First Time Seller on EBay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAC83

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm toying with the idea of selling off or trading my SS TaunTaun and Luke Hoth Ex. as a combined package.

I'm located in South Africa and I have never sold any items on eBay. Do you guys have any advice for a first time seller/trader?

Greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just started as well, here's a couple tips that I've found helpful:

- Don't use auction style listings. Put items at a fixed price - that way, the person has to pay immediately. There are many people who don't pay up after standard auctions.

- Provide clear pictures of the items and boxes. Be honest about their conditions - for example, if there is minor box damage or if the item was displayed for an extended amount of time.

- Respond to inquiries/offers as quickly and politely as you can. This will build trust between you and potential buyers.

- Get delivery confirmation for ALL items! It's fairly cheap and it will help in the long run. Otherwise, the buyer can claim the item never arrived and get their money back.

I prefer auctions myself. I haven't sold a lot of stuff on ebay but I've never had any problem with people not paying.

Declaring all issues with a figure/statue isn't just about honesty - along with clear pics, it's a good filter against those uber-nerds who would otherwise take you to task or initiate a claim over shelf wear on boxes and the like.

I just started as well, here's a couple tips that I've found helpful:

- Don't use auction style listings. Put items at a fixed price - that way, the person has to pay immediately. There are many people who don't pay up after standard auctions.

- Provide clear pictures of the items and boxes. Be honest about their conditions - for example, if there is minor box damage or if the item was displayed for an extended amount of time.

- Respond to inquiries/offers as quickly and politely as you can. This will build trust between you and potential buyers.

- Get delivery confirmation for ALL items! It's fairly cheap and it will help in the long run. Otherwise, the buyer can claim the item never arrived and get their money back.

Thanks Medusoid for the very helpful advice!

I prefer auctions myself. I haven't sold a lot of stuff on ebay but I've never had any problem with people not paying.

Declaring all issues with a figure/statue isn't just about honesty - along with clear pics, it's a good filter against those uber-nerds who would otherwise take you to task or initiate a claim over shelf wear on boxes and the like.

I actually never thought about taking detailed pics of packaging. Good point though! From a buyers perspective what would be the issues of figures that have been display for a prolonged period? All my figures are displayed in a glass cabinet in a dark office.

I actually never thought about taking detailed pics of packaging. Good point though! From a buyers perspective what would be the issues of figures that have been display for a prolonged period? All my figures are displayed in a glass cabinet in a dark office.
Yea, some people are nuts on there and go crazy over the smallest things. They expect the seller to be a PSA grader.:lol

Others just want the "new" figure feeling when they buy. An older properly displayed piece can actually be better than a NIB one that has never been out of the box. Humidity and temps vary more in storage than living spaces so more chance of damage to a new figure that sits in the basement or somewhere similar.

Back