Finished- King Leonidas "300" custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedex9r

Super Freak
Reaction score
G'day All

Firstly I would like to thank you all for all the support, tips and encouragement that you gave me over the course of this build.

I would also like to give kudos to all the other artists who have also taken the plunge and built their own 300 Leonidas. It was seeing these great customs that inspired me to attempt one of my own version of this character.

My work in progress can be found here so that other aspiring collectors can use this as a guide. Feel free to use any of my tips.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25405

So without further delay, I present my finished "300" King Leonidas 1/6 figure.

There is only one more thing to do which I am still unsure about. That is do I add the blood ? I like the clean look of him now, I don't want the blood to look over the top. Something to ponder maybe.

f34.jpg

f30.jpg

f14.jpg

f5.jpg

f7.jpg

f26.jpg

f35.jpg

f20.jpg

f25.jpg

f39.jpg

You can see some more images on my Flickr site that links from my signature.

cheers

A good figure review bears repeating...

This custom Leonidas is a perfect example of effective and efficient custom figure art. Takes existing materials, adds to them, reproduces almost exactly what is desired in the way of a finished figure, that looks like a compatible company produced figure as well, ie., a "dream figure" for one that is not out there like this, and makes it real! Perfect execution. Just brilliant. Clean, dead on. You made it look easy, even though I doubt it was.

The cape really makes it complete.

Begs for some sweat and grime, but on these HT rubber bodies, that may not be so easy to accomplish.

Super work Zed! :rock

G'day All

First of all thanks for the kind comments. Glad to see the hard work paid off.

A lot of trial and error went into this figure, especially the cape and I am very happy with the way he turned out. I was trying to get him finished as quickly as possible after I put on the last Work in Progress pictures in the other thread https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25405 but the material and colour for the cape kept holding me up as I just wasn't 100% happy. Many different textures and colours and I finally found the right one.

Reinhardt- The material I ended up using was a textured stretch material of some sort. I just went fishing through the rolls of material at my local Lincraft until I found what I needed. Not sure of the name of it but it is fairly heavy and stretchy.

here are some pics of the material. The close up shots make it look like a knitted weave but in real life it is smooth with a slight texture.

cape9.jpg

cape7.jpg

cape5.jpg

cape2.jpg

and just for laughs, here are a couple of colour variations to Leonidas's cape.

capecolours.jpg

:rotfl

Cheers

Last edited:
G'day All

Here is a couple of photoshops I have just finished to show off my custom "300" King Leonidas. Hope you like :)

300poster2.jpg

300banner.jpg

300banner2.jpg

enjoy

cheers

Last edited:
Excellent Job, couldn't have done a better job. That figure is an example of why we get into customs and kitbashing in the first place.

Back