am using to build the figure. I am looking for any advise on how to go about fitting the head so that it sits comfortably and also has articulation.

I'm leaning more towards the Hot Toys T-800 heads where there's a wide gap at the underside of the jaw area. Would that even be possible here? Included some pictures of the issue.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Sid.

IMG_20140530_091954.jpg

IMG_20140530_091823.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140530_091823.jpg
    IMG_20140530_091823.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20140530_091954.jpg
    IMG_20140530_091954.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20140530_091954.jpg
    IMG_20140530_091954.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 105
Dremel the head's neck to make the hole bigger to fit on the neck of the body.

Like this
uploadfromtaptalk1401547682747.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I used dremel. Its easier to handle. Get the one with multi speed. Dremel 3000 is what I have. And for the bits I use those

uploadfromtaptalk1401548433619.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401548476237.jpg

I never dremel on head sculpts before and I self-taught myself by studying various of head sculpts from neckless to neck for peg/connector. To be honest it's not hard as it looks.

Got to have steady hands. Hold the head firm in one hand while you dremel with another hand. An eye for the details helps to make it look good and fit well on the neck of body or on connector. It is messy. :lol

I enjoy dremeling. Saves me $$ rather than sending my heads out to someone and pay them to drill out the neck for me.

There's some threads under customs- how to and there were people discussing about drilling and dremeling, etc.,

Good luck! :duff

There's some threads under customs- how to and there were people discussing about drilling and dremeling, etc.,

Good luck! :duff

Thanks a lot. You have been very helpful. Honestly, I feel the same about spending money on someone who simply retrofits it to the body type.

I will try to be very cautious when doing it.

Also, is there a specific look you can achieve so it fits better to each body type? Like the Arnold headsculpts often have the gap up to his ear to fit the muscular bodies of Hot toys. Included a picture for reference.

Do I need special tubing or putty later to apply over the ball connector of the head so the head can easily rotate?

Thanks again.

$_57 (1).JPG

Ah I'm not sure about the putty. I didn't have the need to add putty so far. Although I have heard of some people that did. As for the specific looks to fit on the body? I just followed my vision of what I wanted my head sculpt to look like and go with it. It usually worked out for me. If you want depth explanation on those issues I'd wait til someone answers your questions or you can search on the How To custom threads.

Ah I'm not sure about the putty. I didn't have the need to add putty so far. Although I have heard of some people that did. As for the specific looks to fit on the body? I just followed my vision of what I wanted my head sculpt to look like and go with it. It usually worked out for me. If you want depth explanation on those issues I'd wait til someone answers your questions or you can search on the How To custom threads.

I see. I will try your method first and see how I fare. Maybe I'll try a test sculpt. Thanks again for your help. Really appreciate it!

Sid.

Be careful with the head as Pete does a split sculpt normally so the head is 2 halves stuck together from ear to ear. You would be ok dremelling slowly but i would not drill as it might split in half.

Be careful with the head as Pete does a split sculpt normally so the head is 2 halves stuck together from ear to ear. You would be ok dremelling slowly but i would not drill as it might split in half.

Thanks man. I did notice that. That's my real fear. I don't want it breaking at that split.

Thanks man. I did notice that. That's my real fear. I don't want it breaking at that split.

This is very important. I've bought many sculpts from Peter and I've split one before. I've dremeled several and slow and steady is the order of the day.

Suggestion: get that Arnold head and put it side by side with the head you want to modify, get a pencil and copy the cut and outline of the HT Arnold neck line. It will make stuff much easier.

This is very important. I've bought many sculpts from Peter and I've split one before. I've dremeled several and slow and steady is the order of the day.

Suggestion: get that Arnold head and put it side by side with the head you want to modify, get a pencil and copy the cut and outline of the HT Arnold neck line. It will make stuff much easier.

Terrific Idea. I will get the arnold head off ebay and apply your technique. Thanks for the input Zebraten. Much appreciated.

If you have access to a drill press then set it on the slowest setting and insert the right size bit. Pull down slowly and you will be done in like a minute.

Back