Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some assumptions there that I don’t think have merit. We’ve seen great 3rd party stuff and terrible 1st party stuff and visa versa.

Also, 3rd party aren’t “counterfeit.” They’re just unlicensed so the IP holder isn’t getting paid.

Counterfeit definition:

“made in exact imitation of something valuable or important with the intention to deceive or defraud.
"two men were remanded on bail on a charge of passing counterfeit $10 bills"”
How’s that working out with square enix? Why do GT have to take a break and do death note?

I have GT ichigo cloud and sep. unless you guys have ichigo you shouldn’t get butt hurt since you don’t have their first release. Point is I buy 3rd party and much prefer their creativity. With that said they are NO Inart let’s be honest

Vts and GT are my favorite 3rd party. Dam toys and rocketToys seem like licensed versions of those companies… collect what you want. Can’t forget about Iconiq 🤜🤛

Image: 3rd party vs licensed

Attachments

• D134358A-AE1D-4CFC-B832-02B2294F73F1.jpeg
    D134358A-AE1D-4CFC-B832-02B2294F73F1.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
How’s that working out with square enix? Why do GT have to take a break and do death note?

I have GT ichigo cloud and sep. unless you guys have ichigo you shouldn’t get butt hurt since you don’t have their first release. Point is I buy 3rd party and much prefer their creativity. With that said they are NO Inart let’s be honest

Not “butt hurt” as you so eloquently put it, just have a different opinion and your statement of 3rd party being counterfeit was factually incorrect.

Some assumptions there that I don’t think have merit. We’ve seen great 3rd party stuff and terrible 1st party stuff and visa versa.

Also, 3rd party aren’t “counterfeit.” They’re just unlicensed so the IP holder isn’t getting paid.

Counterfeit definition:

“made in exact imitation of something valuable or important with the intention to deceive or defraud.
"two men were remanded on bail on a charge of passing counterfeit $10 bills"”
Indeed! Check out Star Ace official The Boys figures versus the third party offerings from Eleven, SooSoo, and Premium Toys.

Indeed! Check out Star Ace official The Boys figures versus the third party offerings from Eleven, SooSoo, and Premium Toys.
Exactly my previous point. An artist like Eleven has some genuine talent regardless of his unofficial status. Licensed Star Ace stuff looks pretty bad from everything I've seen from them.

Exactly my previous point. An artist like Eleven has some genuine talent regardless of his unofficial status. Licensed Star Ace stuff looks pretty bad from everything I've seen from them.
Inart in my opinion is next level of licensed masterpieces

Attachments

• 76C3787D-39C9-4316-9A67-6EBD3C88AEDC.jpeg
    76C3787D-39C9-4316-9A67-6EBD3C88AEDC.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 89B38B87-4868-4BAB-8CA9-11D818752E2D.jpeg
    89B38B87-4868-4BAB-8CA9-11D818752E2D.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 0
  • BD7A3EC0-5EFC-4627-8CAF-3202023C0BF4.jpeg
    BD7A3EC0-5EFC-4627-8CAF-3202023C0BF4.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20E80630-50FE-4759-9060-82C6CEFC1A26.jpeg
    20E80630-50FE-4759-9060-82C6CEFC1A26.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
  • C73B1695-C65D-426C-949A-0E93CFB0A45C.jpeg
    C73B1695-C65D-426C-949A-0E93CFB0A45C.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 0
Viper's the head honcho for InArt and he cut his teeth on doing unlicensed stuff too. I get where you're coming from, having the license provides benefits like access to reference materials and a bigger budget to work with, but to harness that there needs to be a dedication to craft and a genuine want to provide something that your target audience will be happy to own. That's why GT attract so much attention, even without licensing they're putting out stuff that far outstrips what SE themselves are providing, and at a fair price point.

Not a fair comparison here but I thought I'd make it anyway - you can probably get GT Cloud + Hardy for around £500-600. That's steep but everyone in here knows what you get for that. SE are currently selling a replica of the chessboard that Xehanort and Eraqus play in KH3 for £650. The pieces aren't even gold or silver plated, they're painted.

One officially licensed company doing an incredible job doesn't justify a point that's half true at best. Having access to more reference material doesn't guarantee you'll have a quality product. Star Ace figures are a joke. Lim Toys (who don't have a license), made an Arthur Morgan figure accurate down to the individual moles on his body and one of the best selling figures in recent years. Licensing or no licensing doesn't guarantee one product will be better than another.

Having the license = quality is the most untrue thing you will see in this hobby. The only one that's actually doing high end 1/6 figures with licenses is Hot Toys, Inart and RocketToys (if you count anime figures).

Outside of that, you have a bunch of custom artists and third party companies doing stuff that license companies won't. GameToys, SooSooToys, LimToys, Present Toys, Art Toys (incredible Edward Scissor Hand figure release recently), etc etc. Having the license means jack **** and quite honestly some of these companies don't even deserve to have them. Why the hell is Star Ace still in business? They're straight up running a scam operation with the quality they put out on their production figures. Same goes for Sideshow honestly. They have been in this business making 1/6 figure almost as long as Hot Toys and has done nothing but remain stagnant in their quality and output. It's embarrassing. Thank god for third party companies.

Guess which figure is the licensed one and which one is a 'counterfeit".

MltUw5w.jpg

snd1lDg.jpg

Why is this even a discussion in this thread when a certain company refuses to even have a 1/6th line of figures for one of the biggest game franchises on the planet, so we have to rely on unlicensed companies to actually give fans what they want.

Viper's the head honcho for InArt and he cut his teeth on doing unlicensed stuff too. I get where you're coming from, having the license provides benefits like access to reference materials and a bigger budget to work with, but to harness that there needs to be a dedication to craft and a genuine want to provide something that your target audience will be happy to own. That's why GT attract so much attention, even without licensing they're putting out stuff that far outstrips what SE themselves are providing, and at a fair price point.

Not a fair comparison here but I thought I'd make it anyway - you can probably get GT Cloud + Hardy for around £500-600. That's steep but everyone in here knows what you get for that. SE are currently selling a replica of the chessboard that Xehanort and Eraqus play in KH3 for £650. The pieces aren't even gold or silver plated, they're painted.
SE would truly charge you double, if not triple the price compared to a company like GT for any of their 1/6 figures if they produced them.

Back