Final Shuttle Launch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kabukiman

Greatest Person Ever
Reaction score
Just a friendly reminder for those who may not be aware - The shuttle program's last mission is launching this morning. You can watch space shuttle Atlantis prep live right now at https://www.nasa.gov The launch is scheduled for 11:26 EDT if the weather cooperates.

Thanks, i thought it was next week for some reason. I remember staying home sick from school and watching the first shuttle launch many many years ago!

i always wanted to be an astronaut........but this is as close as i got.......:monkey2
1310122081_fire_extinguisher_office_chair_spinning.gif

but this is fun too..............:banana

Doesn't look like a viable replacement is coming anytime soon :(

can't they juts update/advance the shuttle concept instead of going back to Apollo era ideas?

My father-in-law was an engineer at NASA for many, many years and did quite a bit on the shuttles. It's ironic that he died the same year the space shuttle program did. :(

Shoot. I was able to watch the last one go up with the naked eye from my driveway. Too overcast today, had to watch it on TV. Surprisingly emotional. :(

That was fun. Now we have to sit back and watch the Russians continue space exploration.

Who's decision was it to cancel the shuttle program? Whoever it was, ____ him.

Back