Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F2B045CD-E993-495A-9859-A9B39CF5A243.jpeg

BF6E7026-9F05-46AC-B817-90BBDE9FC620.jpeg
72E9ED40-B291-4BAB-881E-F593583FE1B6.jpeg

moveable eyes is just testing. not confirmed in future product.

I think its quite hard to make a anime style character like this not to look like a sex doll lol. Especially when silicone and big busts are involved! 😅 . Also doesn't help that she's half naked here lol, but get out of that mindset, I think artistically it looks great.

As for likeness, I think they did a great job for it being in silicone, I also think it looks better than the Gametoys head, just more like life and not emotionless like what GT has done. I do wonder on the quality of the clothing and if the dye will bleed onto the silicone, that would suck.
Silicone should always have better likeness as long as sculpting and painting are done right. In the movies (I'm working on one right now, but a foot in the door job) silicone is the only thing that'll look real enough to be close as possible for a likeness like when Nebula holds a silicone Star Lord body at the beginning of Guardians 3. Silicone also won't stain and doesn't absorb moisture unless it's not the real stuff (no way SGD tifa is the real thing for the low price). Look up Bobby C David The Lost Boys for a good example of the real deal (but also costs a fortune).

I do wish they showed Tifa fully clothed lol. I want to see a Cloud done well.

Here's a pic of the Creation tifa by someone on FB. Also silicone, but I wish they made the battle outfit and a battle pose
1000043725.jpg

Tifa Kuji game prize arrived today. Definitely well worth the price (100 dollars plus shipping) from Mercari via Buyee. I love the pose and the action shot and the details are pretty good for the size and price.

View attachment 694587
View attachment 694588

View attachment 694589
View attachment 694590
Just adding to this, apparently it's been difficult for some players to get the prize at this point. But they're still going for around 140 on Ebay and 100 on Mercari.

Just adding to this, apparently it's been difficult for some players to get the prize at this point. But they're still going for around 140 on Ebay and 100 on Mercari.
I'm hoping a bigger one gets made someday because it's so much better than all the sexy pose tifa's around. Also, if another one is made I hope they mirror the pose because the prize figure uses the wrong arm 😅 it's still very cool though and I love it

I think its quite hard to make a anime style character like this not to look like a sex doll lol. Especially when silicone and big busts are involved! 😅 . Also doesn't help that she's half naked here lol, but get out of that mindset, I think artistically it looks great.

As for likeness, I think they did a great job for it being in silicone, I also think it looks better than the Gametoys head, just more like life and not emotionless like what GT has done. I do wonder on the quality of the clothing and if the dye will bleed onto the silicone, that would suck.
Agreed. I think the "bad" vs. "good" sculpt debates are somewhat because of the difficulty in translation from 2d screen shots to real life materials. i.e. silicone.

Personally, I think it looks great. I don't think any game Tifa translation to real life would be satisfactory for the collectors looking for "accuracy". I notice that when people describe what's wrong with current iterations, they use a lot of emotive language that is necessarily personal. It's like 10 people all using the word 'attractive' but meaning entirely different things because it's a reflection of their preferences, which differ.

Most of their manufactured figures look like they don't have the clothes on, so I'm worried they may not have tested the colour bleed onto the silicone. Hopefully it's fine...maybe they know if it's an issue from their initial proto having issues since initial photos.

At the end of the day I think the sculpt being better or worse than GT is a personal matter. It could also be that I don't have an eye to spot the differences because they're subtle, lol.

Are you getting one?

Agreed. I think the "bad" vs. "good" sculpt debates are somewhat because of the difficulty in translation from 2d screen shots to real life materials. i.e. silicone.
The beauty of it now is that you can take sculpts right from games and add your own textures, etc in like Limtoys does to make their sculpts very accurate (Joel and Nathan Drake). I think that 1/1 Sephiroth at Square headquarters translated very well (that was back in AC days, but still). I have a pic of Limtoys doing it for Joel.

A GT reissue/ rebirth version of the gang with rolling eyes and updated paint apps for the older figures would be ‘chef kiss’
I'm actually surprised they didn't make a new updated Cloud, but maybe they are afraid of the backlash of decreasing the value for the remake one?

I'm actually surprised they didn't make a new updated Cloud, but maybe they are afraid of the backlash of decreasing the value for the remake one?

Definitely don't understand the logic of another Zack but not another Cloud. But I also don't think most of these "teases" will ever see a release. The Grunt Cloud might get a release since it doubles as a generic Shinra Grunt, but I doubt that Wall Market Dress Cloud will ever make it to the consumer. Some of this stuff just feels like stuff the guy is making for himself.

I do really hope that Chocobo they teased at one point is still on the table, though.

Small info but the re-released Tifa PAK with updated face is released today... if anyone has the actual pics it would be nice to see them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2098.png
    Screenshot_2098.png
    398 KB · Views: 0
So I was speaking to an SGD employee and they were telling me that the body with underwear and bra will be shipped first then maybe a week later her outfit, I thought that was kind of odd makes me wonder if the outfits aren't finished yet and just want to send something out in the meantime

I wonder how online shops like FNC and OneSixthKit are going to handle this. It's weird they're going to separate the clothes.

Asmus is the only company I can remember who has ever done an upgrade plan for some of their older works. I would hope other companies would do the same but, it may be a tall order.

1000044813.png

Beware of who you listen to online. I'm sure those on FB know who this is. He's mad he didn't get review copies to resell for ridiculous prices so he's claiming fanart studios is shady. 🙄 I already talked to Fnc and they are aware.

Back