Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so you know, each Detolf is 80lbs (36.3Kg) so make sure the base furniture can handle the weight.
The Kallax cube's max weight load is only 29lbs (13Kg)
Recommending this is like recommending expired food because you didn't have trouble with it.

1672961531247.png

Just so you know, each Detolf is 80lbs (36.3Kg) so make sure the base furniture can handle the weight.
Recommending this is like recommending expired food because you didn't have trouble with it.

View attachment 616480
Well that's concerning. I guess it's why I never looked at these as an option. Now I don't know if I want to use them. I was surprised when I picked them up how light they were. Didn't realize they weren't a decent wood.

So now that I'm working this out in my head. It has a shelf weight of 29 lbs, which makes sense because you have suspended space to keep up. But the detolf has the 4 points of contact, which would sit at the brace points for the kallax, not the suspended shelf space. Anyone with an engineering background able to work this one out? It may not be as bad as I thought. But I'm also pretty iffy on this now.

Last edited:

View attachment 616480

That is saying the max load per shelf is 29lbs, as in if you were to put an item inside the Kallax. IKEA did not account for people turning it on its side and using it as a riser for the Detolf. They offer no guidance for that scenario. However, I'm no engineer, but considering the inner shelf is thinner than the outside walls, and the outer walls are supported by the inner shelves while on its side, the supportive strength of the entire unit is much stronger than the single inner shelf.

It seems much more likely that the Detolf would topple/tip over than the Kallax be crushed by the weight of the Detolfs.

That is saying the max load per shelf is 29lbs, as in if you were to put an item inside the Kallax. IKEA did not account for people turning it on its side and using it as a riser for the Detolf. They offer no guidance for that scenario. However, I'm no engineer, but considering the inner shelf is thinner than the outside walls, and the outer walls are supported by the inner shelves while on its side, the supportive strength of the entire unit is much stronger than the single inner shelf.

It seems much more likely that the Detolf would topple/tip over than the Kallax be crushed by the weight of the Detolfs.

I second this. Coming from a structural engineering background, it shouldn't be an issue. You could think of the kallax as a simply supported beam at the top with the two sidewalls as the supports. The span of the kallax isn't great enough to actually develop much stress within the inner shelves. And although wood is weak in tension, the load would shed towards the sidewalls and would equate into a compressive load (which wood is strongest under). Lastly, its not like its a point load within the center span of the kallax, it would be more of a distributed load across the inner shelf which would create less stress.

TLDR: I wouldn't be concerned

I own Kallax as well and I know it's inside structure. It's NOT built to handle Detolf kinda weight.
Detolf alone is known for random explosion due to unbalance, small shocks or assembly issues.
If you want to risk yourself, then go ahead. However do not recommend it to others unless you are willing to cover the damage when something happens.
Because I know IKEA won't.

I'm no help on this subject as both my detolfs are in my room, on the floor.
But I can't imagine coming home to shattered glass and figures all over the floor. Nightmare fuel!!

My heart was broken enough after my coldcast Kotobukiya Tifa statue fell off a shelf and shattered, I can't even conceive an entire shelving unit plus its contents.

Gametoys news are really dead for a while...
Cloud AC should be released in Q1 2023 and we have no news since the pre-orders of 10 months ago.
Same thing for Tifa, we should have had the pre-order after Zack's release, that is 5 months ago.
It's starting to be really long :rolleyes:

Gametoys news are really dead for a while...
Cloud AC should be released in Q1 2023 and we have no news since the pre-orders of 10 months ago.
Same thing for Tifa, we should have had the pre-order after Zack's release, that is 5 months ago.
It's starting to be really long :rolleyes:
I think Cloud will be late, most likely Q2. And I suspect they're trying to avoid heat from Square Enix right now by keeping a very low profile. I imagine they didn't take too lightly to their pics being leaked to Twitter. For us, it's a minor inconvenience. To them, it's a lawsuit and a shutdown of an amazing company. I agree it's sad we don't see/hear much; I reminisce about our weekly Walter updates, but for the sake of the company and our figures, it's for the best.

