Finally got my Hudson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, you Hot Toys Colonial Marines "Rookies" are right, the stock Hudson head does look more like Biehn. We've known this for a while.

The head mold was used by Hot Toys before for one of their Vietnamese Era US soldiers dubbed "The Stoner"...but it was hard to see the sculpt because the face had camo painted all over it.

Several customizers have repainted this head as Hicks and I believe our own Figuremaster Les used this head-mold as the base for his two Hicks custom-head molds...both of which he modified with some extra sculpty-stuff.

Yep, you Hot Toys Colonial Marines "Rookies" are right, the stock Hudson head does look more like Biehn. We've known this for a while.

The head mold was used by Hot Toys before for one of their Vietnamese Era US soldiers dubbed "The Stoner"...but it was hard to see the sculpt because the face had camo painted all over it.

Several customizers have repainted this head as Hicks and I believe our own Figuremaster Les used this head-mold as the base for his two Hicks custom-head molds...both of which he modified with some extra sculpty-stuff.
So why did Hot Toys base "The Stoner" on Biehn? Since it does have such a good likeness, why not use the head for the actual Hicks and Reese figures?

I've just ordered Hudson which is on its way and about to be sent the FF custom head.

Can someone tell me what kind of head I need for him, the socket version or the flat neck attatchment??

This is the neckpost that the bodies need.

IMG_2334.jpg

Thanks for the info.

BTW is it just me or does the custom Hudson head not really look like him at all?

I think the custom really looks like him.
I'm still annoyed my Hudson armor snapped in half :lol:monkey2.
I managed to get Hicks thought today and paid for it so thats good news.
:lol

Thanks for the info.

BTW is it just me or does the custom Hudson head not really look like him at all?

I don't think that's an actual Hudson head sculpt. I think I recall him saying that it was another head that he redid to make it look sort of like Hudson. It does resemble him more than the standard Hot Toys head though.

I don't think there have been any spot-on likenesses of Bill Paxton done, but there have been some pretty good ones. The H2creative head is fairly good (you can see it in this completed ebay auction).

I just keep thinking that sculpt looks more like Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit esp with that facial-hair under his lip - he doesnt even have that in the movie!

Gotta tell ya, man - I can't see it and never have done, not so much that it was worth putting on the sculpt like that anyway. Whatever it is looks more like a shadow to me, certainly not that bush on the sculpt.

aliens1.jpg
2cha_imghudson.jpg
Aliens06.jpeg

large_aliens.jpg

Ah, yes. I see what you mean! I think I'll still file it off my custom head though when I get it - I'll look fwd to seeing how different it looks compared to everyone else's custom Hudson. Will post pics eventually.

I just realised there are TWO Hudson custom heads out there but one is this one and the other is with a floppy fringe and that worried look on his face - where is that one from if not H2?? Everyone seems to have the floppy fringe one around here but me now. WIll post pic of it when I finish it.

yeah I normally or always have seen the worried look on, but I would prefer to have this normal looking head over the worried one.

Back