I imagine the twitter stuff is probably what factored into L and Kira being their next figures. I'm anxious to see more stuff about AC Cloud too, we did at least hear a couple of weeks back from one of the insiders (not Walter, forgive me for not recalling the name) that Fenrir is turning out quite well in production though.

I imagine the twitter stuff is probably what factored into L and Kira being their next figures. I'm anxious to see more stuff about AC Cloud too, we did at least hear a couple of weeks back from one of the insiders (not Walter, forgive me for not recalling the name) that Fenrir is turning out quite well in production though.
Good info. I missed out on GT’s original Cloud release and I am really looking forward to the AC version for my gaming shelf. GT and Tunshi Studios are becoming two of my favorite third party 1/6 figure producers.

Good info. I missed out on GT’s original Cloud release and I am really looking forward to the AC version for my gaming shelf. GT and Tunshi Studios are becoming two of my favorite third party 1/6 figure producers.
I'm the same, missed out on Cloud, Sephiroth and Zack - found out about AC Cloud the day orders went live, decided I couldn't let myself down again and took the plunge on the full set. GT, Tunshi, Dam and Lim are all killing it in the 1/6th gaming figures sphere and long may it continue.

I don't think I would factor the exposure as a reason for a change in the FF7 rollout. I think Gametoys might just be a bit behind their original projections. Zack had delays because of the head sculpt, which I think has moved everything out a couple of months. The pre-orders for L and Kira before Tifa I could see maybe... But Walter did say they are re-doing the sculpt (again) due to the boss's drive for perfection.

I said this a few pages back, but the PAK AC Cloud was my very first 'large scale' figure I ever bought when I was old enough to afford nicer figures, and now to get him in 1/6 from such a reputable 3rd party has me absolutely ecstatic. I definitely guarantee we're looking at a Q2, maybe around May release though.

PAK AC Cloud is a great figure, I always thought the wired skirt was a nice touch. Wish they did mixed media more often. Only thing that figure was missing was properly combinable Fusion Swords imo.

Dont forget RocketToys :D They seem great so far too!

I also miss the updates :O
With the Covid Situation it will surely be Q2

Dont forget RocketToys :D They seem great so far too!

I also miss the updates :O
With the Covid Situation it will surely be Q2
Yeah but RocketToys are legit. Full licensed figures. Gametoys bleach was great but rockettoys will have the correct resources to make “the best and most accurate figure”.

Licensing has nothing to do with an accurate figure. Hot Toys and Threezero often have inaccuracies.

That's all talent and eye to detail.
Licensed figures have correct source material and have to get approved. The licenser has final say. So what you may think is not right the licenser might have requested. 3rd party has very limited sources to make the product. Hence being counterfeit

3rd party = counterfeit
Licensed = legitimate

Licensed figures have correct source material and have to get approved. The licenser has final say. So what you may think is not right the licenser might have requested. 3rd party has very limited sources to make the product. Hence being counterfeit

3rd party = counterfeit
Licensed = legitimate
Some assumptions there that I don’t think have merit. We’ve seen great 3rd party stuff and terrible 1st party stuff and visa versa.

Also, 3rd party aren’t “counterfeit.” They’re just unlicensed so the IP holder isn’t getting paid.

Counterfeit definition:

“made in exact imitation of something valuable or important with the intention to deceive or defraud.
"two men were remanded on bail on a charge of passing counterfeit $10 bills"”

Some assumptions there that I don’t think have merit. We’ve seen great 3rd party stuff and terrible 1st party stuff and visa versa.

Also, 3rd party aren’t “counterfeit.” They’re just unlicensed so the IP holder isn’t getting paid.

Counterfeit definition:

“made in exact imitation of something valuable or important with the intention to deceive or defraud.
"two men were remanded on bail on a charge of passing counterfeit $10 bills"”

Yeah agreed, third party in no way means 'counterfeit'. It's really rare that we get "counterfeit" figures in this hobby. The closest thing we get is stuff from Redman and Present Toys, which are recasts, but they're not selling it as though it was the original custom figure ... which in that case would make it counterfeit.

Starting the argument, in this thread of all threads, that unlicensed figures aren't as good as licensed figures is the wrong way to go.

Back